It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No Man's Sky: Beyond, a free content update is now available, DRM-free.. Get No Man's Sky 50% off until August 21st, 5 PM UTC.

Beyond contains three major updates rolled into one larger free release. These changes are a mix of features Hello Games have been dreaming of for a while, and a reaction to how they have seen folks playing since the release of NEXT.

An expanded online experience brings a radical new social and multiplayer experience which empowers players everywhere in the universe to meet and play together. Meanwhile, VR support brings the entire game experience to life in virtual reality.

Below is a brief summary of what you can find in BEYOND:

– Virtual Reality support
– VR user Interface
– VR user interactions
– VR controller support
– 16-32 multiplayer
– Multiplayer missions
– Ambient multiplayer
– A new social hub
– New traveller NPCs
– Dynamic NPCs
– Alien Languages
– New alien encounters
– Technology trees
– Gameplay Balance
– Discovery Page overhaul
– Planetary Charts
– Creature taming/riding/milking
– Cooking & Recipes
– Cooler Aliens
– Improved base building
– Power & Logic & Industrial Bases
– Optimisation
– Starship enhancements
– First person exocraft driving
– Vulkan
– PC graphics options
– Expanded controller support
– Sitting
– Version 2.0
MFerenc400: uninstall reinstall not happenining absolutly nothing... :(
Lue: In such case feel free to drop our Tech Support a message here :) I'm sure they'll be able to help you guys out!
Three people right away reporting that this version fails isn't a an individual support issue, it's a message to Gog that this version is *broken*, if you ask me.

Edit a day later: it is now CONFIRMED by many, many posts to the No Man's Sky forums both here and on Steam that there are severe problems with this release.

It is not the fault of 1 or 2 users with doing something wrong or having bizarre systems, and I think it was unkind at best to imply otherwise.

Note to readers: *some* users (not all) have reported that the worst problems (not all of them) can be worked around by installing brand new drivers, since No Man's Sky apparently switched to Vulkan graphics as of this release. That shouldn't be required, but at least it may help those who want to play immediately.

(Vulkan will be a very good thing longer term, both for No Man's Sky and for everything else too, but shorter term, there are some growing pains.)
Post edited August 15, 2019 by faroot
GOG.com: – Virtual Reality support
– VR user Interface
– VR user interactions
– VR controller support
So Gog is claiming that VR is supported? But there's no list of supported devices, like Vive, Oculus Rift, WMR, Valve Index, tracked motion controllers, etc? Seems more than a little suspicious.

I was wondering the same about the current sale's Kona, which has a VR DLC on steam but not here, and X Rebirth, which has a VR edition on steam but not here, and the same for various other games. I had the impression that Gog didn't support VR.
GOG.com: – Virtual Reality support
– VR user Interface
– VR user interactions
– VR controller support
faroot: So Gog is claiming that VR is supported? But there's no list of supported devices, like Vive, Oculus Rift, WMR, Valve Index, tracked motion controllers, etc? Seems more than a little suspicious.
Suspicious why? It is supported. Check the NMS subforum.

As for GOG not supporting VR, they do. I have the VR version of Hellbalde in my library, and I know there are several other VR games in GOG's catalog.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by TerriblePurpose
done
faroot: So Gog is claiming that VR is supported? But there's no list of supported devices, like Vive, Oculus Rift, WMR, Valve Index, tracked motion controllers, etc? Seems more than a little suspicious.
TerriblePurpose: Suspicious why? It is supported. Check the NMS subforum.

As for GOG not supporting VR, they do. I have the VR version of Hellbalde in my library, and I know there are several other VR games in GOG's catalog.
How extremely unhelpful.

First off, if I have to read a zillion forum messages to find out if something major (VR, Windows 7, Windows 10, etc) is supported, THEN IT ISN'T SUPPORTED. It needs to be on the *store* page.

Secondly, here's 100% of the first page of forum headlines that mention VR plus choice comments in each of those threads:

> Bug? Got stuck in discovery renaming dialogue in VR (oculus+touch)

... So, no VR? (Oculus here)

... Hey, please give steps on how you ran the game in VR?

... "manually start SteamVR, then start the game."

"...all that gets me is an empty SteamVR environment. RIP"

> OpenVR

"...Added the game as a non-steam game in Steam. It detects it just fines as "No Man's Sky (Open VR)" but it launches the regular game and nothing happens in SteamVR"

..."You need to add parameters "-HmdEnable 1", DUH"

> VR Confirmed.... for Playstation and Steam... GOG or other not mentioned?

"I confirm there is an option from GOG Galaxy to start the game in OpenVR mode. from the game page, go in "More > Other > No Man's Sky (OpenVR)" to start the game in VR. not tested yet.

"...Not working for me. "

"...VR seems to works on my side but it looks like it runs too slow to be playable. the loading alone takes 10m.

So again, it works for *some* people...but not others, and no doubt it works fine for you, but no, given the above, VR is not supported.

And as I said, various VR DLC and VR editions of games aren't even for sale here. And many people who report that some VR worked for them needed the SteamVR utility for it to work (and it didn't work for all those people). People who don't use Steam are then out of luck.
Post edited August 15, 2019 by faroot
Good thing I checked the comments thread here before my game finished updating.
Per Kotaku looks like you can't get into your existing save files with the update.

will wait a couple of days for the bug fixes.
The reviews need nothing done. A potential customer has a right to know its entire history, not just how you personally feel about it now.
Launching in VR -- it's there, just need to look for it (see attached)

screenshot: avnet.ws/shared/nms_gog_vr.png
Post edited August 15, 2019 by avluis
FirebornX: Good thing I checked the comments thread here before my game finished updating.
Per Kotaku looks like you can't get into your existing save files with the update.

will wait a couple of days for the bug fixes.
Works fine for me.

Well, I only played for 2-3 hours since the update, but no problem whatsoever so far.
Hello. I don't like teleportation in VR. Is free movement possible?
The homepage banner looks very nice.
oskarnowicki: Hello. I don't like teleportation in VR. Is free movement possible?
Oh is that how the VR works? Damn.
ChrisGamer300: It's with games like this that undergo significant updates, i wish GOG would revamp it's useless review system since it's still full of 2016 reviews cluttering up the review section, at the very minimum allow to edit reviews and put the most recent reviews first.
In this case it's hurting GOG since the game started out terrible but greatly increased in quality (general consensus seems to say), so if folks just see the old reviews they may be turned off. But I will say I'm much happier with the revamped review system compared to the old one because now you can at least sort. In any case, it's all on GOG.

They could so something like Steam and have like two sections side by side - most helpful and most recent. (probably don't want more panels than that)
Post edited August 15, 2019 by tfishell
ChrisGamer300: It's with games like this that undergo significant updates, i wish GOG would revamp it's useless review system since it's still full of 2016 reviews cluttering up the review section
And most of the "modern" reviews neglect to point out the fact that playing this game on GOG is pointless because the devs can't be bothered to implement Crossplay with Steam....right?

So therefore, the "modern" reviews are equally as useless as any of the older ones.
I cant wait to see what this game will look like when they add that last piece of content to it. Holding off and waiting to enjoy this when it's at 1000% :) keep the upgrading coming!