It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Creators of Ion Maiden decided to release their game under a different name to avoid legal issues with a popular heavy metal band. Ion Fury will now be released on August 15th.

On July 18th the price of Ion Fury will increase to $24.99.
[url=https://img.cinemablend.com/filter:scale/quill/8/e/1/1/0/4/8e110402f032f52029b3bade3e632420ac979bce.jpg?mw=600]Eye One Fury[/url]
'CAUSE I'M JUST A TEENAGE DIRTBAG BABY!
At least the game itself is still fine.
Well the popular heavy metal band just became much less popular in my household :-/
I mean it's not as if the band invented the term "Iron Maiden".

They co-opted the term from the device, which is fine.

But is it not possible that the game also co-opted the variation of the name from the same device?

In any case, it's not like 3D Realms or Voidpoint started a metal band named Ion Maiden. If they had, I could definitely see the problem.

But this is a game, not music, so the two businesses are not in any sort of competition, and I really don't think anyone is going to confuse a game title with an album or concert.
low rated
that bunch of metal idiots actually won?

lol, pretty impressive all things considered
It's a shame that Iron Maiden has sunken so low (or are so out of touch) that they let their lawyers do something like this. Probably their revenue has fallen below expectations and now they have to scrounge up every dime they can get - and in the US that means looking for someone to sue.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CJCh075UMAAtxmM.jpg

About the game: it looks good. Let's just hope that it will be better than Bombshell.
Post edited July 12, 2019 by Lifthrasil
So it's true.

Iron Maiden have become retarded too.

Why does everyone keep drinking tap water? Why?
A shame on Iron Maiden for bullying the developers, but good that they can avoid this mess now. Looking forward to full release!
Post edited July 12, 2019 by shmerl
CharlesGrey: This. I'd be highly surprised if any of the band members are involved in such decisions. I doubt they're even aware of the existence of this game. Probably just a bunch of lawyers with nothing better to do, working for the band's current publisher
Plokite_Wolf: A $2 million lawsuit without them knowing? Yeah right.
Is that a lot of money to a major publisher? Seems like they keep dishing out such lawsuits all the time. But I don't really know the details of this particular case.

Just saw this in an online article: "The band’s holding company, Iron Maiden Holdings, is looking for $2 million in damages... "

... Which makes me wonder: What damages are they even talking about? It's not like this game is even directly competing with Iron Maiden and the products they are selling. Unless they released any video games lately.
CharlesGrey: Which makes me wonder: What damages are they even talking about? It's not like this game is even directly competing with Iron Maiden and the products they are selling. Unless they released any video games lately.
The details of the lawsuit outline a few things like the name similarity being potentially confusing and resulting in possible loss of revenue to the band and the name of the character Shelly "Bombshell" Harrison being similar to that of Steve Harris and just a glut of things that still lead me to believe that it isn't anyone in the band that led the charge on the lawsuit but was instead a team of lawyers and trademark watchdogs with nothing better to do than scrutinize the game because it could topple the multi-million dollar empire that the band has created for themselves across multiple decades.
As I said in the other thread this is the perfect opportunity to drop the millennial main character and call the game Iron Lady instead.
Attachments:
I think Ion Fury is a better name, honestly.
StingingVelvet: I think Ion Fury is a better name, honestly.
I agree, the previous name felt like a lame "pop" culture reference but this one makes sense and sounds cool.

I haven't touched the game but if this game has a Ion cannon it makes even more sense :P.
Post edited July 12, 2019 by Dray2k
I will forever archive my build of the game.... This was worth every penny of support and will be supporting more if anything else drops from them... its so damn fun and feels brand new and old all at the same time.

Sucks about the name change, glad they didn't give up on it!

Also Iron Maiden can suck it, they will never grace my speakers again!
Post edited July 12, 2019 by Starkrun