It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Drelmanes: Hello
Someone have a high quality Fallout image? (except Fallout 3)
I want to make covers to Interplay Fallout games.

At the top of this page (post # 301 by GoliathSK) you will find a link to the existing covers, templates and info. I just search the internet for cover images or use our own existing box artwork.
Post edited December 20, 2009 by Stuff
Thank you.
Sorry Thiev, too much spare time on my hands. =)
Better UFO Aftershock image : http://www.cubeupload.com/files/fae00ufoaftershock.jpg
UFO Combo Pack : http://www.cubeupload.com/files/118800ufocombopack.jpg
Unreal Combo Pack : http://www.cubeupload.com/files/284a00unrealcombopack.jpg
Well, I don't even know how to start this, but I'll try to do my best...
I know that I owe you some kind of an explanation here, so let me get started. During this year, there were some changes in my personal life. Major and difficult changes. This is why I suddenly went missing a few months ago. Later, the situation went back normal and that was around July/August. But it took me a few more weeks to recover, I hope you understand. Now, you're probably wondering why I didn't just tell you. Well, I would if I didn't completely forget about this great website. Fortunately, I recently found that CD Projekt (the biggest Polish games publisher and the owner of GOG.com) plan to start a beta of their new loyalty program called CDPROgram. I decided to give it a try, since I've already had an account with some points for registering games I purchased there and I just like participating in betas. And then I read about GOG.com again and I suddenly realized what I did - left without a single word - which is the worst thing one can do. Especially when he's expected to create/release something regularly. What can I say now, I'm really really really sorry... :(
All I can do right now is hope that you'll accept my apologies for my absence and let me back into the community without perceiving me as someone who "doesn't belong to us anymore".
By the way, I noticed that you have already started filling the gaps in the list by creating your own covers. That's really nice! Thanks for keeping the idea up and hot. Many thanks to Thiev for creating and maintaining an alternative list on page 11.
I've just reuploaded all of my covers I had on my HDD, so the "not found" error with some of them should now be fixed. Moreover, they also received a revised Vista&XP compatibility notice.
I will be releasing some new (well, new, at least to my list) covers later this day, so stay tuned...
Thanks,
- Red
Red_153D: All I can do right now is hope that you'll accept my apologies for my absence and let me back into the community without perceiving me as someone who "doesn't belong to us anymore".

I only found this thread a few weeks ago and wondered why there were no posts from you lately. As for me, glad to have you back, looking forward to your new covers.
Several posts in this thread were voicing concern as to your whereabouts, I can't imagine that you will be greeted with anything but welcome back! The GOG community seems to have missed you and I will be glad for any input you may have to offer concerning my cover uploads. . . Welcome back !! . . .=)
Edit: no apology required . . .
Post edited December 22, 2009 by Stuff
Ok then! Let's get started. Four new covers from me:
- Beyond Divinity
- Cannon Fodder
- Divine Divinity
- The Manhole: Masterpiece Edition
I would like to say one thing.
Don't create covers that are virtually identical to already existant covers. I'm sorry, but I find both your Divinity covers to be very similar to those that are already there.
I'm not saying this because they are mine - but because I think it's not effective to have two actually completely identical covers!
As you can see, there is actually not a single game without any covers at this moment (there's even a list of missing covers, but it is currently empty). I would suggest you to scan through them all, and pick up the games with the most different covers first, till you move up to eventually recreating the others. I'd say this could save you a lot of time and resources, and you would be still creating new, interesting, and different covers - and that would be greatly appreciated. However, I consider creating a new cover only for it to be highly similar to something that had been already created a waste of time. It just doesn't help neither of us.
Anyway, welcome back... Although I have just met you for the first time. :)
=====================
>>> Click here <<< to browse the list of the original covers (list by Red_153D)
>>> Click here <<< to browse the complete list of alternate covers (list by Thiev)
>>> Click here <<< to browse the list of games with missing covers (list by GoliathSK)
Post edited December 23, 2009 by GoliathSK
Yeah, I'm aware that they may be similar, although they aren't identical. They differ in some details, such as the background image on the back, for example. Some may find it better to have just a grayscale gradient out there or prefer the refreshed compatibility notice. It's all up to individual tastes.
I really don't consider creating these covers, even similar to the existing ones, a waste of time. I have plenty thereof and I'm sure I'll be slowly but steadily completing the list of my covers. It's not that I want to compete with you or something. You have created a number of nice covers, and I appreciate that. I just want to give those, who prefer my version of them, a wider and up to date selection. It's obvious that I may not be able to create enough for all of the games available from GOG, but it's still better than nothing. That's all.
BTW I've just noticed that we have pretty similar avatars ;)
Post edited December 22, 2009 by Red_153D
If it's fine with you, I see no problems with it. It's good to have a lot of pictures to choose from after all. It's all about personal preference. I wouldn't spend time on creating covers that have been already done before - as you can, for example, see on your covers. I've never created any cover for those games that have already been "covered" by you.
If you find it satisfying, go ahead - the only thing I tried to do was to save your time. If you like creating covers, there's nothing and no reason for trying to stop you :)
Thanks for understanding my point of view. I'll ocassionaly throw in a cover or two aswell. For now, I wish you good luck and lots of enjoyable time creating them on your own.
Another quick update:
- Empire Earth: Gold Edition
- Teenagent
- The Nations Gold Edition
Wow, where do you and Thiev get those great cover images. I'm lucky to find a 200k fuzzy image at best. These new covers look fine to me and I see you have changed your compatibility format. I removed the glow on mine but only because I didn't realize it was on purpose.
I started working on the missing 21 cover list and in my haste to do as many as I could . . . I took some short cuts, leaving off the faded image on the back and posting a few with so-so cover images. Thiev is kind enough to re-link to some covers I have fixed and resubmitted. I still have a few that I need to fix but hesitate since I don't want to keep Thiev busy re-linking to my "repaired" covers . . . =)
I have taken some liberties with some of my covers as well not following the standard format. There are some games that have an abundance of great artwork, I don't even own Bloodrayne but their artwork guy was great . . so many images . . . so few games.
I am currently focused on making combo pack covers. Feel free to redo any covers I have uploaded, no offense will be taken . . please feel free . . . that holds true for GoliathSK, Thiev, yourself and any others in the community that want to redo a cover I submit.
I was wondering about covers in different languages?? Same cover with the appropriate language on the front and back or maybe just on the back?? Just a thought. Unfortunately, I don't speak any language but English so it would be on someone else to do the translations. Since GOG is an international community it might be the logical next step??
Edit: Also i would think ppl would want the game name on the spine to be in their native language, maybe not, others might reply concerning a preference??
Post edited December 22, 2009 by Stuff
Red_153D: <snip>

First of all - welcome back :)
On technical side, I don't think there is any sense in doubling links, so I'll keep my list as one of 'alternative covers', since you're updating your first post regularly. Unless you want me to include your links as well?
Red_153D: All I can do right now is hope that you'll accept my apologies for my absence and let me back into the community without perceiving me as someone who "doesn't belong to us anymore".

Something like that? Among classy community®? :)
Stuff: I still have a few that I need to fix but hesitate since I don't want to keep Thiev busy re-linking to my "repaired" covers . . . =)

You are joking, are you not? You know, changing links is not exactly a tremendous amount of work :)
Stuff: I was wondering about covers in different languages?? [...]

While community is international, all games are in English. Personally I think that localised covers could be made on 'per request' basis.
Thiev: You are joking, are you not? You know, changing links is not exactly a tremendous amount of work :)
While community is international, all games are in English. Personally I think that localised covers could be made on 'per request' basis.

I was joking but I do appreciate your efforts to keep the best covers available . . .=) . . .the list of unfinished was so long but so short, being goal driven . . . I took shortcuts . . . I will try to make my submissions better now that there is no backlog.
Thanks for the input on languages, I agree especially since I could do none of the translations . . .=)
Edit: I like your solution . . .
Post edited December 23, 2009 by Stuff
Three new covers today:
- I.G.I. 2: Covert Strike
- Mobile Forces
- Panzer Elite Special Edition
@Thiev: I guess it's better to keep them separate. Thanks again for that list.
Post edited December 23, 2009 by Red_153D