It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (2 Variations)
Fallout 3 (3 Variations)
Fallout New Vegas (3 Variations)
Tharsis (4 Variations)
Rebel Galaxy (4 Variations)
X2: The Threat (2 Variations)
X Superbox (4 Variations)
Post edited August 01, 2017 by Mobeeuz
Maybe someone has asked this in the past, but if I wanted to make my entire GOG collection physical, what are most people using to make that happen?

I've found bulk black DVD cases, and obviously the slip covers are taken care thanks to this thread and GOGCovers, but should I perhaps do CD's for anything pre-2000, and DVD's for 2000-2010?

Are most people using re writable discs, or are they installing the games on the discs so they launch when you put the disc in your system?

I have my own ideas as to how things could be done. This is more about curiosity as to how others are going about it.
Post edited June 07, 2017 by JinseiNGC224
JinseiNGC224: ...what are most people using to make that happen?
Rewritables are a waste of money, and installing a game onto media will not work more times than it does. What I rather is putting a collection onto a single DVD, adding thumbnails of all the covers to the sleeve, and calling it GOG Volume 01, etc. You need a menu for the games of course. I use Autorun Pascal Builder, CD Executor, and DVD Executor depending on my needs/laziness at the time.

The difference in price between bulk CDs and DVDs are negligible. The cases are where you'll spend most of your money. You can also double up by getting cases that hold multiple CD's/DVD's, grouping a series or whatnot. I find my biggest headache is shelf space :(
VKRadeon: Reposting my request... Can any of cover makers create a cover for X Complete Collection (X Gold, X2 The Threat, X3 Reunion and so on)?
After a long delay, you can get a GOG specific X-Superbox here.
@Mobeeuz

Could you create some nice '90s style covers for STRAFE?
Berzerk2002: @Mobeeuz

Could you create some nice '90s style covers for STRAFE?
Could you show me an example of a 90's style cover? ;)
Mobeeuz: Could you show me an example of a 90's style cover? ;)
That was just a little joke since the whole marketing for STRAFE was based on "going back to the good old '90s" (the retro trailer etc.). I don't really have an exact example how a cover for this game should look like.
After much deliberation, this is what I came up with...

Strafe (3 Variations)

Now updated with new artwork and adjustments, thanks to Berzerk2002...
Post edited July 31, 2017 by Mobeeuz
VKRadeon: Reposting my request... Can any of cover makers create a cover for X Complete Collection (X Gold, X2 The Threat, X3 Reunion and so on)?
Mobeeuz: After a long delay, you can get a GOG specific X-Superbox here.
Found it. And it is just damn PERFECT! Thank you vey much!!!
Mobeeuz: After much deliberation, this is what I came up with...
I like the design of these covers but I'm not that much happy with the colors. Maybe red like the blood color in STRAFE would be a better choise for the background. Also it would be cool if you could change the front of cover A to the official cover design (https://abload.de/img/strafeybs9b.jpg) and make the titles on the back the same color as the "STRAFE" title on the front.

The yellow/orange color on the back I would change to the yellow/orange that the acid in the game has.
(https://abload.de/img/strafecolorswdsgm.jpg)

The Pixel Titans logo on the back needs to be adjusted as it is a little slanted. On the front I would put the PT-logo more down so that it is 50/50 on the art and background (like the Devolver logo on top). It would be nice to mention the VV-1N Pre-order weapon DLC on the front or back too.
(https://abload.de/img/strafe_v11nweaopncmset.png)
I am open to constructive criticism. Rather than get offended as some would, I will instead explain my reasoning:
Berzerk2002: I like the design of these covers but I'm not that much happy with the colors. Maybe red like the blood color in STRAFE would be a better choise for the background.
It's the GoG website background. Since this is a GoG release, I used it for that reason. It's a riff on the 90's console box setup where every game would have the same base background for continuity.
Berzerk2002: Also it would be cool if you could change the front of cover A to the official cover design
I can't use that image, it is the wrong aspect ratio with little wiggle room. I did however find a much better quality image after a lot of looking, along with the other official cover artwork.
Berzerk2002: and make the titles on the back the same color as the "STRAFE" title on the front.
The cheezy logo style I used is very 90's and works with the purple background. However, your idea works too.
Berzerk2002: The yellow/orange color on the back I would change to the yellow/orange that the acid in the game has.
No one would know this if they hadn't already played the game, the colors I used were based off the cover image, so go better together.
Berzerk2002: The Pixel Titans logo on the back needs to be adjusted as it is a little slanted. On the front I would put the PT-logo more down so that it is 50/50 on the art and background
The PT logo is from their website, I assumed it was designed that way on purpose. I found another that wasn't, so I used that instead. Your 50/50 idea works better though.
Berzerk2002: It would be nice to mention the VV-1N Pre-order weapon DLC on the front or back too.
Done, added the soundtrack as well.

This will give you some idea of what goes into product boxes, and advertising in general. It goes beyond just slapping down whatever you want and calling it done. There is a method to the madness, and also a lot of work - most of it is planning and reiterating.

These decisions are part of the wasted advertising background I have. I actually find most of it tedious, but I do it for the creativity. Working for others, building what they want, can be a test of skills - It also can be a source of frustration. I build these for fun, and the fact that I have complete control over the end product.

So despite my rantings, here is the BERZERK edition of the images - as you (mostly) requested. If you are unsatisfied, feel free to take it out of my check when I send you the bill ;) or fire up a graphics program and build your own. You seem to have a bit of a knack for design, I would try your hand at it.

Strafe BERZERK Edition (3 Variations)

** UPDATE ** Uploaded old versions, now fixed.
Post edited July 31, 2017 by Mobeeuz
Wow these new versions look awesome. Big thanks for making these. GOG should add your cover versions to the extras sections of each game. :)
high rated
Tender Loving Care

The Witcher 3: GOTY (4 Variations) *EDIT* Fixed Spine.
Post edited August 03, 2017 by Mobeeuz
Hello people!
Anylone help with Witcher 3; Blood and Wine gog covers
Thanks everyone and happy holiday!
Why not go Game of the Year Edition instead of separating the DLCs?