It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@dawnpatrol
Glad you liked them!

@TheCollector
I'll do my best.

And here's a couple new ones

Turok
UnderRail

gogcovers.com
Does this not have a clean upload to gogcovers.com?
Gydion: Does this not have a clean upload to ? <a href="http://www.gog.com/forum/general/unofficial_dvd_covers_for_gog_com_games/post1927" class="link_arrow"></a></div> Not sure what you mean Gydion. On gogcovers.com there's a version made by [url=http://www.gogcovers.com/images/1/1d/Star_Wars_Dark_Forces.png]BangHowdy and one version made by me. Mine is slightly reworked with GOG's render of the Dark Forces logo and a bit different (and a not so good -quality wise-) cover while BangHowdy's has the original logo and cover.
RenKalan: Mine is slightly reworked with GOG's render of the Dark Forces logo and a bit different (and a not so good -quality wise-) cover...
Hmm, I guess I would call it coloured noise? Though it's a bit oddly distributed, not just in dark areas, and large parts of the image show no trace of it. Thought it might have been a corrupt upload. Looks like it responds well to a hot pixel filter. Naturally you can always mask the result into the unfiltered layer.
RenKalan: Mine is slightly reworked with GOG's render of the Dark Forces logo and a bit different (and a not so good -quality wise-) cover...
Gydion: Hmm, I guess I would call it coloured noise? Though it's a bit oddly distributed, not just in dark areas, and large parts of the image show no trace of it. Thought it might have been a corrupt upload. Looks like it responds well to a hot pixel filter. Naturally you can always mask the result into the unfiltered layer.
It doesn't really show up in the printed version, unless you look closely for it. i have it beside of my original big box cover and they look great together.
Gydion: Hmm, I guess I would call it coloured noise? Though it's a bit oddly distributed, not just in dark areas, and large parts of the image show no trace of it. Thought it might have been a corrupt upload. Looks like it responds well to a hot pixel filter. Naturally you can always mask the result into the unfiltered layer.
How do I apply this pixel filter in a program like GIMP or PhotoShop? I'm kind of novice with image editors and any tip / advise is welcomed if I'm to learn something new.
RenKalan: How do I apply this pixel filter in a program like GIMP or PhotoShop? I'm kind of novice with image editors and any tip / advise is welcomed if I'm to learn something new.
I don't think a pixel filter would work here. Wouldn't it give it a more pixelized or retro look?

I still think the printed version looks awesome as-is :) See below:

http://i.imgur.com/qGFOyLj.jpg
RenKalan: I'm kind of novice with image editors and any tip / advise is welcomed if I'm to learn something new.
It doesn't show. Which do you use? I might be able to point you to some tutorials.
I only use GIMP, and don't have PS anyway. Nearly all plugins/filters are free for GIMP. G'MIC (super plugin) is a full-featured open-source framework for image processing. The site is apparently down right now. :(
One of the numerous filters it has is one under Repair - Remove hot pixels. Attached are a cropped section of the cover ran with the default settings. It removes the stray pixels readily, but also destroys some detail not to mention the "STAR" portion of the logo. Probably worth playing around with the filter's parameters. I would still duplicate the layer first, run the filter, apply a fully transparent layer mask and paint on the mask, in white with a brush of no more than 75 hardness, on the affected areas.

dawnpatrol: I don't think a pixel filter would work here. Wouldn't it give it a more pixelized or retro look?
Yeah, no. It's a "hot pixel" filter anyway. Most filters one would use for touch ups do some type of smoothing or blending. Last thing before exporting is to run a sharpening filter, but only if needed.
Attachments:
df1.png (211 Kb)
df2.png (184 Kb)
Post edited January 14, 2016 by Gydion
RenKalan: @dawnpatrol
Glad you liked them!

@TheCollector
I'll do my best.

And here's a couple new ones

Turok
UnderRail

gogcovers.com
I like your covers, still I think I prefer the name centered on the spine.
dawnpatrol:
Gydion:
This was very helpful and enlightening indeed! I'm working mainly with GIMP but I occasionally work with an old version of Photoshop CS (a.k.a Photoshop 8.0!). It depends on which PC is free at the moment. I try my best with those programs and try to explore and experiment as much as possible to get the best out of them, as my knowledge is pretty basic. Thanks Gydion.

RenKalan:
Sioul: I like your covers, still I think I prefer the name centered on the spine.
I dunno Sioul, I think the title looks great when not centered on the spine. Look at the last photo in dawnpatrol's post. Don't they look good?

Here's some more covers requested
Akalabeth: World of Doom
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Alan Wake's American Nightmare (alt. version)
MDK
MDK 2
Race the Sun Complete
Race the Sun Complete (alt. version 1)
Race the Sun Complete (alt. version 2)
Race the Sun Complete (alt. version 3)
Resonance
and a contribution from TheCollector and his intimate other
Phantasmmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh DISC LABEL

gogcovers.com
Post edited January 16, 2016 by RenKalan
RenKalan: This was very helpful and enlightening indeed! I'm working mainly with GIMP but I occasionally work with an old version of Photoshop CS (a.k.a Photoshop 8.0!). It depends on which PC is free at the moment. I try my best with those programs and try to explore and experiment as much as possible to get the best out of them, as my knowledge is pretty basic.
Fanart.tv has some quality tutorials on doing clean up. A couple of relevant ones: Gimp from Scratch &ndash; Part 3 or the updated(?) version, Adjusting Color Levels. There's probably a few more on there. They changed it around and added the text articles since the last time I looked at them.
Pat David's blog is also great. He can get deeply technical & is focused on photography, but there is some good stuff there.
Turns out my problem with G&rsquo;MIC's site is a routing issue with my ISP. I assume you should be able to get to it without problems.
Covers for Falcon Collection and IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 please? Thanks!
RenKalan:
Gydion:
Man, you 're awesome! Great resources there. Time to put on my study hat...

fritzjoel:
I will work on them just have a little patience.

Bio Menace
Bio Menace (alt. version)
Darkstone
Darkstone (alt. version)
Gone Home
Gone Home (alt. version)

gogcovers.com
Costume Quest
Omikron: The Nomad Soul
Sam &amp; Max Save the World

gogcovers.com
Probably a little of topic but i would like some advice from someone who maybe has some experience with printing these covers.

What kind of paper is best for a cover?
Do you need a special kind of printer?
Any small advice's to get the best end effect.