It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: I thought the main upside of flatpak is not bundling, but sandboxing.
I agree, all Unity3D games sold here on GOG come with bundled Mono libraries, and there has never been any need of Flatpak (or anything like it) for that. Sandboxing on the other hand would prevent all of those games to phone home without the player consent…
HypersomniacLive: Eventually you said? Is that before or after the from_the_ground_up notification system for game updates?
kbnrylaec: Before the end of universe.
Let's not push them too hard now, you hear?
dewtech: Hey, sorry if i'm writing this too late, but an idea to think about would be to give the tar.gz files for advanced users
You can just unzip the installers though...
Post edited May 04, 2018 by Maighstir
vv221: Sandboxing on the other hand would prevent all of those games to phone home without the player consent…
Sweet reputation you got there, vv221! :D

1337!
kneekoo: (…)
Thanks ;)
Now to find a way to freeze it in its current state…
Digital_CHE: It will be good to know exactly which one of the above was the reason why the linux version of Metro Redux, The Saints Row games and Dying Light are not available on GOG.
Ganni1987: I wish GOG were a little more open regarding some of this, the Linux community can be quite resourceful.
For obvious reasons we cannot disclose any details regarding specific titles, sorry. Please ask publishers of these games instead.

vv221: Most of the time locale issues happen when using Mesa graphics drivers.
That's a helpful hint, thanks. We gotta pay more attention to this combination in the future!
linuxvangog: That's a helpful hint, thanks. We gotta pay more attention to this combination in the future!
Here are a couple games that have issues with the Mesa + non-English locale combination:
Faster Than Light (FTL)
Fear Equation
Hot Tin Roof
Political Animals
Shadow Tactics
Torment: Tides of Numenera

With all of them, exporting LANG="en_US.UTF-8" or LANG=C before running the game workd around their issues.
you happened to know why the mesa driver causes issues with this ?

vv221: Here are a couple games that have issues with the Mesa + non-English locale combination:
Faster Than Light (FTL)
wasn't that supposed to be fixed with the latest patch ?
immi101: you happened to know why the mesa driver causes issues with this ?
This is most probably linked to the use of a ',' (comma) as a decimal separator in some languages, where the engine expects a '.' (period).
But I can’t really say more about this, I did not track the issues further, and I suspect there might be multiple ones.

vv221: Here are a couple games that have issues with the Mesa + non-English locale combination:
Faster Than Light (FTL)
immi101: wasn't that supposed to be fixed with the latest patch ?
After a quick check, animations are still not playing in version 1.6.7 when using Mesa drivers and French locale.
What about the new LTS release?