It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two great FPS games from Bethesda join our ranks. Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are now available on GOG.COM, both with a special 70% discount lasting until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (-70%) is set in the alternative version of history in which the Third Reich won the war. As captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz we start a new battle with the old enemy.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (-70%) is a prequel to the previous game. In 1946 Blazkowicz must infiltrate the dark castle where Nazis hold their top secrets.

If you want to immerse yourself in the story of both games, buy The Two Pack. It includes Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and is also available with a 70% discount until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
Yeah, knew these were supposed to arrive here some time. Now they did! Congratulations on these good releases! and many thanks.
ofc doom16 will get a gog release, probably next year when bthesda will be done with all the eternal season passes and expansions and whatevs.
Post edited February 17, 2020 by mobutu
viranimus: Digital distribution was supposed to save us money because the devs/pubs were eliminating costly media, production costs, ect.
That's not really a black and white issue. If anything games cost way more to create than they used to while the actual retail prices have pretty much stayed the same while completely disregarding inflation. Hell, one could say games are typically cheaper these days than they used to be.
Sometimes GOG wondering me (in good meaning - release of Wolf Pack + Dishonored Pack), but sometimes GOG Team cannot help with some simple problems... GOG why our relationships are so complicated?..
Post edited February 17, 2020 by LifeLover
mk47at: They should have created those for Austrian and parts of the Swiss customers.
The Austrian/Swiss-market alone would not justify the costs for a seperate localization in german, if you are not gonna step into the BIG german market, too. And the german market for the uncut version was blocked, at least Bethesda thought so. Now everything has changed.

But as the GOG moderator already said. The german version is HEAVILY censored, even the storyline was changed. A reprogramming in total (text, speech, graphics, story) would cost a small fortune, but the game is budget now. No way to make the costs back.

Subtitles for the international version would fix the speech/dialogue, but not the graphics or story. So it would be a very small bonus and a quite fake/incomplete one.

I can live with that, having 2 continuities of the game. One complete german one, with altered storyline, and the uncensored one. At least I can buy BOTH now officially.
Gonna have to pass. Even if the gameplay is good, those new Wolfenstein games emit a certain stench, of being overly-politicized with contemproary issues. And the less said about Bethesda nowadays, the better. I'm not giving them any money.
Anime-BlackWolf:
You do realize that we were talking about German subtitles for the international version. That cannot be prohibitively expansive, otherwise all those budget DVD/Blu-ray releases wouldn't have them. I've translated subtitles myself. It's something that can be completed in a rather short time.
Doc0075: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
Calm down Doc. lol
Anime-BlackWolf: Subtitles for the international version would fix the speech/dialogue, but not the graphics or story. So it would be a very small bonus and a quite fake/incomplete one.
Well, I took the time and looked it up. Such a patch really already does exist and the patch community was able to make it for free. Now I really wonder how costly this would have been for Bethesda. Take the international version/textures, add German menus and text (available) and do a new German translation based on the uncensored English ones. I do agree that redoing the German audio would have been too costly but translating a few subtitles - especially for a FPS is something I've done multiple times after my work.
Edward_Carnby: Good, good.

Keep 'em coming GOG !
Oddeus: Out of curiosity, what´s that "strong sexual content" they promise in the ESRB rating? I never heard that Wolfenstein has such.
Edward_Carnby: 'Wolfenstein: New Order' contains some sex scenes between BJ & his girlfriend.
They perform some BJ on BJ? :)
viranimus: I love that the games are here now.

That said this produces a perfect example of something that still annoys me. This has nothing what so ever to do with GOG.

Digital distribution was supposed to save us money because the devs/pubs were eliminating costly media, production costs, ect. The sale price of this right now is basically 12$ if you buy both of these games. It is definitely a good price for the overall value of the products in question.

That said, I can buy a new copy of the Wolfenstien two pack that has both of these titles, each on their own physical disc, all day long, new copies for 11$. I can get used copies for about 8. Granted prices on PS4 are a bit higher than Xbox but the issue is the same.

Why is it that physical media is what keeps prices cheaper and since we have been going to digital distribution prices have only stayed higher longer, despite the lower production costs? This is of course a rhetorical question because I understand the answers and know the subject in more depth that even most within the industry. Just get tired of seeing bad industry behavior when I constantly see it. Again, has nothing to do with GOG, this is an issue with the whole state of gaming. The industry and consumers alike.
When the game is released physical media, duplication, distribution costs... a lot.
When the game is in the bargain bin, shelf space worth more for most distributors, so they dump the remaining copies on loss, or production costs, with little to no profit.
Post edited February 17, 2020 by IFW
Well, well, well. GOG is really putting my Bethesda boycott in question with this one. All this talk about censored German version made me wonder - do Nazi soldiers in this one actually speak German in English version, or it is usual Wolfenstein thing of Germans speaking English?
Christmas came damn early this year!!!
Thank you !!
Nice to see 2 new Wolfenstein's on GOG!

Is there a way to adjust the texture size in either one?
These games are fantastic run-and-gun shooters -- especially IMO The Old Blood.

I was never a fan of the series and it turned me on to the Wolfenstein series (really hope the earlier Wolfenstein by Raven might show up here one day!).
mk47at: Why? It's freely available in Germany since the end of November last year.
viperfdl: Sorry, I just tried to be funny. :)
We Germans take our humour very seriously. It is absolutely no laughing matter!
viperfdl: Sorry, I just tried to be funny. :)
Sometimes it's hard to differentiate between people trying to be funny and people giving bad advice whether it might be deliberate or unintentional.