It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Today two great FPS games from Bethesda join our ranks. Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood are now available on GOG.COM, both with a special 70% discount lasting until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.

Wolfenstein: The New Order (-70%) is set in the alternative version of history in which the Third Reich won the war. As captain William "B.J." Blazkowicz we start a new battle with the old enemy.

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood (-70%) is a prequel to the previous game. In 1946 Blazkowicz must infiltrate the dark castle where Nazis hold their top secrets.

If you want to immerse yourself in the story of both games, buy The Two Pack. It includes Wolfenstein: The New Order and Wolfenstein: The Old Blood and is also available with a 70% discount until 24th February 2020, 2 PM UTC.
NuffCatnip: Those are sitting in my wishlist. :)
I'm waiting for decent-ish discounts to get the deluxe editions (the OST's are amazing), I'll probably buy them once they get 20-25% off.
I imagine they'll reach at least that during the Spring or Summer Sale, I think at least Dusk has reached that or greater in discount already.
NuffCatnip: I'll check out The Old Blood, seems a bit more like an old school FPS.
mk47at: TOB is less old school than TNO. Everything is segmented by one-way pipe checkpoints. In combination with the auto saves it makes it impossible to go back. Everything is divided into small arenas with two commanders. There is an extreme number of forced stealth sections that are very repetitive. You will see the horribly long pipe separation and combination animations dozens of times even if the last state of the pipe was the one that is needed and the take-down animation for the Supersoldiers is horrible as well. Then there are the slow door switches that make you watch a gauge that is moving extremely slow over and over.
Thanks for the info!
At first I didn't like TOB at all, but after watching another gameplay video I decided to give it a go...at some point in the future, for now I'll just replay Dishonored.
NuffCatnip: Those are sitting in my wishlist. :)
I'm waiting for decent-ish discounts to get the deluxe editions (the OST's are amazing), I'll probably buy them once they get 20-25% off.
tfishell: I imagine they'll reach at least that during the Spring or Summer Sale, I think at least Dusk has reached that or greater in discount already.
That's great to hear!
Now all I have to do is wait. :P
Post edited February 23, 2020 by NuffCatnip
Tarhiel: Game was significantly harder because of it, and I wouldn´t had it any other way.
This especially. What I love about Venom is that it does 2 things at once. It massively improves the visuals (but doesn't deviate from the original at all) AND increases the difficulty. The base game was so easy, it got boring after a while. This keeps it interesting every time I decide to replay RtCW.

It is what all these HD "remasters/remakes" should be about. Just improve the original, don't make changes just for the sake of changes.
So, I've recently finished both games (incredible, buying games AND playing in them AND finishing them! what a great strike into my backlog). On the one hand, they're quite good in terms of pure gameplay.

Just better don't go too deep into plot, because it has so many stupid/inprobable stuff that even for standards of video games it's stretching the boarder.

Plus - one thing which bothered me, is that despite the fact, that game is taking place (mostly or partially, depending on the title) during WW2 (I know, in alternative reality, but still), yet none of the heroes are referring to enemies as "Jerrys" or "Krauts" or even "Germans" but always "Nazis". This sounds so extremelly out there. First games in Commandos series were making it right.

Other thing - isn't it surprising that New Order offers literally nothing more than campaign? Even those "bonus modes" are just repeat the campaign, but on modified conditions. I don't want to complain about campaign itself, since it's made quite fine, but I've got impression that it's unusual approach for made "nowadays" FPS.
Wolfenstein the Board Game - Play it Right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9S-watZO2U
MartiusR: So, I've recently finished both games (incredible, buying games AND playing in them AND finishing them! what a great strike into my backlog). On the one hand, they're quite good in terms of pure gameplay.

Just better don't go too deep into plot, because it has so many stupid/inprobable stuff that even for standards of video games it's stretching the boarder.

Plus - one thing which bothered me, is that despite the fact, that game is taking place (mostly or partially, depending on the title) during WW2 (I know, in alternative reality, but still), yet none of the heroes are referring to enemies as "Jerrys" or "Krauts" or even "Germans" but always "Nazis". This sounds so extremelly out there. First games in Commandos series were making it right.

Other thing - isn't it surprising that New Order offers literally nothing more than campaign? Even those "bonus modes" are just repeat the campaign, but on modified conditions. I don't want to complain about campaign itself, since it's made quite fine, but I've got impression that it's unusual approach for made "nowadays" FPS.
Is it ? I belief it is very common for ID soft seeing Doom III also expects you to more or less play it over untill you reach Doom level