It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
GamezRanker: Unemployment/other gov benefits, if available....also, if one works for a gaming company and makes in the high 5 figures(or even six figures) range, then I think they should have the foresight/etc to save some of that money up in case they ever need to leave said job.
Which the employees getting the worst treatment in the company don't have the luxury of making most of the time.

GamezRanker: If I were being slapped around or suffering worse at the hands of other employees on the job, i'd quit(and then sue/etc).....plain and simple.

I mean in this case: the plaintiffs are both affected to such a degree that they had the California Govvt start an investigation, yet not affected enough to leave and find new jobs? Their claims might be legit, but the circumstances around it all make it seem(key word) a bit "off".
Why do I need to try to keep drilling this in your head:
yes, even when you bring in the government to start an investigation, you don't have the luxury to give up and say "welp, guess you guys abused me enough." Family to feed, credits you hope to not have your name struck off from, brutal job markets...did I forget to mention stuff like industry blacklists? If one company doesn't like you, it can prevent you from landing a job in other companies?

Also how many times do I need to drill the fact this whole shit is systemic and not only affects ActiBlizz but also the EAs and Ubisofts and and and? Apparently Insomniac Games drove someone this close to suicide too.

You assume it's like jumping from a ship to another ship, except the other ship is probably also corrupt, or will kill or send you back to your ship as they don't want you. That's the reality. It isn't "I'd quit plain and simple" and forget about it.

Also "just quit" is a bandaid solution to industry abuse. The more permanent one which will resound across the industry, from the top of the tops to the indies, is indeed, legal action setting precedents. Something people like our local "my floor tiles are communist" troll don't have enough IQ to understand.

GamezRanker: Of course this isn't to say the claims here are false(some now seem to be sadly very much true, from what i've found out).....just that they(false claims) can and do happen in the US.
If we stay afraid of false claims without even considering those in the positions of power can and will abuse their power to create atrocities like these, we will never go forwards as a species. I think the fear of a little guy running away with rich money is misplaced and honestly sounds idiotic, not gonna lie. It'd be better and far more healthy if we reserved this judgment until it turns out this was the truth.
low rated
PookaMustard: blabla
Yep they should just quit , they can quit too, they could start selling their switch console + games if they dont have money.
Looks like it is easier to do something than to label it as they dont have a choice and qq on twitter.
Do you know who doesnt have choices? people who are threatened at gunpoint. So spare me the croco tears about these employees dont have the luxury of leaving the company, this is a lie.

Keep drilling? oh yeah this speaks a lot about what you are trying to do
repeat the same mantra until others just give up and subject to your ideas
not gonna work vs free thinkers

systemic ? :D not at all

If we believe in claims and label them as truth without any evidence just because the claims support our political views is opposite of what would advance our civilization.
low rated
Orkhepaj: If we believe in claims and label them as truth without any evidence just because the claims support our political views is opposite of what would advance our civilization.
Hi, I believe your bed is communist. Just letting you know.
GamezRanker: ...
If you're gonna continue this topic with me, better do it in PMs. Not interested in having people who harp about communism in the Year of the Lord 2021 butting into the conversation.
Post edited August 05, 2021 by PookaMustard
low rated
No wonder political discussions on Game websites are genrally considered to be cesspools.
low rated
I love this thread.

I wonder if performing sexual favors was written in their contract? Or was it oral agreement?

Also: what is consent anyway? Is it possible to get consent without waking them up?

dudalb: No wonder political discussions on Game websites are genrally considered to be cesspools.
What do you mean by political discussions? We are talking about the gaming industry right now.
Post edited August 06, 2021 by ConanTheBald
low rated
Arundir: Well as far as I am aware the change at Blizzard from a development perspective was gradual and is still ongoing, if I remember it right even Morhaime hinted at that. So now they have the excuse to go from gradual to full scale change.
Darvond: The evidence and history suggests otherwise, with many of the Blizzard dev veterans coming from absolutely reeking pits from the days of Everquest.

The way I understand it as it stands is that both companies did not have a gradual corruption, but that they had both been rotted to the core from near the start; this series of events was just a shattering of the mask.
I think we are talking about two different things.
low rated
https://imgur.com/a/YWlznc7

This collection of pictures demonstrates Blizzard hypocrisy over the years. The very first picture from pcgaymer is misleading because he didn't directly name it but as someone said.
This is another one of those moments where I agree with someone in basic principle while being fairly dubious about how seriously I can take them.

Blizzard's entire business model right now runs on promoting pathologically hyper-competitive cultures revolving around psychological addiction machines that promote /exactly/ the kind of dick behavior we see spewing out of the most toxic corners of the gaming industry. And that's /regardless/ of anything to do with #GamerGate, Feminism, or any other social issue one cares to name.

So, y'know, good effort and maybe work on that /in your games/, Blizz?
low rated
bleh
low rated
blah
low rated
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: https://imgur.com/a/YWlznc7

This collection of pictures demonstrates Blizzard hypocrisy over the years. The very first picture from pcgaymer is misleading because he didn't directly name it but as someone said.

This is another one of those moments where I agree with someone in basic principle while being fairly dubious about how seriously I can take them.

Blizzard's entire business model right now runs on promoting pathologically hyper-competitive cultures revolving around psychological addiction machines that promote /exactly/ the kind of dick behavior we see spewing out of the most toxic corners of the gaming industry. And that's /regardless/ of anything to do with #GamerGate, Feminism, or any other social issue one cares to name.

So, y'know, good effort and maybe work on that /in your games/, Blizz?
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ:
I don't think working conditions are any worse or better in Blizzard than they are in anywhere else. Maybe it's just that snowflakes can't handle it when they are expected to do some work.

There's absolutely no doubt now that the case is not about Blizzard or the treatment of men or women there but it's about feminazzies trying to muscle into industry without actually bothering to do any work. That's what it's about. Sad. Really sad.

Obviously it would be great if working conditions would be better in gaming industry - for everyone. Not just for women or for minorities, but for everyone. But since there's so long queue of people wanting to get in, it tilts off balance the supply and demand of people available for that particular industry. No wonder that they are being treated like slaves. It's really people trying to get into gamedev who really make it all worse for everyone.
low rated
ConanTheBald: I don't think working conditions are any worse or better in Blizzard than they are in anywhere else. Maybe it's just that snowflakes can't handle it when they are expected to do some work.
The collection of images shows their two faced attitude to both their customers and their workers.

Someone speculated maybe it was some other companies doing to lower the stock prices for a buyout.
low rated
ConanTheBald: I don't think working conditions are any worse or better in Blizzard than they are in anywhere else. Maybe it's just that snowflakes can't handle it when they are expected to do some work.
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: The collection of images shows their two faced attitude to both their customers and their workers.

Someone speculated maybe it was some other companies doing to lower the stock prices for a buyout.
Knowing what's going on in California I wouldn't be surprised. You can expect all the big tech to move out of the state in next few years.
low rated
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: The collection of images shows their two faced attitude to both their customers and their workers.

ConanTheBald: Knowing what's going on in California I wouldn't be surprised. You can expect all the big tech to move out of the state in next few years.
:) they get what they wanted
everything will be eco-friendly as nobody will be able to allow anything
low rated
ConanTheBald: Knowing what's going on in California I wouldn't be surprised. You can expect all the big tech to move out of the state in next few years.
Orkhepaj: :) they get what they wanted
Only if hords of unemployed and homeless are eco friendly. That's already now, before the brain drain and capital flight.
low rated
Orkhepaj: :) they get what they wanted
ConanTheBald: Only if hords of unemployed and homeless are eco friendly. That's already now, before the brain drain and capital flight.
arent they ? they have no cars or AC or consoles with huge tv-s
there will be a tower in the middle for the politicians and 50km hobo land around