It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
Further update: IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE.
Post edited July 30, 2021 by Darvond
low rated
Darvond: New Update: Activision hires Union Busting pack of jackals, presumably to try and lay down their workers after the walkout.
good
unions is communism , they should be banned
Darvond: Further update: IT KEEPS GETTING WORSE.
so another movement used for power play and easy money, while real victims wont get anything, yep looks like that
that metoo was such a disaster
old faded women thinking they can get 5min fame and or money made decades old accusations, what a wonderful movement ...
Post edited July 30, 2021 by Orkhepaj
low rated
To be honest Kotaku nor New York Times aren't really trustworthy news sourses. It becomes more and more abvious that certain click is trying really hard to hijack this crisis and run with it for their own purposes rather than helping the actual victims.

Bill Cosby was no fratboy. Trying to insinuate like all college guys or "fratboys" are rapists is disgusting. It was proven right away that those fake statistics for college campuses was not true from the beginning. Could you imagine for example if "college girl" would be used as synonymous for someone working in adult industy? I know I wouldn't. Polarizing the society and trying to pit different cultures, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religions and political ideologies against one another is not helping anyone. Why can't we take any issue at face value and judge everyone according to the actual situation rather than stacking all social problems ontop of one another all at once. If we would deal with one problem at the time then we might actually start solving them.
Post edited July 30, 2021 by ConanTheBald
low rated
Important Preface: It seems that some of the claims might be true. While I dislike the "money grab" nature of the current case, I do hope those responsible are punished with the full force of the law.
================================

PookaMustard: Isn't the US legal system tipped in favor of the corporations? It's not gonna be easy.
It often seems that way, but: if it's a jury trial, then it'll just come down to convincing said jury.

PookaMustard: In which case you don't pursue a case for two years that you know isn't gonna be fruitful.
Fair enough....still, they (officials, I mean) are probably trying to get something out of this besides money.

PookaMustard: No? Sometimes you don't even have the luxury of just quitting. If you got people to feed, how are you gonna get food on the table?
Unemployment/other gov benefits, if available....also, if one works for a gaming company and makes in the high 5 figures(or even six figures) range, then I think they should have the foresight/etc to save some of that money up in case they ever need to leave said job.

PookaMustard: Most importantly, if you already worked several years, do you want to quit now, have your name struck off the credits, and have less of a chance to get a new job? Or would you grit your teeth, and find other ways to alleviate your problem? You're abused in the short-term and even long-term, but quitting early will just add even more long-term problems.
If I were being slapped around or suffering worse at the hands of other employees on the job, i'd quit(and then sue/etc).....plain and simple.

I mean in this case: the plaintiffs are both affected to such a degree that they had the California Govvt start an investigation, yet not affected enough to leave and find new jobs? Their claims might be legit, but the circumstances around it all make it seem(key word) a bit "off".

PookaMustard: I fail to see how claims of sexual abuse would be used in a get rich quick off the back of the law scheme without either backfiring spectacularly or requiring someone of immense cunning and intelligence (and those people don't work for Activision Blizzard).
The US is a very sue happy country.....people sue for various reasons(including frivolous and/or false ones) all the time.

Of course this isn't to say the claims here are false(some now seem to be sadly very much true, from what i've found out).....just that they(false claims) can and do happen in the US.

=====

JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: The best outcome is that the sex offenders and scummy CEOs get jail time and the people making up allegations jumping on the bandwagon also get exposed and punished.
^---This right here: well said

====

LiquidOxygen80: I dislike ActiBlizz. Intensely. I also absolutely believe they're completely capable of being a bunch of predatory assholes. That said, I also refuse to throw out the basis of our legal system before evidence can be presented. That said, I have no problem if it's true and they get punished for it. It's always the loudest "ally" in the room that ends up being the most likely with skeletons in their closets.
Also well said, and I agree that those guilty should be punished as much as possible under the law.
Post edited July 31, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
ConanTheBald: It becomes more and more abvious that certain click is trying really hard to hijack this crisis and run with it for their own purposes rather than helping the actual victims.
Regardless of the validity of the claims, it seems that the Cali. Govvt is doing just that....pushing/promoting their own agendas by using this case against Acti-Blizz.
(things like saying in the docs that this is all because of "evil white men", when any gender is equally capable of the same things in such job positions & also making it out as if only women are being affected, when it's more likely all lower level employees are likely suffering to some degree)
low rated
ConanTheBald: It becomes more and more abvious that certain click is trying really hard to hijack this crisis and run with it for their own purposes rather than helping the actual victims.
GamezRanker: Regardless of the validity of the claims, it seems that the Cali. Govvt is doing just that....pushing/promoting their own agendas by using this case against Acti-Blizz.
Okay, what the heck is the agenda? Get the employees to stop acting like feral animals?

Going into a breastfeeding room and just staring is slightly beyond a social faux pas.
low rated
Now Activision has the excuse to just hijack Blizzard openly and no longer has to tip toe step by step.
low rated
Darvond: Okay, what the heck is the agenda?
If you read my posts, you'd see that I stated what I meant by this.

To reiterate: to push the notion that white people(especially males) bad, and women/non whites good.
(and no, this ain't me imagining things....it's stated right in the court documents)

There were/are likely employees of all genders affected, yet they(prosecution) focus on women alone(plaintiffs). Also, anyone can be equally bad(greedy/nasty/etc) in company leadership roles, yet the court docs also make it out to be as if the company's leadership is bad solely/mostly because they're white/men.

This is an actual case/trial/etc and not Judge Judy. It should be about listing/punishing the bad behaviors done & focus on that, and leave near anything else(including political theatre/maneuverings) at the door.

Darvond: Going into a breastfeeding room and just staring is slightly beyond a social faux pas.
Agreed 100%

Darvond: Activison wasn't exactly a peach farm either; they're both acting in gross misconduct.
Also agreed
Post edited August 01, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Arundir: Now Activision has the excuse to just hijack Blizzard openly and no longer has to tip toe step by step.
How is this different from when the two merged? Activison wasn't exactly a peach farm either; they're both acting in gross misconduct.
low rated
Arundir: Now Activision has the excuse to just hijack Blizzard openly and no longer has to tip toe step by step.
Darvond: How is this different from when the two merged? Activison wasn't exactly a peach farm either; they're both acting in gross misconduct.
Well as far as I am aware the change at Blizzard from a development perspective was gradual and is still ongoing, if I remember it right even Morhaime hinted at that. So now they have the excuse to go from gradual to full scale change.
low rated
Arundir: So now they have the excuse to go from gradual to full scale change.
Post edited August 01, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
Darvond: How is this different from when the two merged? Activison wasn't exactly a peach farm either; they're both acting in gross misconduct.
Arundir: Well as far as I am aware the change at Blizzard from a development perspective was gradual and is still ongoing, if I remember it right even Morhaime hinted at that. So now they have the excuse to go from gradual to full scale change.
The evidence and history suggests otherwise, with many of the Blizzard dev veterans coming from absolutely reeking pits from the days of Everquest.

The way I understand it as it stands is that both companies did not have a gradual corruption, but that they had both been rotted to the core from near the start; this series of events was just a shattering of the mask.
low rated
Hopefully this doesn't mean Diablo 2: Resurrected is postponed.
Post edited August 01, 2021 by Crosmando
low rated
Crosmando: Hopefully this doesn't mean Diablo 2: Resurrected isn't postponed.
seriously?
low rated
Crosmando: Hopefully this doesn't mean Diablo 2: Resurrected isn't postponed.
Wirvington: seriously?
Of course. Some little scandal doesn't mean that they don't have to work any longer. Chop-chop, back to work.
Post edited August 02, 2021 by ConanTheBald