It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
LiquidOxygen80: Stop it.
you're not entitled to "evidence" of harrassment, only law enforcement and the legal system is.

if you don't like it, don't reply. that's how you idiots who unironically have words like "sjw" and "cancel culture" in your dictionaries think, right?
Post edited July 27, 2021 by PookaMustard
low rated
GamezRanker: Well they're asking for(or have gotten...don't know which it currently is atm) a jury trial....that means they just need to win over the people on said jury....which shouldn't be too hard, given how many(including myself) feel about companies like Blizzard atm.
Isn't the US legal system tipped in favor of the corporations? It's not gonna be easy.

GamezRanker: Well it's also(as I said in my edits) likely for the money....and probably a lot of money.....some of which would likely go into the state's coffers, I am guessing.
In which case you don't pursue a case for two years that you know isn't gonna be fruitful.

GamezRanker: But monetary relief alone doesn't stop any actual bad behaviors, now does it?
Getting the court to enact any punishment will set legal precedent, which can stop actual bad behaviors and let other employees who are in the same situation in other companies sue and have an easier time winning based on this precedent. You can think of the monetary relief as the means to seek damages from the company, and the precedent as what will really end up punishing the company.

GamezRanker: Even with a bad job market, if I was getting harassed to a severe level, i'd quit.....and i'd expect any smart/rational person would want to do the same.

Again, if one was being harassed to a high degree, i'd assume their physical/mental well being would come before such things.
No? Sometimes you don't even have the luxury of just quitting. If you got people to feed, how are you gonna get food on the table? Most importantly, if you already worked several years, do you want to quit now, have your name struck off the credits, and have less of a chance to get a new job? Or would you grit your teeth, and find other ways to alleviate your problem? You're abused in the short-term and even long-term, but quitting early will just add even more long-term problems.

It's not rocket science.

GamezRanker: True, but frivolous lawsuits and false legal claims still get made by others all the time....and often as quick cash grabs.
Either these frivolous lawsuits have a reason to be thrown out from the get-go (people who sue God for example), or the ones making these lawsuits aren't claiming sexual abuse from employers: they'd claim something like "this company infringed my patents" (patent trolls). I fail to see how claims of sexual abuse would be used in a get rich quick off the back of the law scheme without either backfiring spectacularly or requiring someone of immense cunning and intelligence (and those people don't work for Activision Blizzard).
Post edited July 27, 2021 by PookaMustard
low rated
Nevermind. This argument is pointless anyway.
Post edited July 27, 2021 by LootHunter
low rated
LootHunter: Nevermind. This argument is pointless anyway.
yep
yep we've already won

they left and just use alts to dvote and troll

btw did anybody read the document ?
just a little part:

" Unlike its customer-base of increasingly diverse players, Defendants’ workforce is 8|| only about 20 percent women. Its top leadership is also exclusively male and white. The CEO and 9|| President roles are now—and have always been— held by white men?"

sounds like activisions attacking Activision hehe :P
and this is no more than a power play from some to get into better positions at the company
low rated
nvm, waste of time
Post edited July 27, 2021 by Breja
low rated
GOG gets boycotted, and Blizzard is getting lawsuitted and stirked.

Anything else life wants to fuck over things that I like?
low rated
LiquidOxygen80: ....every single one of these instances get tried in the court of public opinion first and foremost, every damn time.
GamezRanker: It's more likely most of these instances rather than all, but yeah....and usually(due to how jaded/etc society has become in general) it's more often a negative assumption that people hold, rather than a positive one.

Like in this instance, many(generally speaking) dislike ActiBlizz(I do, as well, for various reasons....but I try to remain rational/logical/etc), and since they dislike ActiBlizz they assume whatever bad things they hear about ActiBlizz must be true.
The best outcome is that the sex offenders and scummy CEOs get jail time and the people making up allegations jumping on the bandwagon also get exposed and punished.
Crevurre: We don't know if it's anti-gamergate people behind this. It could be that Blizzard is seen as a company that hasn't come under the influence of the new yorkers and others like ...them.
Crosmando: Dude, Blizz are a company in Irvine California.
They haven't had the best attitude towards their players. The always managed to have someone at their events like that too. For example whil wheaton at Blizzcon.
Post edited July 27, 2021 by JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ
low rated
JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: They haven't had the best attitude towards their players. The always managed to have someone at their events like that too. For example whil wheaton at Blizzcon.
Remember Blizzcon 2010, where some lass asked about the armor choices? Yeah, that wasn't a great attitude. (4:27 if timestamp breaks.)

It can't be said to have aged badly when it was never good to begin with.
Post edited July 27, 2021 by Darvond
low rated
Wow, OK, so this looks like a really good thread to get dislikes regardless of opinion expressed.

It's probably because everyone is thinking like this is somehow left vs right or men vs women sort of thing. Well, this is not.

Even calling it a fratboy culture is pathetic. Have any of you read those documents ? They describe outright rape culture. That's nothing to do with white men. It's not like they are simply discriminating women and simps, they are discriminating against EVERYONE who is not into their rape culture. It's just that no one cares when competent men don't get promoted or get fired for no good reason. Right. There are no one to fight for them. And no one cares. Even they themselves don't care because competent men aren't crybabies. They move on and get a new job in meritocratic company who do value their expertise. Confident men don't commit suicide if they meet people who dislikes them or spread unfounded rumours. And losers who do commit suicide - again - there's no feminism to cry for them. No one cares. And no one should care because there are already too many people around to poison and pollute this planet. If they choose to make room and end their carbon footprint then who can argue with that? Someone might think that it's cruel to think like that but maybe they were waste of space. At least in their own opinion.

Anyway. What I read about what was going on - it's absolutely clear that those guys were mayor cunts. And anyone, even the male employees who were trying to foster proper and cosy work environment, were fired by those very cunts. What makes me wonder is what were those Californian officials thinking? What took them fricking two years to put this together. Talking about incompetence. This is so fucking awful. And everyone is coming out now. Where were they before when all this was going on? Two years to react to a fricking suicide? Holy fuck.

And of course. Some people try to frame this like some fricking minority or womens issue. NO! There is no need for equity officers or dumb fucks like that. Just little common sense would do just right. While all you simps, sjw's and feminazis argue with mra's and rape appologists, the politicians will laugh at you and grant themselves even more power. Because this isn't men vs women issue. This is powerful vs powerless issue. Even if women would have more power, as more senior positions, but we wouldn't address the real issue, then we wouldn't solve anything. Women harassing or raping men isn't any better than the other way around. Or blacks murdering whites like it's in South Africa right now - how is that better. Racism, sexism or any kind of injustice and discrimination is bad no matter the form.

What makes me sad is how future of gaming is once again threatened to be hijacked by both extremes. Sensible people, like for example Troy Levitt, get shouted down from both sides. And of course other sensible people don't care because it's not their problem. There's no "extreme centrism" - but there should be because if moderates and centrists don't wake up soon, we are all going to be killed in civil wars. The rise of propaganda games coming up should make everyone bit worrisome, even the "side" they are coming from. This is not a side issue, this is basic human decency issue. This is the future of gaming issue.

If this gets hijacked by equity or gender officers and quotas then that's as bad as the current situation already in Activision-Blizzard right now. You don't want to be ruled by rapists or rape apologists regardless if they call themself feminist or mra.
low rated
Update: The shareholders are not pleased.
https://www.marketwatch.com/press-release/shareholder-alert-scottscott-attorneys-at-law-llp-investigates-activision-blizzard-incs-directors-and-officers-for-breach-of-fiduciary-duties---atvi-2021-07-26?siteid=bigcharts&dist=bigcharts&tesla=y

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210727005923/en/

TL;DR: It, while not absolutely confirmed would appear that there was a non-zero chance that Activision-Blizzard failed to inform shareholders of the incoming lawsuit.

Well, the hole only goes deeper.
low rated
LiquidOxygen80: Stop it.
PookaMustard: you're not entitled to "evidence" of harrassment, only law enforcement and the legal system is.

if you don't like it, don't reply. that's how you idiots who unironically have words like "sjw" and "cancel culture" in your dictionaries think, right?
Right, because throwing ad hominems, being disingenuous and now combative is how "you idiots" address people you don't agree with, so you throw labels around and throw up a narrative of words and implications I didn't even make, so you don't have to actually engage. Keep building those strawmen. You know damn well people do dumber things for clout, and it's considered a come up, and it doesn't matter what part of the political spectrum you fall on. If you don't like that, don't reply. Matter of fact, please don't. Now that I know what kind of low class, low skilled irrelevant hack you are, I'm pretty safe dismissing any further points you have to make.

LiquidOxygen80: ....every single one of these instances get tried in the court of public opinion first and foremost, every damn time.
GamezRanker: It's more likely most of these instances rather than all, but yeah....and usually(due to how jaded/etc society has become in general) it's more often a negative assumption that people hold, rather than a positive one.

Like in this instance, many(generally speaking) dislike ActiBlizz(I do, as well, for various reasons....but I try to remain rational/logical/etc), and since they dislike ActiBlizz they assume whatever bad things they hear about ActiBlizz must be true.
I dislike ActiBlizz. Intensely. I also absolutely believe they're completely capable of being a bunch of predatory assholes. That said, I also refuse to throw out the basis of our legal system before evidence can be presented. That said, I have no problem if it's true and they get punished for it. It's always the loudest "ally" in the room that ends up being the most likely with skeletons in their closets.
Post edited July 29, 2021 by LiquidOxygen80
low rated
Two words:

Cosby Suite.
low rated
Darvond: Two words:

Cosby Suite.
Well, it's possible that a completely guilty man can still receive an unfair trial. Seems like the prosecution screwed up.
low rated
Darvond: Two words:

Cosby Suite.
I wonder if it came with barbecue sauce.
low rated
New Update: Activision hires Union Busting pack of jackals, presumably to try and lay down their workers after the walkout.