It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

low rated
I've found out that some blizzard staff were butthurt over the streamer ass mongo because he was moving into the final fantasy MMO and were whipping up toxic people to try and get him falsely banned in that game.

Blizzard Just LOST IT! Lead Manager Insults Asmongold & Promotes Harassers in FFXIV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKDV6zIoNw
low rated
for an overview and some relevance-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXCC_gnE4wQ

(this case specifically starts at 01:55)
low rated
GamezRanker: Just wanted to point out: I notice that you and others keep saying this re this case......as if it means anything.....and as if the state of California(and other states) can't(and don't) ever put on "circus events" in the guise of trials.

But that's exactly what this is....except in this case the state is handling the case.

Decent good people have gotten accused of this sort of stuff all the time on social media and in court over the last few decades....where have you been?
TomNuke: Stop it. Are you actually that dumb? This is a multi-year investigation by the State of California. The fact that it's even gotten to the point it is at right now means that it's far beyond a he said she said.

There's for sure been thousands of hours put into this investigation, and countless interviews, statements, and testimony taken from persons of interest. You're an absolute clown if you seriously think we'd be where we are right now over a simple he said she said.

And no, good and decent people don't put themselves in situations in a work / business environment that could potentially open them up to accusations like these.
And after all that their best example for victimhood is someone their complaint is against. Common, man, and they're even asking for a jury trial since, which is something you don't do as a plaintiff unless you're trying to manipulate people in your favor. The reason a defendant does it is he can try to manipulate people in his/her favor, and if that doesn't work, the judge can try to keep the sentence lower.

Breja: Yeah, obviously if someone was innocent, they would never be accused of anything. The whole "presumption of innocence" thing is stupid. Such a waste of time. Once the government accuses you of something you should just be found guilty automatically and sent to the gulag.
TomNuke: There is no presumption of innocence. You're always considered guilty until proven otherwise. That's why if you're accused of commiting certain crimes, you're gonna be locked up until you can prove otherwise. Evidence was already brought forward pointing towards guilt, and why there's a case to begin wiht. If there wasn't any you wouldn't be in the situation, and that's exactly what's going on here with Blizzard.

You never have to be worried about being accused of something if you don't put yourself in the situation. Like, I'm not at all worried about being accused of harassement, rape, or whatever else at my job, because I'm not an idiot and getting involved with co-workers or doing anything that could be misconstrued.

Like, I'm not worried about getting shot by police because I'm not an idiot, and I don't put myself in situations where I have encounters with the police, or involve myself with people who are going to find themselves dealing with the police. And I did, I would certainly understand that if they tell me to do something I better damn well do it.

It's really not hard at all to avoid all those things. It should be very simple actually if you're just not a moron and treat people with respect even when things aren't going right in your mind. Always shocking to me how so many people just are complete failures at the things that should come the easiest.
I'm going to do you a favor, and give you advice: Don't tell people that they shouldn't question authority like this (you're free to, but it's very unwise). This is one of the fundational values of western civilization, so when you represent the US like this, very few people are going to take you seriously. Most people learn about the Salem witch trials, Galileo, and a few others. I mean, we only had Mike Pence attacked for refusing to be alone with women other than his wife, so we know your strategy doesn't work for the rape claim. And fear not, you will never see a police alcohol checkpoint in your life.

But, hey, this is like a bad parody of a boomer.

LiquidOxygen80: The only thing I have to add to this is, while I hate Activision and have stopped enjoying Blizzard products for over a decade, they knee jerked with the Quinton Flynn situation and they ended up being wrong when he was proven innocent.
Before that, it was Swifty, which is a complete quagmire of a clusterfunk that just goes to show that incestuous practices in a metaphorical sense, in regards to your work relationships and the blurred lines thereof, is a bad idea. Period.

That said, considering that Chris Avellone, ProJared and a few other situations that ended up being untrue, common sense would dictate a wait and see approach until more physical evidence/receipts are dropped, and the actual trial starts.

Would it surprise me if true? Not at all. Those virtue signaling the hardest and claiming to be "allies" etc, often end up being the biggest abusers behind the scenes.

As for it being the state of California, that has no bearing on anything. California as a legal entity is laughable.
The best part is they're going for a jury trial, which means they dont' even trust the judge to side with them.

borisburke: Why would someone go through a thread and systematically low-vote every post? Very strange.
rtcvb32: Wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes it would be specific users regardless which thread they were in. But obviously bots are involved. I'd bet the GoG staff could actually nip some of it in the butt by looking at who rated posts that have no right being low rated, and using that information, probably with accounts with no bought games...
There's an even easier way, actually, that's more reliable than using some subjective opinion on what is and isn't OK to low rate. Although some cases are obvious, there's actually an objective algorithm to apply here. I just won't state it incase GOG were to ever sincerely try to clear it up. The algorithm is easily defeated to give false negatives (but not false positives) and can be utilized for an automatic account deletion procedure to get rid of all the bot accounts likely cluttering up their servers.

LootHunter: I'm not sure if there is an actual anthem of Cardassian Union in the show, but there was an episode about literal "guilty unless proven otherwise". Not that the trial did actually tried to prove innocence...

[url=https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Tribunal_(episode)]Tribunal_(episode)[/url]
LootHunter:
You realize that was a parody on communism, right? Star Trek, despite it's lefty convictions, is not communist. People just like to cling to a plot line that Leonard Nimoy wrote in the 4th movie ('cause it is a fan-favorite movie), but it's non-canon (at least, as we interpreted it: i think they meant "phyiscal cash" not "money") as demonstrated by characters prior to this (the original series) remark and after this (TNG) remark (irl time) demonstrating property rights. I belive the affiliations were "humanist." While not christians, they have had very pro-Christian episodes. Mind you, i don't know what happened with this new timeline, as i don't like canon shifts like this. They tend to be very pro-freedom and anti-authoritarianism.

JÖCKÖ HÖMÖ: I've found out that some blizzard staff were butthurt over the streamer ass mongo because he was moving into the final fantasy MMO and were whipping up toxic people to try and get him falsely banned in that game.

Blizzard Just LOST IT! Lead Manager Insults Asmongold & Promotes Harassers in FFXIV
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKDV6zIoNw
This is funny, given this lolsuit.
low rated
We don't know if it's anti-gamergate people behind this. It could be that Blizzard is seen as a company that hasn't come under the influence of the new yorkers and others like ...them.
low rated
Crevurre: We don't know if it's anti-gamergate people behind this. It could be that Blizzard is seen as a company that hasn't come under the influence of the new yorkers and others like ...them.
anti-gamergate people? what are those?
low rated
Crevurre: We don't know if it's anti-gamergate people behind this. It could be that Blizzard is seen as a company that hasn't come under the influence of the new yorkers and others like ...them.
Dude, Blizz are a company in Irvine California.
low rated
Eh just another day at the forums. Or to summarize:

Breathers saying the solution to horrible workplace conditions being "just leave and don't take any action about it, we don't want to hear your drama of which you have NO EVIDENCE which by the way, we don't know what the form of that evidence is, you just have to PRODUCE IT FOR OUR FAT ASSES OK? And even if you did, we'll say you fabricate it, you're never gonna win with us, why are you even trying you fucking loser? GO BACK TO WORK FOR ACITIVISION BLIZZARD AND BLESS CAPITALISM, ESPECIALLY LATE STAGE."

p.s. you're not entitled to "evidence" of harrassment, only law enforcement and the legal system is.

(Also that was quite quick getting me low-rated, just 7 minutes from posting to the red lowercase "low rated" text, our bots are quite dedicated)
Post edited July 26, 2021 by PookaMustard
low rated
PookaMustard: p.s. you're not entitled to "evidence" of harrassment, only law enforcement and the legal system is.
That's a good point, but that doesn't mean people won't/shouldn't be skeptical of any such claims(from this case and other things in general).....as we have to remember that we're all humans, and humans have the ability to lie. Now that isn't to say that the claims are necessarily lies, but there is a chance some/all of them could be, and as such they should be taken with a grain of salt until proven to be true.

(also I really dislike[understatement] many AAA game company's practices to a good degree....I just don't believe every single thing people say about them or anything else without solid proof)
Post edited July 26, 2021 by GamezRanker
low rated
GamezRanker: That's a good point, but that doesn't mean people won't/shouldn't be skeptical of any such claims(from this case and other things in general).....as we have to remember that we're all humans, and humans have the ability to lie.
But it gets even better here. It's not just a random claim on the internet, it's a two-year investigation by a full-fledged State of the United States of America. Likely also an endeavor that was made possible thanks to all the people who spoke up about the frat boy culture these companies are unwilling to address.

If there's anyone I'm going to be highly skeptical of they're not the ones who claim the employers harassed them sexually, it's the employers who have to be taken with the grain of salt. They're the ones with the power and have all the things to lose if they don't hide the skeletons in the closets well.
low rated
OK, here's another opinion on this whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyJKAkbrBw
low rated
Preface: If the claims are true, I hope the legal system punishes those involved to the full extent possible under the law.
=================================

PookaMustard: It's not just a random claim on the internet, it's a two-year investigation by a full-fledged State of the United States of America.
State investigations don't necessarily mean anything....states do sometimes trials from time to time for their own ends.
(in this case, since the suit is for monetary compensation, i'm guessing they might want a cut of said compensation)

PookaMustard: Likely also an endeavor that was made possible thanks to all the people who spoke up about the frat boy culture these companies are unwilling to address.
Ask yourself this: if the situation is so bad, why are they still working for the company, and why are they only seeking monetary relief(and not, say, jail time for the ones being accused)?

PookaMustard: If there's anyone I'm going to be highly skeptical of they're not the ones who claim the employers harassed them sexually, it's the employers who have to be taken with the grain of salt.
So are you saying you think it's unlikely that poorer employees (generally speaking) wouldn't lie to get a quick pay day in court?

A number of humans are often greedy, and often lie....that is why in such cases both side's claims should be looked into and weighed evenly.....i.e. one shouldn't automatically assume innocence on the part of any claimants or guilt on the part of those who have been accused(and vice versa).

-

Anyways, i'd love to see some of these gaming companies get knocked down a few pegs in court, but i'd prefer it to be for things like their anti-consumer practices(with the possible result that we might see some change in the company/industry), and less of these lawsuits that seem to be mostly made to funnel cash into other people's(and govt's) pockets while likely doing little else.

======

ConanTheBald: OK, here's another opinion on this whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOyJKAkbrBw
Thanks for the link, i'll give it a quick look see in a bit.
low rated
GamezRanker: states do what are called "show trials" all the time for their own ends.
Let's say the states don't really have the best of anyone's interests at heart and they're doing this for show and clout. They'd still choose a case that they know would hold water, and not just any case off the street. In this case, they spent the better part of two years on this case. Do you think they'll stay that long on a case that won't hold any ground if they're in it for the show?

GamezRanker: Ask yourself this: if the situation is so bad, why are they still working for the company, and why are they only seeking monetary relief(and not, say, jail time for the ones being accused)?
For why anyone would still work for the company, number one reason is the job market isn't forgiving and hasn't opened a place for them. Another reason is if they don't keep working for the company, there's nothing easier for them to do than to yeet your name off the credits of whatever project you were working on. You'd effectively throw the few years you worked for the company down the toilet if you don't stick around by the completion of the project, ultimately weaken your portfolio, and...you guessed it, have a harder time with the job market.

See how that works?

For why monetary relief only: asking for jail times means listing names of the abusers, the court won't accept something as vague as "Blizzard employers should receive 5 months of jail time," they'll be like "name these employers." I don't imagine seeing an abuser's name listed on the case would go down...too well. They'd double down on the abuse! I'm sure there's other reasons, but that's what I think is numero uno.

GamezRanker: So are you saying you think it's highly unlikely that poor(relatively speaking) employees wouldn't lie to get a quick pay day in court?
Yes. Let's think about it. You lie about your employer being a piece of shit, the court investigates the case, and by incredible odds, the employer is guilty. You walk home with money, but a few months or years later, the employer is actually found innocent, and YOU'RE the guilty one now.

Do you think this is a gamble any cunning poor employee who wants to get rich quick would undertake? Plenty of other (and legal!) crap you can do to get rich quick without gaming the legal system.
low rated
PookaMustard: Let's say the states don't really have the best of anyone's interests at heart and they're doing this for show and clout. They'd still choose a case that they know would hold water, and not just any case off the street.
Well they're asking for(or have gotten...don't know which it currently is atm) a jury trial....that means they just need to win over the people on said jury....which shouldn't be too hard, given how many(including myself) feel about companies like Blizzard atm.

PookaMustard: In this case, they spent the better part of two years on this case. Do you think they'll stay that long on a case that won't hold any ground if they're in it for the show?
Well it's also(as I said in my edits) likely for the money....and probably a lot of money.....some of which would likely go into the state's coffers, I am guessing.

PookaMustard: For why monetary relief only: asking for jail times means listing names of the abusers, the court won't accept something as vague as "Blizzard employers should receive 5 months of jail time," they'll be like "name these employers." I don't imagine seeing an abuser's name listed on the case would go down...too well. They'd double down on the abuse! I'm sure there's other reasons, but that's what I think is numero uno.
But monetary relief alone doesn't stop any actual bad behaviors, now does it?

PookaMustard: For why anyone would still work for the company, number one reason is the job market isn't forgiving and hasn't opened a place for them.
Even with a bad job market, if I was getting harassed to a severe level, i'd quit.....and i'd expect any smart/rational person would want to do the same.

PookaMustard: Another reason is if they don't keep working for the company, there's nothing easier for them to do than to yeet your name off the credits of whatever project you were working on.
Again, if one was being harassed to a high degree, i'd assume their physical/mental well being would come before such things.

PookaMustard: Do you think this is a gamble any cunning poor employee who wants to get rich quick would undertake?
Yes(read more in the next bit below).

PookaMustard: Plenty of other (and legal!) crap you can do to get rich quick without gaming the legal system.
True, but frivolous lawsuits and false legal claims still get made by others all the time....and often as quick cash grabs.

Anyways, as I said: if the ones accused did what has been claimed then i'll be happy if Acti-Blizz gets knocked down a peg in court. Until then, i'm gonna wait and see how this plays out.
low rated
PookaMustard: p.s. you're not entitled to "evidence" of harrassment, only law enforcement and the legal system is.
Eh, nobody's getting out of this thread alive. While this is true, if this was only going on in the actual court system, but you know damn well that every single one of these instances get tried in the court of public opinion first and foremost, every damn time. It's incredibly disingenuous to insinuate otherwise, or incredibly naive, whichever the case may be.

In fact, most of these things happen side by side with any actual court proceedings. So while it is true that evidence for the legal proceedings isn't owed to any Joe Blow asking for it, that kind of intellectual dishonesty is exactly why borderline slander and libel gets swept under the rug every time someone does end up caught out lying for clout on social media, or charity bucks. Lazy people bandwagoning has created way too many cancel happy hatemobs for anyone to unironically make the claim that evidence isn't necessary to back up ANY accusation made, legally or personally.

Stop it.
low rated
LiquidOxygen80: ....every single one of these instances get tried in the court of public opinion first and foremost, every damn time.
It's more likely most of these instances rather than all, but yeah....and usually(due to how jaded/etc society has become in general) it's more often a negative assumption that people hold, rather than a positive one.

Like in this instance, many(generally speaking) dislike ActiBlizz(I do, as well, for various reasons....but I try to remain rational/logical/etc), and since they dislike ActiBlizz they assume whatever bad things they hear about ActiBlizz must be true.