It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A game that I would definitley purchase would be the DUNE series as in Dune (1992) , Dune 2, and Dune 2000 those games I have 1,000s of hours playing as a kid.
amazing, continue to keep on.
Hi. A question. Do you go to add the game Polaris Sector?
Hi.

I requested this along time ago, and is still sad to see that the series,

"The Lost Mind of Dr.Brain" is still not available here on gog.com

I have fond memories of that game, and hope to see it here soon, as it's a classic game that fits well on gog.

Thanks for reading this post and hopefully it will happen in future.
AnotherGamer: Hi.

I requested this along time ago, and is still sad to see that the series,

"The Lost Mind of Dr.Brain" is still not available here on gog.com

I have fond memories of that game, and hope to see it here soon, as it's a classic game that fits well on gog.

Thanks for reading this post and hopefully it will happen in future.
Definitely, awesome game and would get it for sure if it came to GOG.
high rated
2017 is ending. Time for the biannual update.

In 2017 GOG released 260 game titles (not including DLCs and games still In Development). First releases were Pizza Tycoon 1 and 2 on January 5th, and last release was Titanic: An Adventure Out of Time on December 28th. Out of the 260 titles, 117 (45%) were day 1 releases, and a couple more that missed the day 1 by a few days. For full date, check the spreadsheet.
We also had 48 (18%) pre-2K games released, while the total number of games ten years old or more is 75 (29%), with 2 games missing the 10 years requirement, even though they were released in 2007 (Sudden Strike 3 and Oblivion).

Compared with 2016, GOG released 12 pre-2K more (48 to 36), 17 10+ years old more (75 to 58), and the same number of day 1 releases (117 to 117) and 28 fewer games (260 to 288). As for InDev, GOG had 11 new InDev games, while 9 of InDev got released.

And a quick sum of the GOG years so far

2008 had 65 releases, 29 (45%) of which were pre-2K ones.
2009 had 114 releases, 47 (41%) of which were pre-2K ones.
2010 had 79 releases, 35 (44%) of which were pre-2K ones, and 36 (46%) being 10+ years old.(Baldur's Gare 2: Complete being 10+ years old, but not pre-2K)
2011 had 85 releases, 48 (56%) of which were pre-2K ones, 57 (67%) being 10+ years old, and 1 (1%) day one release (The Witcher 2 - Assassins of Kings)
2012 had 160 releases, 48 (30%) of which were pre-2K ones, 64 (40%) being 10+ years old, and 24 (15%) being day one releases.
2013 had 183 releases, 45 (25%) of which were pre-2K ones, 59 (32%) being 10+ years old, and 52 (28%) being day one releases.
2014 had 203 releases, 32 (16%) of which were pre-2K ones, 41 (20%) being 10+ years old, and 72 (35%) being day one releases.
2015 had 308 releases, 64 (21%) of which were pre-2K ones, 94 (31%) being 10+ years old, and 94 (31%) being day one releases.
2016 had 288 releases, 36 (13%) of which were pre-2K ones, 58 (20%) being 10+ years old, and 117 (41%) being day one releases, as well as 30 InDev games.
2017 had 260 releases, 48 (18%) of which were pre-2K ones, 75 (29%) being 10+ years old, and 117 (45%) being day one releases, as well as 11 InDev games.

Total (so far) of 1746 releases, 432 (25%) of which were pre-2K ones, 549 (29%) being 10+ years old on release, and 478 (27%) being day one releases.

Release dates have been taken from GOG pages, data is compiled here.

Next update to the list, end of June. Off to festivities.

P.S. Considering the headache I've had the last few days, I fully expect my data to have errors. Feel free to report them, I may fix them.
P.P.S. I will continue updating the spreadsheet during 2018, but not sure if I'll keep doing it after that. It does take quite a bit of time, and there do seem to be a couple of sites that can get such data automatically. Let's see if anyone else steps up.
Post edited December 31, 2017 by JMich
Looking at those numbers, I do wonder which data gog based their grandiose "we released one quarter of our entire catalogue in 2017"-statement on. Any ideas?
fronzelneekburm: Any ideas?
DLCs, Soundtracks, Expansions, Demos, Upgraded versions. My spreadsheet counts 1746 releases (including removed games) while the store lists 2237 items, so there are at least 491 items my spreadsheet doesn't count. You could also check MaGoG and/or gogdb to see if the numbers make better sense.
JMich:
why aren't you updating the OP? the OP should have all of this new information but it only goes up to 2013
Layarion: why aren't you updating the OP? the OP should have all of this new information but it only goes up to 2013
Because I didn't think about reserving a post for the December 2013 stats, and I don't want to remove that post. Thus the very first sentence links to the latest update.
Layarion: why aren't you updating the OP? the OP should have all of this new information but it only goes up to 2013
JMich: Because I didn't think about reserving a post for the December 2013 stats, and I don't want to remove that post. Thus the very first sentence links to the latest update.
But noticing and clicking a link is haaarrrd.
JMich: Because I didn't think about reserving a post for the December 2013 stats, and I don't want to remove that post. Thus the very first sentence links to the latest update.
HunchBluntley: But noticing and clicking a link is haaarrrd.
That? that looks so much like a title it was completely invisible to me.

perhaps you should just remove all the original content and just have that link in there if you're trying to keep a journal. the OP is best used to get current information in first.

of course, most people don't care about keeping things simple so people like HunchBluntley can't imagine what words like ease of use, readability, and other things like that mean.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by Layarion
HunchBluntley: But noticing and clicking a link is haaarrrd.
Layarion: That? that looks so much like a title it was completely invisible to me.
Dotted underlines in the GOG forums are always hyperlinks (though they don't necessarily need to link to anything; Solid underlines never are.
Post edited January 12, 2018 by HunchBluntley
Will Ittle Dew 2 and Card City Nights 2 be finally released on GOG?
Post edited January 14, 2018 by ChrisGriffin
expnayon: I feel bad for them but it’s true. Our children are simply bombarded with tons of new online stuff. I’m not against online games. At least, they have some role in engaging our kids. But most of these online games are designed to entertain and so after a while, some kids get bored. And if done in excess, some even become grouchy.
GOG needs to bring some of the old, highly requested & popular games such as the WARLORD series, CIV II GOLD, RED ALERT II, etc. These old games may have old graphics, but the GAMEPLAY and REPLAY value is far superior to most new games nowdays.