It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Matruchus: I doubt that even if paradox comes to gog a complete edition of CK2 will be possible since the complete edition on steam at the moment is priced at 144,99€ and I don't see it getting cheaper any soon.
Grargar: Spoiler: There is no complete edition currently. This €144.99 package doesn't include the newly-released Charlemagne DLC and from what I understand, Paradox isn't finished with Crusader Kings 2 yet.
Yeah I know. They usually update it after some time. Its only worth buying when its in a sale for about 30€. Otherweise its to expensive.
Grargar: A base game with a $/€39.99 cost and about 48 DLC packs. Some expansions, other portraits, other music and some unit packs.
DLC... I should have known. I still remember the days when they were called "expansion packs" and they weren't necessary for the game!
Matruchus: I doubt that even if paradox comes to gog a complete edition of CK2 will be possible since the complete edition on steam at the moment is priced at 144,99€ and I don't see it getting cheaper any soon.
CK2 ( or rather the approach followed by Paradox for CK2) is the game that made me turn my back to Paradox. For the Glory, EU Rome , HoI 2 are the games that would be well at home on GOG, even if I doubt whoever heads Paradox nowadays cares very much about anything else than Steam / multi DLC .
Grargar: A base game with a $/€39.99 cost and about 48 DLC packs. Some expansions, other portraits, other music and some unit packs.
IronArcturus: DLC... I should have known. I still remember the days when they were called "expansion packs" and they weren't necessary for the game!
Well, EU Rome without Vae Victis was barely playable. But yes, I see what you mean.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Phc7006
Daliz: They have way too much DLC in my opinion.. it's just annoying.

But complete editions would fit on GOG very well.
Well, they don't necessarily have to make an edition with ALL the DLC. Personally, I'd be quite happy with an edition that includes the base game + the 8 major DLCs (Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, The Republic etc.), leaving out all the various fluff DLCs (extra shields, portraits, music, the ruler designer etc.).
Phc7006: I doubt that even if paradox comes to gog a complete edition of CK2 will be possible since the complete edition on steam at the moment is priced at 144,99€ and I don't see it getting cheaper any soon.
As I said before - its not a problem to buy it when its discounted 75% - 80% like it happens on steam regulary. Eitherway this is one of the games I really wan't to see here.
Just for the fun of guessing, I'll say that this weeks Enigmatic Hint is for Airline Tycoon.

The ruler is pointing at the air (so it's an air-line) and the crown is the symbol for a tycoon.

Seems completely logical to me. ;)
Post edited October 17, 2014 by PaterAlf
Gandos: Well, they don't necessarily have to make an edition with ALL the DLC. Personally, I'd be quite happy with an edition that includes the base game + the 8 major DLCs (Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, The Republic etc.), leaving out all the various fluff DLCs (extra shields, portraits, music, the ruler designer etc.).
Unfortunately, that's not how Paradox rolls. You either get only the base edition, or the complete collection, or the full DLC upgrade, or each piece of DLC separately.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Grargar
PaterAlf: Just for the fun of guessing, I'll say that this weeks Enigmatic Hint is for Airline Tycoon.

The ruler is pointing at the air (so it's an air-line) and the crown is the symbol for a tycoon.

Seems completely logical to me. ;)
What about Railroad Tycoon 2 that was the king of the railroad tycoon games and really ruled the continents :)
Grargar: Unfortunately, that's not how Paradox rolls. You either get only the base edition or the complete collection, or the full DLC upgrade, or each piece of DLC separately.
I agree since they are one of my favorite companies and I follow them all the time.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: What about Railroad Tycoon 2 that was the king of the railroad tycoon games and really ruled the continents :)
Of course you are right. That's even more likely than my guess.
JudasIscariot: NEW ENIGMATIC HINT!!!
DUKE NUKEM FOREVER!!!
Gandos: Well, they don't necessarily have to make an edition with ALL the DLC. Personally, I'd be quite happy with an edition that includes the base game + the 8 major DLCs (Sword of Islam, Legacy of Rome, The Republic etc.), leaving out all the various fluff DLCs (extra shields, portraits, music, the ruler designer etc.).
Grargar: Unfortunately, that's not how Paradox rolls. You either get only the base edition, or the complete collection, or the full DLC upgrade, or each piece of DLC separately.
The weird thing is that Paradox used to LOVE making various editions/re-releases. Games like HoI III, Victoria II and others had all sorts of editions.

Anyway, since CKIi has been on sale so often on Steam and GG, it might be possible for GOG to convince them to do some sort of special edition. We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed.
145€? Even Matrix Games would not dare. :/
Phc7006: I doubt that even if paradox comes to gog a complete edition of CK2 will be possible since the complete edition on steam at the moment is priced at 144,99€ and I don't see it getting cheaper any soon.
Matruchus: As I said before - its not a problem to buy it when its discounted 75% - 80% like it happens on steam regulary. Eitherway this is one of the games I really wan't to see here.
The game by itself is fine. the price is ... well; what it is, but as you say, it's quite easy to get it of 20/25% of the RRP... but the neverending addition of DLCs is something I came to dislike. I certainly would be fine with 3 or 4 "expansions", but as it is... And then, really, I had the gamersgate version of CK2 , and being forced the hard way to migrate to the Steam version somehow made me put Paradox on my list of wrongdoers. Worse, through this, Paradox clearly showed they weren't interested into maintaining different versions of a given game. That's why I doubt they will ever come to GOG
Matruchus: As I said before - its not a problem to buy it when its discounted 75% - 80% like it happens on steam regulary. Eitherway this is one of the games I really wan't to see here.
Phc7006: The game by itself is fine. the price is ... well; what it is, but as you say, it's quite easy to get it of 20/25% of the RRP... but the neverending addition of DLCs is something I came to dislike. I certainly would be fine with 3 or 4 "expansions", but as it is... And then, really, I had the gamersgate version of CK2 , and being forced the hard way to migrate to the Steam version somehow made me put Paradox on my list of wrongdoers. Worse, through this, Paradox clearly showed they weren't interested into maintaining different versions of a given game. That's why I doubt they will ever come to GOG
Well I would be happy to get older paradox games like Hearts of Iron 2 Complete or maybe even HOI 3 complete which is not priced that high (42€), Darkest Hour, EU 3 complete, EU 2 + Asian dynasties, Victoria 1+2, Crusader Kings 1, EU Rome + addon, King Arthur 1+2, Majesty, March of the Eagles, Warlock 1, Sengoku and Cities in Motion 1 collection.

There is a lot of their games that don't have a big amount of dlcs. Maybe in a few years CK2 complete will have a normal price and then it can come here otherweise I think most people buy newer paradox games on sales which are quite often and they get the dlc prices down to earth.

A lot also hangs on gog galaxy platform in getting such publishers here since reading paradox forums it was always that they like the easiness which they can sell, update their games and follow what the customers wan't on steam.

Anyway hope dies last :)
Post edited October 18, 2014 by Matruchus
JudasIscariot: NEW ENIGMATIC HINT!!!
It's Supreme Ruler Ultimate

Publisher is BattleGoat Studios
Post edited October 19, 2014 by Silverhawk170485