It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tomimt: This is obviously just my personal opinion, but what I've played of old point and click games on a touch screen device by using ScummVM, I've noticed how much more natural they feel when you do the pointing and clicking with your finger instead of a mouse. Even when the games aren't really optimized for that, they feel like the way they were meant to be played is a touchscreen device whereas the mouse was just a crutch dictated by technological circumstances.

Old Lucas games in general work very nicely with a touchscreen. Even Sierra games where you need to get to icons by going to the upper half of the screen, I've noticed that the touchscreen feels more fluent.
I did play old point-and-click games on Android phone with ScummVM.
While they are reasonable playable, I still like mouse and keyboard more.
Maybe that is because the screen of phone is too small.
I guess play them on a tablet or Nintendo Switch (with big screen) will feel much better.
Mr.Mumbles: Just out of curiosity, are there a lot of games that actual make use of the touch functionality?
Frankly, I keep forgetting it has that feature because I hardly ever hear mention of it.
Well, to be honest, "Thimbleweed Park" is the only point and click I own on the Switch, so I'm may not exactly be the right person to ask that question in general. ;)
Touchscreen makes most sense with point'n'clicks, I'd say (well maybe some genres like strategy games, etc. can profit from touchscreen, too - but I couldn't say, because I don't own one).

All other games I own are action orientated, so I use the joy-cons and/or the pro controller to play these.

But what I can say for sure is: "Thimbleweed Park" works fine with the touchscreen controls.
And I have no reason to believe that other point'n'clicks won't work equally fine.

Edit: your question made me curious, so I did a quick search and found this article:

https://galaxyofgeek.com/2018/11/02/10-best-touchscreen-switch-games/
That guy's list of favourite touchscreen games consists of:

01.Darkest Dungeon
02.Mini Metro
03.This Is The Police
04.Oxenfree
05.Thimbleweed Park
06.Darkside detective
07.Fredric
08.Voez
09.FallOut Shelter
10.Pokémon Quest