It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Shadowstalker16: Yes, there has been collusion and yes, it has come from game journo pros.
Vainamoinen: The problem lies with people who have no idea whatsoever what journalism is or how it works making broadly negative assessments about journalistic practices. Here especially, the author of your linked articles doesn't even know what "blacklisting" is (he calls what happened "soft blacklisting", which isn’t exactly established terminology) and completely fails to show the existence of power structures established by monetary dependencies. It's the cardinal error of gamergate's investigation into corruption:

urknighterrant: The corruption that is doing the greatest harm to games is not nepotism or some kind of SJW agenda. It's money. And it's not being driven by bloggers and small studios. […] Corruption is not caused by calls for social justice and inclusiveness. Corruption is caused by MONEY, pure and simple. Yet GG consistently casts a blind eye to the abuses of the big money in favor of some other agenda.
Vainamoinen: The other linked case concerns Allistar Pinsof, who was fired from destructoid over doxing a trans person whom he alleged was making a fraudulent Kickstarter campaign (that had zip to do with gaming), then couldn’t let the topic die at all until finally he threatened to sue his employer and insulted him at length. Pinsof, surprise, got fired at his boss’ sole discretion and this has seriously, objectively, factually nothing to do with “collusion” or “blacklisting” (Pinsof later expressly declared that he wasn’t “blacklisted” to boot). I really don’t understand why you link to all that stuff. There’s no “proof” of anything in there. To continue your Alex Jones comparison, you’re pulling an infowars guy argument here, link to stuff you don’t even try to fully understand, calling it “proof” of something.

Shadowstalker16: What's so wrong in thinking there might be? I'm not seeing proof from the tweet that there is any collusion, so I won't say its collusive, but posting about having a bit of doubt is harassment now?
Vainamoinen: Likewise, you must see in what direction this tweet is going. The guy tweets it, it’s nothing but the mere allegation of collusion on the basis of a ridiculous amount of nothing at all, and tomorrow deepfreeze.it has a screenshot of it up on their site, which you and others will link to as “proof” of collusion in future. Say it ain't true.
Then do tell me what ''journalism'' is. If these power structures based on monetary dependencies dictate what should or shouldn't be published, then why do we call these people ''independent journalists'' in the first place? Can't we just call them members of ''XXX Journalistic Union''?

Its not ethical for a journalist to enter into any monetary relationships that limit their ability to say / not say something. Would you say that that is an incorrect statement? If yes, what if such structure was run by a government body? Still be ok?

What is the use of having free press if everyone is a member of such structure and are forced to report in the same way? Still think that's OK?

People in GJP did ask for the firing of Pinsoff. That is fact. As to what effect it had is a matter of opinion. Nothing wrong with people knowing about it. And he didn't dox the developer, his article turned about to be correct and it wasn't a campaign for a game and it does involve gaming because of that. Even then, its not like other journos don't report on non gaming stuff amiright (anyone remember watermelon butts or the recent edible cartridges or the nintendo action figure butt plugs?).

Its not true. Deepfreeze doesn't have such a retarded idea of proof as you think it does. On what basis can you even say that, other than your own suspicion of DF? :D
Vainamoinen: snip
Talk about people with no clue and getting things factually incorrect...

Who the heck are you to tell people how "they" have no idea about journalism and how it works?

Anyone can see that a bunch of journos posting on a list saying not to hire a guy is collusion and blacklisting. There are posts specifically asking other journos not to hire him. Sometimes I wonder what you are smoking when you say things like "objectively, factually nothing to do with collusion or blacklisting”. Because it's clear as day to any ordinary person...

Anyone can see that posting to a list and asking other journos to keep a story about impropriety about a fellow journalist off their forums and out of print is collusion. That they were trying to "cover-up" or "bury" a story which makes their industry look bad. And you try to justify it by some sort of "they have a right to control expression on their forum". So in other words, they have a right to spin a story however they wish?

And when most of these people are on the same mailing list and about a dozen articles come out in a two-day span calling the typical "old-school" gamers misogynist neckbeards living in their parents basements who don't know what a shower is and all telling developers to quit making games for them, instead make them for others...

And talk about factually incorrect...
Pinsof didn't "doxx" anybody, he just revealed that the Kickstarter campaign in question was not funding "life-saving medical surgery" but was intended for a sex-change operation. What he did was reveal the truth. I think if I'm funding a Kickstarter, I have a right to the actual truth. Cue all the people who are going to come in and make excuses for the lie, claiming that the operation is really "life-saving" through some twisted convoluted explanation involving transgender suicide rates. The fact is the stated Kickstarter was a lie, nothing else.

But here you go Vain, with more of your misinformation campaign. You talk down to people as if they are children with your grand ideas calling everyone else stupid when you are the one who clearly doesn't have his head on straight. We can comprehend what's going on better than you. We know what journalism is or isn't as much or better than you. Quit being so condescending...
GJP was opaque, functioned in secret and answered to nobody but the hivemind. Nothing good ever functions like that. Anyone who fell out of line faced consequences. This is not how journalism of any kind should work.

Just talking about GJP or anything related (GG and topics anti-gg disapprove of) is censored on many forums.

If it was legit then why would it be abandoned just from public knowledge of its existence? It's far from gone just because it was exposed. As we've seen and as many suspected it will just conjure up again somewhere else after having learned how to be better at hiding. And people have been suspecting something like GJP for the longest time but it was all ignored as paranoid conspiracy theories. Now that it's a fact and shows strong evidence of cronyism and narrative spinning, all people can do is say, "It wasn't that bad?". This is one of the main reasons why gamergate even exists and the GJP members did their hardest to vilify the cause. Sadly with a lot of success as it's hard to discuss this anywhere without needing to seek out the rare uncensored discussion boards.

Vainamoinen: (he calls what happened "soft blacklisting", which isn’t exactly established terminology) and completely fails to show the existence of power structures established by monetary dependencies. It's the cardinal error of gamergate's investigation into corruption
It doesn't matter what form of blacklisting you want to call it. The result is the same is that someone is worse off (losing their job for example) not playing ball. It's also not always a monetary binding and GG supporters by in large don't care what kind of connection there is as long as it leads to significant bias, narrative spinning and agenda pushing in the industry.

But since DF was brought up in this discussion http://thegg.net/interviews/bonegolem-interview-gamergate-games-journalism-and-the-crash-override-network-leaks/ is a relevant interview. GJP is only mentioned once, though.

EDIT:

New conflict of interest on none other than Kotaku http://www.oneangrygamer.net/2017/03/kotakus-chris-priestman-caught-in-financial-conflict-of-interest/25709/
Post edited March 10, 2017 by XyleDaylight
low rated
I didn't know about hhis. I guess the US Americans here know that nothing changed since about the industry.
Post edited December 19, 2021 by Crevurre
OWN UP!

Which one of you put 50p in the dickhead?
Post edited December 19, 2021 by Sachys
This thread should be closed .
DD & Ji Ji: This thread should be closed .
why?
this is still relevant today sadly
nearly none of the gaming info sites are trustful , they push agendas mostly anti gamers stuff
Post edited December 19, 2021 by Orkhepaj
Sachys: OWN UP!

Which one of you put 50p in the dickhead?
Who are you talkig about?
In retrospect, GG was very cringey.
gonna get locked for necromancy and politics, I assume
tfishell: gonna get locked for necromancy and politics, I assume
There's a mod on this page who didn't lock it. Why should old threads be locked?
Post edited December 19, 2021 by Crevurre
tfishell: gonna get locked for necromancy and politics, I assume
Crevurre: There's a mod on this page who didn't lock it. Why should old threads be locked?
Because jerks and trolls tend to reopen them at inappropriate moments.
Crevurre: There's a mod on this page who didn't lock it. Why should old threads be locked?
Enebias: Because jerks and trolls tend to reopen them at inappropriate moments.
inappropriate moments? inappropriate to whom? you?
The information in this topic are long outdated. I don't see a reason to necro it. Besides that the new comments don't add anything valuable to the discussion. I'm closing the thread.