It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the epic saga that redefined fantasy RPGs.

He has been called many names. The White Wolf. The Butcher of Blaviken. The ultimate Gwent addict. The slicer of prices. His adventures have reshaped the land around him and the gaming landscape along with it. Featuring an intoxicating mix of intense combat, engaging quests, branching storylines, and unforgettable characters, the Witcher series make for an unmissable experience. And an unmissable <span class="bold">Witcher Series Sale</span>, where all entries in the Witcher universe are up to 85% off, DRM and mutations-free!

Geralt raises his glass and invites everyone to discover the spectacular adventures we've had in his company. So take a sip of Toussaint's finest and prepare to immerse yourself in the intricate, amoral world of the white-haired wanderer from Rivia, taking advantage of these tasty discounts:

--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition -40%
--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Expansion Pass -40%
--Blood and Wine expansion -40%
--Hearts of Stone expansion -40%
--The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings -85%
--The Witcher: Enhanced Edition -85%
--The Witcher Adventure Game -75%

<span class="bold">The Witcher Series Sale</span> will last until February 1st, 22:59 PM UTC. Happy hunting!
Ixamyakxim: I've actually been meaning to ask this. So if you buy the GOTY, you DON'T have to download each of the small DLC pieces that were released a few at a time, shortly after the release of the base game? It's all included in the GOTY installers?

If you're talking about RIGHT NOW, absolutely don't buy the regular version. The GOTY is on sale at this moment for $30 USD; the regular isn't and it's $40 ;)
Yes, that is the only difference between the GOTY and non-GOTY verions of the game. They have 100% identical content for the game, DLC, expansions and extras. The GOTY comes with a single installer, whereas the standalone game comes with an installer, a DLC installer, and each of the expansions have their own individual installers. The GOTY release is just less effort to download/install/update manually so is generally preferred by people who use the standalone installers if possible.

For someone installing via Galaxy, it really makes no difference however. Just a difference in the files available to download for backups, nothing else.
skeletonbow: For someone installing via Galaxy, it really makes no difference however. Just a difference in the files available to download for backups, nothing else.
Do GOG still offer GOTY for free for those who bought all other version separately?
skeletonbow: For someone installing via Galaxy, it really makes no difference however. Just a difference in the files available to download for backups, nothing else.
shmerl: Do GOG still offer GOTY for free for those who bought all other version separately?
I think everyone in that situation received the GOTY by now.
shmerl: Do GOG still offer GOTY for free for those who bought all other version separately?
blotunga: I think everyone in that situation received the GOTY by now.
I'm not in that situation (I only have the base game, which someone gave me a key for, to test in Wine). So I'm trying to figure out how it works. GOTY just appears if you get all other versions, or there is some special form to convert them to GOTY?
Post edited May 14, 2017 by shmerl
blotunga: I think everyone in that situation received the GOTY by now.
shmerl: I'm not in that situation (I only have the base game, which someone gave me a key for, to test in Wine). So I'm trying to figure out how it works. GOTY just appears if you get all other versions, or there is some special form to convert them to GOTY?
You need to buy the Expansion Pass or Hearts of Stone and Blood and Wine. After that I think your game will convert to GoTY. If not, I'm sure the support team will help you out.
shmerl: I'm not in that situation (I only have the base game, which someone gave me a key for, to test in Wine). So I'm trying to figure out how it works. GOTY just appears if you get all other versions, or there is some special form to convert them to GOTY?
You just have to own The Witcher 3, and both expansion packs, and you can get the GOTY for free. When they made it available, it just automatically appeared in people's game libraries within a day or so. Presumably if you own the game and buy the Expansion Pass or both expansions individually over time, whenever you own all 3 the GOTY will show up in your library.

If someone owns all 3 and doesn't have the GOTY in their library it is probably a GOG programming screwup or whatever (knock on wood), and contacting support will likely fix the problem though.

The GOTY doesn't add any content or change anything in the game, but provides for one single convenient installer to install the game, both expansions and the 16 free DLC in one shot which is pretty convenient so if someone owns all the bits, it is the easy way to go.

Also, the original individual game components remain in your library as well - so you have both the originals and the GOTY.
Post edited May 17, 2017 by skeletonbow