It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Starting today, all GOG GALAXY users can claim a FREE GOG copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, if they decide to stay in touch with us.

How? Download or update your GOG GALAXY application. Go to the "Recent" view and check the banner at the top. Click the giveaway button if you agree to receive news, updates, and GOG offers. After a while, the game will show up in your games library inside the application and in your GOG.COM collection.
https://www.gog.com/game/the_witcher

Background image says Director's Cut, and that's the only version at GOG and it says I own it.

This explains it all.

"The significant changes featured in the enhanced version are over 200 new animations, additional NPC models, and recoloring of generic NPC models as well as monsters, vastly expanded and corrected dialogues in translated versions, improved stability, redesigned inventory system and load times reduced by roughly 80%."

"CD Projekt released a Director's Cut version of the game in North America on 31 July 2009. It is equal to the Enhanced Edition available to the rest of the world, but without the censorship applied to the North American version. The company has since released an official uncensoring patch that makes the North American version the same as the international for those who have purchased a boxed version of the game.
I claimed the offer for this but it hasn't shown up in my games library yet. I didnt get an email about it either. So I am wondering what is going on.
Andrew_Hergert: I claimed the offer for this but it hasn't shown up in my games library yet. I didnt get an email about it either. So I am wondering what is going on.
Try a refresh.

https://www.gog.com/account/refresh
Andrew_Hergert: I claimed the offer for this but it hasn't shown up in my games library yet. I didnt get an email about it either. So I am wondering what is going on.
Same for me.
CoolGui: Same for me.
It is pretty instant if you do it right. The instructions I used were:
1) Download GOG Galaxy and login
2) Install GWENT Witcher Card Game (Just need to start downloading, I did not finish past 50% of the dl)
3) Navigate to the page to redeem the offer.
4) Add Witcher 1 to shopping cart. During checkout the price drops to 0.00.

I then uninstalled GOG Galaxy and deleted GWENT and got my free copy of witcher.
@schewy

That's the other way to get Witcher 1 for free but they should fix this though. Or stop sending offers since it seems like it doesn't work for many people anymore.
I followed the steps you indicated in the post, but i haven't got my copy of The Witcher yet. Is there anything you can do? Thank you for your attention.
https://www.gog.com/gwent-welcome-bonus

I think it requires launching the game at least once before you grab the welcome bonus.
Post edited January 28, 2021 by erbello
I just had to add it to my cart and voila! Thanks GOG and CDPR!
Oh my god. I did not know about this. I'm glad the promo was still running. Thanks GOG!
An excellent game, thanks to GOG on behalf of those who still did not own it.
Also... Make it available for GOG in GFN, please...
still works!
low rated
GOG GALAXY USERS
2020年12月4日

Starting today, all GOG GALAXY users can claim a FREE GOG copy of The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut, if they decide to stay in touch with us.
Man ... I am not able to make this work ... :(