It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Discover the epic saga that redefined fantasy RPGs.

He has been called many names. The White Wolf. The Butcher of Blaviken. The ultimate Gwent addict. The slasher of prices. His adventures have reshaped the land around him and the gaming landscape along with it. Featuring an intoxicating mix of intense combat, engaging quests, branching storylines, and unforgettable characters, the Witcher series make for an unmissable experience. And an unmissable <span class="bold">The Witcher Anniversary Sale</span>, where all entries in the Witcher universe are up to 85% off, DRM and mutations-free!

In celebration of these 9 glorious years since the release of The Witcher, Geralt raises his glass and invites everyone to discover the spectacular adventures we've had in his company. So take a sip of Toussaint's finest and prepare to immerse yourself in the intricate, amoral world of the white-haired wanderer from Rivia, taking advantage of these tasty discounts:

--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt -33%
--The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Game of the Year Edition -20%
--Blood and Wine expansion -15%
--Hearts of Stone expansion -15%
--The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings -85%
--The Witcher: Enhanced Edition -85%
--The Witcher Adventure Game -75%

<span class="bold">The Witcher Anniversary Sale</span> will last until Monday, October 24th, 4:59 PM UTC. Happy hunting!
By the way, anyone planning to buy the expansion pass for GOG, for now I would go through a well known charitable games store where you currently get 5% (£1 here in UK) refunded your wallet or humbly donated to charity! Slightly better deal than GOGs fair price region policy and 10-15% of the sale sent to a good cause.
Vojtas:
MarkoH01: Second: ... I only try to achieve here. I don't want them to fiddle with the normal version and therefore maybe breaking something because both games technically are different in this regard. The only thing I am trying to achive is that they simply do add the GOTY version additionally to the ones we already bought (in case that base and both expansions are to be found in the library).
I too believe your request is reasonable. I do not see why the early buyers of the game should not have access to the benefits of the GOTY version.
Stryder2931: 9 years?!?! Has it been that long. Wow. Time does fly. While I understand Cyberpunk is next for CDR, I still am hoping for a new Witcher game someday.
Yep. The first The Witcher was released in 2007, at the same time Hellgate:London got released.
The Witcher didn't got much attention at first, since Hellgate got all attention. Bought the original release myself by then, which was actually half finished. Later it got an enhanced version and those who already owned the original could get the EE for free, though you had then to download a big patch of 1GB through the slow servers of sciagnij.
Vojtas: I'm not surprised. Many players don't have a slightest clue about work and reality in this industry, but they demand everything, because they feel so damn entitled.
Many rightfully point out broken promises and lack of communication. In any industry, false advertisement is viewed as unacceptable. At the very least CDPR could apologize, or communicate what's going on (if they didn't cancel it, but simply delayed for example). They did neither of that. So please don't paint it as random entitlement. The issue was created and handled very poorly by CDPR themselves.

See here for more details.
Post edited October 23, 2016 by shmerl
edit

Linked offer expired today .
Post edited October 24, 2016 by Painted_Doll
shmerl: That sounds good, thanks. Now only if CDPR could release it for Linux, I'd buy it instantly ;)
OldOldGamer: I don't understand why, nowdays, companies still not embrace multiplatform games.
XBOX. It uses DirectX.
Plus, corruption. Oh, sorry, i mean business agreements. :)

That is why.
OldOldGamer: I don't understand why, nowdays, companies still not embrace multiplatform games.
vsr: XBOX. It uses DirectX.

That is why.
I doubt they have any agreement which prevents them. They simply don't want to invest time and resources now, despite first planning it and advertising such plans. I.e. once they realized it's more complicated than a trivial wrapper, they silently dropped the effort (or at least it looks like it). The failure here was both in communication, and in the fact that they didn't make anything in the end.

I suppose there is very little we can expect from TW3, unless CDPR one day will decide to honor their initial plan. What's more important is their current development of Cyberpunk 2077. But they didn't publish any technical details so far, so no one knows if their new engine works on Linux, uses Vulkan or not and so on. I guess once CP2077 will come out, we'll see if CDPR still has any trace of interest in Linux, or not.

I'd say, that will determine, whether they'll become more like Devolver Digitial, or more like EA Linux wise. I.e. the former are actively supporting Linux releases, while you can expect none from the later.
Post edited October 24, 2016 by shmerl

That is why.
shmerl: I doubt they have any agreement which prevents them. They simply don't want to invest time and resources now, despite first planning it and advertising such plans. I.e. once they realized it's more complicated than a trivial wrapper, they silently dropped the effort (or at least it looks like it). The failure here was both in communication, and in the fact that they didn't make anything in the end.

I suppose there is very little we can expect from TW3, unless CDPR one day will decide to honor their initial plan. What's more important is their current development of Cyberpunk 2077. But they didn't publish any technical details so far, so no one knows if their new engine works on Linux, uses Vulkan or not and so on. I guess once CP2077 will come out, we'll see if CDPR still has any trace of interest in Linux, or not.

I'd say, that will determine, whether they'll become more like Devolver Digitial, or more like EA Linux wise. I.e. the former are actively supporting Linux releases, while you can expect none from the later.
Agreements? Those step into action when devs prepare to develop game, not when it's done. I mean it's already done in DirectX and nothing can change this.

I think they decided to give up on releasing Linux port, because wrapper introduced huge overhead. A lot of Linux gamers would've complained. They complained about Witcher 2's wrapper (fair enough), so CDP knows what to expect.

I know nothing about Cyberpunk 2077, but if it uses Witcher 3's engine, there are high chances there will be no Linux port too. I will be glad if i'm wrong though.
Thank you GOG for this! I have been waiting for this sale and was happy to be able to purchase these games together for so cheap.
Attachments:
*thinking of a cheap video card to buy so i can actually play TW3.*

That is why.
shmerl: I doubt they have any agreement which prevents them. They simply don't want to invest time and resources now, despite first planning it and advertising such plans. I.e. once they realized it's more complicated than a trivial wrapper, they silently dropped the effort (or at least it looks like it). The failure here was both in communication, and in the fact that they didn't make anything in the end.

Once released, the effort as gone, I see very difficult the migration.
Nor believe Linux user base can justify the expense/

But why don't invest in redoing the engine, trashing this damned DirectX?
Still need a faster PC before I grab this one....soon.... :)
OldOldGamer: But why don't invest in redoing the engine, trashing this damned DirectX?
DirectX platform is more profitable for them, i suppose. It has more (and cheaper) developers, time-proven development tools (although, AMD introduced theirs GPUOpen initiative (analog of nVidia's GameWorks), which supports Linux as well; Tomb Raider is the first Linux game supporting AMD's TressFX (part of GPUOpen)), and DirectX games market (Windows'es, XBOX'es) is much larger of course.

They'll better invest theirs developer's time into something much more profitable (like a new game). :/
I agree on the tools.

On cheaper developrt, not sure.
OpenGL, and moving on Vulkan, probably will prove easier.
But I can also see issues with GPU drivers.

Probably is ture that Linux is still proving not deterministic enough for this kind of production.
Thanks gog.com :) i love witcher :)