It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MightyPinecone: And I believe this is why the price for gifting is higher than the price for buying in Russia (I'm not Russian mind you, but it's what I've gathered from Magog and a bit of logical reasoning).
That's right, though not only in Russia.
The gifting price of any GOG game in any region is always either the game's US price or the game's price in that region, whichever is the highest.
MarioFanaticXV: If the right of first sale were extended to digital media, then regional pricing would collapse as people from places where the price is cheap could make a huge profit by buying and reselling the products to people in regions with higher costs.
Of course, that opens its own can of worms. The reason why second hand sales can work for non-digital media without any real issues is that physical media degrade. Digital media are good as new, no matter how many hands they exchange. The reason you very rarely see cheaper products from, say, Russia exported to US citizens is that transportantion is a factor. This is not the case for digital media.

Global right to resell games would lead to companies looking into more ways to turn games into a service, always online DRM would become a lot more prevalent and presented as "Constant service rendered to a consumer!", a lot of DLC would become a lot more nightmarish than it is right now and generally, gaming would not really be much improved by such change. Remember, both big and small companies already have enough trouble funding their projects as it is, thinning even the revenue streams they have now would not lead to anything good and the ones who would profit the most would be shady key resellers.