It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It doesn’t matter if you can see the white caps of snow outside or if you are spending the holidays in a tropical paradise, the time has come for the annual Winter Sale on GOG.COM! Along with it, arrives a sleigh of great offers for DRM-free games, completion bundles, and freebies!

Start your visit on the front page by claiming a free copy of Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Digital Classic Edition. It’s the successful sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic tactical RPG created by now legendary game designer Chris Avellone. The game comes with a serial key for the original Wasteland from 1988 as a bonus goodie, so you get two games with just one click. This giveaway lasts until December 13th, 2 PM UTC.

Also, take a moment to gaze at the northern lights, flickering with fantastic Winter Sale deals.

For example, get the Ultimate RED Collection for 97.77 USD / 87.77 EUR / 69.77 GBP. It includes a pre-order for Cyberpunk 2077 and all Witcher games at their lowest price ever! Don't hesitate, because this unique offer is available only until December 27th, 2 PM UTC.

Next, grab the Paradox Strategy Bundle. It will give you an additional 25% discount when completing your collection of five games released by Paradox Interactive: Age of Wonders: Planetfall (-33%), Imperator: Rome (-33%), Surviving Mars (-66%), BATTLETECH (-66%), and Stellaris (-75%).

Finally, discover this year's best indie games thanks to the 2019 Indie Gems Bundle. It features an additional 25% discount when you own or buy at least five titles from a list that includes: Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (-25%), Dawn of Man (-25%), Deliver us the Moon (-20%), Foundation (-20%), Stygian: Reign of the Old Ones (-20%), Indivisible (-20%), Pathway (-40%), Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest (-60%), and more.

That's not all! Freshly released, huge action-RPG GreedFall is now available on GOG.COM, DRM-free and 25% off until December 26th, 2 PM UTC!

With over 2500 gaming deals during the Winter Sale, everyone will find titles that will bring even more joy this holiday season. Titles like: Diablo + Hellfire (-15%), Jupiter Hell (-20%), Rebel Cops (-25%), My Friend Pedro (-30%), Mutant Year Zero: Road to Eden (-50%), Project Warlock (-50%), Darksiders III (-66%), Outward (-60%), Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King (-65%), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition (-70%), Hard West (-90%), and more are yours to enjoy.

By popular demand, we're also bringing back the GOG Connect feature. It allows you to claim DRM-free copies of selected games that you already own on Steam. The first wave of games includes DUSK, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, Through the Ages, and Galaxy Trucker.

The Winter Sale runs until January 2nd, 2020, at 2 PM UTC.
Very nice to see GOG's site so green. Lovely.
emter_pl: We added two new collection pages to help you discover cool deals:

Top 50 highest-rated games up to -86%
eiii: By which rating exactly are these games the highest rated ones?

It for sure can not be the user rating on GOG. The top 50 games by user rating all would have 5 golden stars and not only 4 or even mediocre 3 stars like some games on that list. All of the Beamdog EE games are not even ranked within the 1000 highest rated games on GOG (by user rating). To me this list very much looks like a shameless, marketing driven fake to fool people into buying selected games.
What's no less interesting, to me, is what GOG's definition of "50" is.
mrkgnao: What's no less interesting, to me, is what GOG's definition of "50" is.
Good catch. :)
But at least 51 is closer to 50 than most-rated is to highest-rated.
Post edited December 21, 2019 by eiii
mrkgnao: What's no less interesting, to me, is what GOG's definition of "50" is.
eiii: Good catch. :)
But at least 51 is closer to 50 than most-rated is to highest-rated.
I believe you misunderstood emter_pl's comment. I don't think he meant to say that the list is the 50 most-rated games. I believe he meant to say it's a list of the highest-rated games, taking the number of ratings into account.

Anyhow, the fact of the matter is that the list is neither of highest-rated games, nor of most-rated games, not unless you allow for lots of bugs and/or lots of cheating. A more accurate (and catchier) title would probably be something like "a selection of 51 of the top 100 highest-rated games currently on sale with at least 1000 ratings, assuming remastered editions to have the same rating as their removed classic counterparts, perhaps".
Post edited December 21, 2019 by mrkgnao
edit: I guess my original post was kinda pointless
Post edited December 21, 2019 by tfishell
Does anyone still have a Beamdog code which he does not want to use?

ciemnogrodzianin: Good question. Not sure, but I thought both Baldur and Planescape are new builds, not only Windows versions delivered in Wine.
Judging from one of the reviews Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition also is a native Linux build.
Post edited December 21, 2019 by eiii
mrkgnao: I believe you misunderstood emter_pl's comment. I don't think he meant to say that the list is the 50 most-rated games. I believe he meant to say it's a list of the highest-rated games, taking the number of ratings into account.
I did understand emter_pl's try to construct an objective explanation. But even the combination of highest rating, most votes and previous game editions does not match the result. Their list still is only a subjective selection of games.

mrkgnao: Anyhow, the fact of the matter is that the list is neither of highest-rated games, nor of most-rated games, not unless you allow for lots of bugs and/or lots of cheating. A more accurate (and catchier) title would probably be something like "a selection of 51 of the top 100 highest-rated games currently on sale with at least 1000 ratings, assuming remastered editions to have the same rating as their removed classic counterparts, perhaps".
Perhaps something like that, maybe with the extension of "...when the remastered edition comes from Beamdog". ;) But indeed, there's no justification to call that list the "Top 50 highest-rated games".
eiii: Judging from one of the reviews Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition also is a native Linux build.
So it was good decision to take it.
By the way, as far as I remember I purchased Planescape classic edition here just before it was replaced by Beamdog version. I just don't trust them and was afraid ;) But today Linux edition with pure vanilla content for just $3 sounds like quite good deal.
I thinking of getting Omikron: The Nomad Soul since it's only 1.50, but I'm only interested in the soundtrack. Has anyone had good luck converting the music files (apparently the ADP filetype) to MP3? I know about this converter, was curious if anyone could try it out.
mqstout: Any laggards out there who don't have it yet, a highlight of the sale is that it's $35 to get the game play all-in for Grim Dawn, which is the pillars-above best game in its genre (ARPG).
Since you were evangelizing for the game, I may as well ping you while reposting my unanswered question from the Black Friday sale thread:
Can anyone tell me whether the expansions for Grim Dawn also include patches for the base game? (Not just "new content", mind you -- I mean bug fixes and other changes/additions that are commonly issued as free patches.) I know I've heard of some games that have done this, but I can't remember if this was one, and I'd hate to buy the base game only to find out later that I'd have to buy one or more expansions (which I will not buy right now in any case) to have the "fully patched" version of the core game.
mqstout: Any laggards out there who don't have it yet, a highlight of the sale is that it's $35 to get the game play all-in for Grim Dawn, which is the pillars-above best game in its genre (ARPG).
HunchBluntley: Since you were evangelizing for the game, I may as well ping you while reposting my unanswered question from the Black Friday sale thread:

Can anyone tell me whether the expansions for Grim Dawn also include patches for the base game? (Not just "new content", mind you -- I mean bug fixes and other changes/additions that are commonly issued as free patches.) I know I've heard of some games that have done this, but I can't remember if this was one, and I'd hate to buy the base game only to find out later that I'd have to buy one or more expansions (which I will not buy right now in any case) to have the "fully patched" version of the core game.
HunchBluntley:
Patches still today include changes to/apply to the base game, especially the engine/stability/core. The expansions did add some extra things the base game didn't have, like attribute respeccing and some QoL things. The base game is still amazing on its own without the expansions.
mqstout: Patches still today include changes to/apply to the base game, especially the engine/stability/core. The expansions did add some extra things the base game didn't have, like attribute respeccing and some QoL things. [...]
RRRrrhh. Not a fan of developers making fairly basic stuff like respeccing exclusive to DLC (especially paid), but it really depends on what else those other "QoL things" actually are. (I see stuff related to expanded stash sizes mentioned in the descriptions on the expansions' product pages, but unless the core game's stashes are ridiculously small, I can probably live without that improvement.)
I'll probably wind up getting the game anyway, but...I could also see myself just waiting for the inevitable complete edition. I've waited this long, after all.
high rated
Titles Added to the Winter Sale Today:
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone
Jump King
Pan-Pan
Paws: A Shelter 2 Game
Pid
Shelter
Shelter 2

Titles Receiving a Greater Discount:
Dracula Origin
Dracula: Love Kills
Journey to the Center of the Earth
Magrunner: Dark Pulse
Sherlock Holmes and The Hound of The Baskervilles
Sherlock Holmes versus Jack the Ripper
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments
Sherlock Holmes: Nemesis - Remastered
Sherlock Holmes: Secret of the Silver Earring
Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened - Remastered
Street Fighter Alpha 2
The Testament of Sherlock Holmes

No New All-Time GoG Lows...
Although Grim Dawn had its price reduced yesterday to a new 80% off low (from 75% off)

GoG Sales 2019 Google Doc:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RtI0Mpg1jjnM66q-02Y56-u5jcGT3YDKn6-5WsLwC6k/edit?usp=sharing
The €0,89 discounted price for both Jazz Jackrabbit games would be nice again .
Any updates on GOG Connect?

The Russian version of this news says that new games will be added every week, but nothing has been added since December 11.