Manhattan Update is here! New archetype - Politician
We couldn't release a completely new district without a new tenant archetype that'd be unique to it. So here come the Politicians
in their sleek suits and impeccable manners!
Apart from a bunch of custom actions that they can perform in your apartments, they also have one (for now at least) unique event
that can only appear for Politician tenants. So be prepared when they call you in for a little rehearsal before an important speech. Door color variants and prestige
This one's been a long-coming feature, but it finally found its way into the game. With the new update, we're now counting door prestige scores when calculating given room appraisals.
Along with many new door designs, we've also implemented a color variant switch option, similar to the one we added in the past for furniture items. New furniture, wallings, and floorings
It wouldn't be a proper major update if we didn't add a metric ton of new items and categories. This time, however, we're also significantly expanding on the walls and floors roster, essentially doubling it in size
. Design provided by a community member - @Sisquinanamook.
On top of that, we went over some of the older items
and added color variants
to those that didn't have any to choose from. We can't wait to see the beautiful interiors you'll design with this new batch of items! Tenant Reactions
Enough about renovations; let's talk tenants. The idea for this feature has been brewing for a long time in our minds, and we agreed that it's the right time to build it. Coming in this update, your tenants will not only react to your actions but also to what other people in their apartments do. This introduces an interplay mechanic between different archetypes
, as they will now get along better with selected tenant types and quickly get tired of annoying actions performed by the others. All of which contribute to their overall happiness. Fresh look for the main menu
Since Manhattan is the last district in the game and it'll take some playing to get to, we wanted you to feel its magic right from the get-go upon loading up the game. That's why we remade the main menu screen from scratch
, featuring our very own skyscrapers in the background making for a peaceful city center look. And more!
But those are only the biggest changes. Alongside them, we're also introducing a big batch of QoL improvements
and tweaks. One of the more notable ones is the renovation UI optimization
, which should make switching between various design tabs and furniture categories much faster than before. No more lag spikes when accessing your kitchen!
We're also finally expanding the soundtrack with 5 brand new chill tracks
for you to enjoy while looking for those pesky pickups or renovating your places.
Another small feature worth mentioning is the new ability to discard jobs
from the Jobs app (you'll never have to see that train job ever again!). A tiny yet impactful change has been made to the renovation checklist. Now requirements that are not yet complete, but are in progress, will feature a small, yellow dot instead of staying empty until the requirement is fully complete. This should allow you to gauge your work progress at the first glance.
One last thing to mention before we let you get your hands on the game itself, is the new feature to extend a tenant lease without negotiations
. We've heard your feedback on how sometimes you might just want to carry on with your current terms without bothering to renegotiate, and, well, now you can! No more haggling just to get the same money.
We can't wait to hear your thoughts on the last Early Access major update in the comments below or on our official Discord server, which can be found here: link
. If you encounter any in-game issues, please post them either on our forums, our social media platforms, or using the in-game feedback tool. This is a truly giant update, and we'll do our best to polish it and patch it up whenever anything comes up in the next few weeks. Have fun! Full changelog Features
- Implemented apartment upgrades (Electricity, Heating, Water, Monitoring, Cleaning Robots, House Share License).
- Implemented apartment subscriptions (Better Internet, Better TV, Earthquake Insurance, Water Damage Insurance, Extended Appliance Warranty, Cleaning Service, Coaching).
- Implemented Target Cards - a new progression system with 26 unique goals.
- Implemented City Pickups - new discoverable objects on the map with 7 random pickup types and 7 collectible sets.
- Implemented Business properties with the ability to rent them out to Manhattan-based companies.
- Implemented door color variants with over 75 new options for your doors.
- Implemented tenant reactions with each tenant defining over 40 actions they react to with their roommates.
- Implemented the ability to extend a tenant lease without renegotiations.
- Implemented the ability to discard jobs.
- Implemented a new audio slider for Ambience sounds.
- Implemented the ability to set Open House duration.
- Implemented a hint system for all main missions.
- Implemented the ability to sell storage items without entering renovation.
- Completely reworked item collider system to allow for easier placement of objects on top of other surfaces.
- Revised renovation checklist to showcase requirement progress. Content
- Added a new district: Manhattan.
- Added 34 new residential buildings in Manhattan.
- Added over 120 new jobs in Manhattan.
- Added 7 new Elite Contracts in Manhattan.
- Added 7 new missions in Manhattan.
- Added 2 new missions in the Slums.
- Added a new tenant archetype: Politician.
- Added 3 new tenant events (mostly related to the Politician or to business apartments).
- Added 20 new player levels (max level is now 95).
- Added 3 new skills to increase sockets' maximum range for utilities.
- Added 2 new furniture categories.
- Added over 400 new furniture items.
- Added over 80 new walling and 80 new flooring options.
- Added 5 new tracks to the in-game soundtrack.
- Added tenant archetype information to Uncle Steve's Guidebook.
- Reworked 10 babysitting/open house variants in the Slums to serve as inspiration for your designs.
- Remade the in-game menu featuring the Manhattan environment. General
- Updated engine version.
- Tweaked how the camera works when navigating to properties.
- Revised the credits screen.
- Optimized renovation item list UI.
- Simplified Properties app UI to show both upcoming and ongoing auctions on the same list.
- Tweaked creative mode game creation UI to be easier to navigate.
- Fixed a number of issues allowing players to move or place items in rooms other than the one being worked on during a tenant request.
- Fixed an issue with items sometimes appearing in incorrect places when reloading the game.
- Fixed an issue with the Happy Tenant main mission not being properly completed when already having a tenant on the specific lease term.
- Fixed a number of furniture issues. Balance
- Rebalanced prestige values for all items to be more consistent.
- Rebalanced some of the item prices.
- Rebalanced Landlord Point cost and Happiness gain for all gifts and services.
- Made the doors count towards room/apartment prestige scores. Thank you,
Ancient Forge Studio