Knights of the Chalice 2
Updated to 1.61
for Windows and Mac.
Changelog from SteamDB
: Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.61
Hello everyone! I hope you're well. Here's version 1.61 of Knights of the Chalice 2. It's quite a big update. Yay!!
Please don't hesitate to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find any bugs and annoyances, so that I can fix the game quickly. A saved game may be very helpful, too. Thank you!!
The main changes are new background images during Character Creation, new goblin sprites that may also be used for player characters, new ooze sprites, new animated banners, some encounter tweaks, improvements in the Equipment Screen of the Module Editor, and bug fixes including three fixes for stuff that could cause a crash. See below for details.
I'll post a new Kickstarter update soon. Thank You So Much For Your Support, Valiant Heroes of the Realm! Enjoy! ^_^
List of changes in Knights of the Chalice 2 Version 1.61
• Fixed a source of crashes when Pizarra joins your party after the battle in the High Sewers, when you've used the option providing a Giant Spider ally during the battle and you finish the battle with the spider as the acting combatant. Also, the spider's sprite will now face the party leader at the end of the fight.
• Fixed a source of crashes in combat which was actually due to AI processing when a large creature is squeezing, or will be squeezing to avoid terrain magic effects like a Stinking Cloud.
• Fixed a source of crashes in the Module Editor when opening a module.
• Added a number of code and memory optimisations to improve speed.
• In Augury of Chaos and the Tutorial Adventure, tweaked a bunch of encounters where mages should have auto-casting spells like Mirror Image on (but didn't have them on previously). Also gave the auto-casting Mirror Image to a bunch of Rogues and Assassins.
• Fixed missing weapon and armour proficiencies for about 40 creatures in Augury of Chaos and about 20 creatures in the Tutorial Adventure.
• Using recent artwork from Pioneer Valley Games (PVGames), added a bunch of nice background images to the Character Creation and Change Token / Sprite interfaces. There are eight backgrounds and the game selects one based on your character's class.
• Using recent artwork from PVGames, added modular goblin sprites, meaning goblin sprites that can have a specific body type, armour type, and weapon, including magic weapons. They're mostly intended to be used as monsters (particularly in the upcoming module The Dark Arena, as your characters will be low level for quite a while), but you can use them for your player characters too, by selecting 'Goblin 1-7' in the 'Body' dropdown box during Character Creation, or anytime using the Change Token / Sprite screen within the Character Sheet. You might like to use the new sprites for your Kobold characters.
• Using recent artwork from PVGames, added new sprites for Gelatinous Cubes and Slimes.
• Updated a number of oozes and goblins in Augury of Chaos and the Tutorial Adventure using the new sprites. Also tweaked some encounters with oozes in Augury of Chaos. Also tweaked some goblin and kobold encounters in Finchbury.
• Fixed a bug with the penalties incurred for wearing armour for which you lack the appropriate proficiency. The penalty reduction of Masterwork Armour was applied two times.
• Fixed the position of the magic animations that are displayed when drinking a potion or casting spells, when characters are displayed using sprites.
• Fixed issues with the Prone sprite of the Hill Giants that you fight during the battle with Pizarra in the High Sewers.
• Fixed a display issue with blood stains when rain is affecting map colours.
• Created a swaying banner animation for the map of Crossroad Castle (in the upcoming module The Dark Arena) and other maps. Added a new menu option in the Map Editor, under 'Other Tools' (below 'Add Isometric Lights'), allowing you to place the new animated banners anywhere on a map easily. Also added one such banner to the map of Finchbury (atop the village's tower).
• Improved the Equipment Screen of the Module Editor so that it now displays a red square underneath weapons and armour for which the creature lacks the appropriate proficiency.
• Improved the Equipment Screen of the Module Editor so that the tooltip now displays the same information that you get from within the game, including Armour Class details for any armour item, or Attack Roll details for any weapon. You can also use the tooltip to compare weapons and armour for the current creature, as the tooltip will display information on both the worn item and the backpack item.
• In the Creature Properties screen of the Module Editor, right clicking on the selected class will now open the help entry for that class.
• In the Module Editor, tiny status icons will now be displayed even for hidden creatures, if the option to display these icons out of combat is activated.
• Fixed a bug in the Module Editor where a map would be saved with dark colours if the editor was displaying the rain effect at the moment you're saving the map.
• In the Creature Template Editor, added to the tooltip a line saying that you can right click in order to select the moused-over creature in the Map Editor (as I keep forgotting about that feature).
• In the macOS version only, fixed a bug in the tooltip display of Psionic Power Points when mousing over creatures that have Power Points.
• In the macOS version only, added the missing 'Add Isometric Lights' option of the Map Editor, under 'Other Tools'.
• In the macOS version only, fixed a bug with duplicate entries in the 'Body' dropdown box during Character Creation.