It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

skeletonbow: One strange thing about Trine is that I am 99.9% not into platformer games. I used to be in the 80s/90s to a degree but lost interest unconsciously over time by more entertaining genres and at some point looked back on platformers as "archaic" and disinteresting.
Huh. I'm more or less the opposite.

I used to be into all sorts of games but, these days, simple ones like platformers tend to be the only kind I play because, if I'm not feeling exhausted, I write programs for entertainment instead.
Eador. Masters of the Broken World was updated to version 1.6.1 /GOG-22.

Changelog
skeletonbow: One strange thing about Trine is that I am 99.9% not into platformer games. I used to be in the 80s/90s to a degree but lost interest unconsciously over time by more entertaining genres and at some point looked back on platformers as "archaic" and disinteresting.
ssokolow: Huh. I'm more or less the opposite.

I used to be into all sorts of games but, these days, simple ones like platformers tend to be the only kind I play because, if I'm not feeling exhausted, I write programs for entertainment instead.
Yeah, different strokes as they say... :) I've also got FEZ and found it interesting conceptually although I never finished it, got about half way through. I'd like to try Braid and Super Meat Boy because they got a lot of fanfare noise and have some interesting ideas I'd like to check out, but by default platformers just don't appeal to me. Something very original has to jump out of the trailer for one of them to get me curious and they rarely seem to do that. If you've got any suggestions that you consider very high quality best-of or unique in some major important way, feel free to fire off some suggestions and I'll have a look. There might be other gems out there that I'm unaware of. :)

I too author software, although I've taken a computer scientist vacation over the last 6 months or so. I go in phases between gaming, guitaring, and coding/engineering.
JudasIscariot: They're quite recharged, thanks :)
Ganni1987: Any news regarding the Linux version of Trine Enchanted Edition? The DRM-Free version was just released on Humble Bundle.

and Welcome back Judas :)
OK your Trine is ready, enjoy :)

The 2.12 update is too :)
JudasIscariot: OK your Trine is ready, enjoy :)

Not to be an ass, but 1.8GB installation, 1.2GB patch... could you please update the full installer to 2.12 as well?
JudasIscariot: OK your Trine is ready, enjoy :)

DeathDiciple: Not to be an ass, but 1.8GB installation, 1.2GB patch... could you please update the full installer to 2.12 as well?
Sure, it will be about 4 GB or more on its own :) We're working on the installer right now :)
ssokolow: Huh. I'm more or less the opposite.

skeletonbow: Yeah, different strokes as they say... :) I've also got FEZ and found it interesting conceptually although I never finished it, got about half way through. I'd like to try Braid and Super Meat Boy because they got a lot of fanfare noise and have some interesting ideas I'd like to check out, but by default platformers just don't appeal to me. Something very original has to jump out of the trailer for one of them to get me curious and they rarely seem to do that. If you've got any suggestions that you consider very high quality best-of or unique in some major important way, feel free to fire off some suggestions and I'll have a look. There might be other gems out there that I'm unaware of. :)

I too author software, although I've taken a computer scientist vacation over the last 6 months or so. I go in phases between gaming, guitaring, and coding/engineering.
I have to agree with you on FEZ. It's a game that didn't deliver on its first impression. At first, it felt like it was going to have significant story, but wound up with almost none (and an ending that was far too 2001: A Space Odyssey for my taste) and the latter half of the puzzles (the anti-cubes) had nothing to do with the world-rotating mechanic.

(Though I will admit that I did mostly enjoy the Myst-esque "first, you have to recognize what kind of puzzle it is" stuff once I actually realized what they were.)

Braid is a beautiful game in pretty much every way you could think of, and I really need to go back and finish it (I tend to play a game until either I beat it or one of life's hiccups distracts me) but it feels like the author tried too hard to avoid padding it out. (It feels like you've only just gotten a grasp on a mechanic and suddenly it's focusing exclusively on a new one.)

As for Super Meat Boy, I'm not sure if I'll ever beat it, but I'm glad I can keep coming back to pick away at it. What really makes that game is how well-tuned it is to make repeated failure comfortable. It's hard as nails... but it's so responsive and you respawn so instantaneously and with so little progress lost that the repeated failing attempts have an addictive quality to them and success tastes so sweet.

Unfortunately, I'm not really very good at recommending based on my own tastes without more info on what you look for in a game.

Cave Story if you haven't tried it yet, but that's all that I'm really willing to venture. (It's got an excellent multi-ending storyline and the original version is freeware. I prefer Cave Story+ because then I can select the remastered music so it looks AND sounds like a Super Nintendo game.)
JudasIscariot: Sure, it will be about 4 GB or more on its own :) We're working on the installer right now :)
Ok, thanks. Size is what it has to be, it's more about annoyance of having to run huge patches that take more to execute than base installer, and I prefer already patched backups :)
JudasIscariot: Sure, it will be about 4 GB or more on its own :) We're working on the installer right now :)
DeathDiciple: Ok, thanks. Size is what it has to be, it's more about annoyance of having to run huge patches that take more to execute than base installer, and I prefer already patched backups :)
Sure, completely understandable :) The patch is for those people who don't wish to re-download the entire installer or anything :)
Terraria 1.3.0.3 today?
Lord_Kane: Terraria 1.3.0.3 today?
Yes :) Check your account :)
Lord_Kane: Terraria 1.3.0.3 today?
JudasIscariot: Yes :) Check your account :)
It's here now? Cool.

BTW Judas, and I ask partially with tongue in cheek, but is this going to be like Sanctuary where we get an update every ten minutes? :P I'm getting a little tired of downloading and restarting this damn thing. :P
JudasIscariot: Yes :) Check your account :)
tinyE: It's here now? Cool.

BTW Judas, and I ask partially with tongue in cheek, but is this going to be like Sanctuary where we get an update every ten minutes? :P I'm getting a little tired of downloading and restarting this damn thing. :P
You'll need to ask the devs, we just deliver the updates not make them :P
tinyE: It's here now? Cool.

JudasIscariot: You'll need to ask the devs, we just deliver the updates not make them :P
THAT'S WHAT THE NAZIS SAID! :P
Terraria Is getting updates non-stop... whats going on?

these just patches to the core game?