It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

JaqFrost: What is that number next to the 'account' menu which doesn't seem to reflect forum replies, messages or library updates?
Probably "friend requests that, at the moment, can only be manipulated by the newer version of the site Galaxy sees"

By trial and error, I derived this URL from a URL someone else pasted. Does it show anything useful for you?

https://embed.gog.com/account/friends

Also, interesting note: If you try to load /account/friends in the regular site, it shows a bare "Not Found" message rather than a gogbear.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by ssokolow
high rated
ssokolow: Probably "friend requests that, at the moment, can only be manipulated by the newer version of the site Galaxy sees"

By trial and error, I derived this URL from a URL someone else pasted. Does it show anything useful for you?

Also, interesting note: If you try to load /account/friends in the regular site, it shows a bare "Not Found" message rather than a gogbear.
Nice link, thanks. I had found my pending requests in the forums via guesswork and timing of requests, but the link matches exactly.
JaqFrost: What is that number next to the 'account' menu which doesn't seem to reflect forum replies, messages or library updates?
Jaq, this will be unclearable for us non-Galaxy types for a while, but hopefully will be sorted soon enough. They're definitely aware of the "ghost notification" issue.
Post edited May 07, 2015 by budejovice
ssokolow: Probably "friend requests that, at the moment, can only be manipulated by the newer version of the site Galaxy sees"

It does seem to show who all friended me. I suppose that gives me a way to tell people I'm not a complete bitch who's ignoring them since I could PM them to let them know I'm not using Galaxy. Thank you for the link!

budejovice: Jaq, this will be unclearable for us non-Galaxy types for a while, but hopefully will be sorted soon enough. They're definitely aware of the "ghost notification" issue.
Maybe when GOG introduces that new accounts overhaul they've talked about?
Post edited May 07, 2015 by JaqFrost
skeletonbow: I've come to the conclusion over the last 15 years that:

1) The majority of all people with female avatars are male. The better looking the photo, the more likely this is to be true. (Why this is the case is an entirely different discussion topic probably warranting a thread of its own if not an entire website LOL).

2) The majority of women don't use their own photo for their avatar but are much more likely to use a photo of their cat, dog, baby, or some flowers and butterfly artwork with an inspirational quote printed on top in a calligraphic font.

These are of course generalizations and do not apply to all people all of the time, but it is a rather frequent observation on various forms of social media online, especially gaming related. ;) It certainly seems to be true more often than not anyway.
penumbren: .......

*eyes avatar*

*whistles*

Thank you for the giggle. (Pretty on-point observations, I'd have to say.)
That is funny :) Guilty as charged since I was using a Maya avatar till I went to the gender neutral Flying Eyeball that I use now.
From MaGog's logs for 6 May:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE AI War: Fleet Command, downloadables, Original game: AI War: Fleet Command: Windows installer, English (setup_ai_war_fleet_command_2.0.0.1.exe ***TO*** setup_ai_war_fleet_command_2.1.0.6.exe; Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:12:26 GMT ***TO*** Tue, 05 May 2015 11:05:32 GMT; 294,414,648 ***TO*** 295,019,424)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE AI War: Fleet Command, downloadables, DLC: AI War: DLC Pack: Windows installer, English (setup_ai_war_dlc_collection_2.0.0.1.exe ***TO*** setup_ai_war_dlc_collection_2.1.0.6.exe; Mon, 18 Aug 2014 08:13:28 GMT ***TO*** Tue, 05 May 2015 11:06:39 GMT; 667,345,704 ***TO*** 667,980,448)
high rated
mrkgnao: I believe the friend system is planned for the website too, not just Galaxy; it's just deployed simultaneously first in Galaxy. I may be wrong.
Genuine question - how can something be deployed "simultaneously" and at the same time "first"?
HypersomniacLive: Genuine question - how can something be deployed "simultaneously" and at the same time "first"?
LOL! I blew a snot bubble.
skeletonbow: LOL! I blew a snot bubble.
Hmm..., perhaps it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but what's funny about my question?
mrkgnao: I believe the friend system is planned for the website too, not just Galaxy; it's just deployed simultaneously first in Galaxy. I may be wrong.
HypersomniacLive: Genuine question - how can something be deployed "simultaneously" and at the same time "first"?
I was getting worried that after 18 hours no one was reacting to my little joke, but I knew I could count on you, especially since you already know the answer: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_starts_now_e5bf1/post351
Post edited May 07, 2015 by mrkgnao
From MaGog's logs for 7 May:

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 1 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6.exe; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:39:18 GMT; 1,032,072)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 2 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-1.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:48:31 GMT; 1,564,976,000)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 3 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-2.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:48:29 GMT; 1,566,000,000)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 4 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-3.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:46:41 GMT; 1,184,485,628)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Patch 1.5 (patch_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.2.8.exe; Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:45:41 GMT; 87,304,368)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 1 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10.exe; Mon, 04 May 2015 13:53:02 GMT; 36,190,864)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 2 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10-1.bin; Mon, 04 May 2015 14:09:14 GMT; 4,194,304,000)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 3 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10-2.bin; Mon, 04 May 2015 13:59:13 GMT; 1,467,661,670)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, DLC: Blackguards: Untold Legends: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (setup_blackguards_untold_legends_dlc_2.1.1.8.exe ***TO*** setup_blackguards_untold_legends_dlc_2.2.0.10.exe; Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:47:19 GMT ***TO*** Mon, 04 May 2015 13:54:53 GMT; 411,271,936 ***TO*** 399,329,504)

NOTE! CHANGED Alone in the Dark, languages: Audio and text: English ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Italian

NOTE! CHANGED Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death (Secrets of the Ark), languages: Audio and text: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian ***TO*** Audio and text: German, English, French. Text only: Spanish, Italian
HypersomniacLive: Hmm..., perhaps it's the fact that I'm not a native English speaker, but what's funny about my question?
Not the question, but pointing it out. :)
high rated
mrkgnao: I was getting worried that after 18 hours no one was reacting to my little joke, but I knew I could count on you, especially since you already know the answer: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/gog_galaxy_beta_starts_now_e5bf1/post351
What a pity, for a moment there I got hopeful that GOG had found a way to break the boundaries of conventional time and order.
At least I have the satisfaction of them thanking me for my contribution...
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for 7 May:

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 1 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6.exe; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:39:18 GMT; 1,032,072)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 2 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-1.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:48:31 GMT; 1,564,976,000)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 3 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-2.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:48:29 GMT; 1,566,000,000)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 4 of 4) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.0.6-3.bin; Tue, 04 Mar 2014 09:46:41 GMT; 1,184,485,628)

NOTE! REMOVED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Patch 1.5 (patch_blackguards_special_edition_2.1.2.8.exe; Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:45:41 GMT; 87,304,368)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 1 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10.exe; Mon, 04 May 2015 13:53:02 GMT; 36,190,864)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 2 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10-1.bin; Mon, 04 May 2015 14:09:14 GMT; 4,194,304,000)

NOTE! ADDED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, Original game: Blackguards Special Edition: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (part 3 of 3) (setup_blackguards_special_edition_2.2.0.10-2.bin; Mon, 04 May 2015 13:59:13 GMT; 1,467,661,670)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Blackguards Special Edition, downloadables, DLC: Blackguards: Untold Legends: Windows installer, English+French+Italian+German+Spanish+Polish+Portuguese+Russian+Turkish (setup_blackguards_untold_legends_dlc_2.1.1.8.exe ***TO*** setup_blackguards_untold_legends_dlc_2.2.0.10.exe; Thu, 21 Aug 2014 14:47:19 GMT ***TO*** Mon, 04 May 2015 13:54:53 GMT; 411,271,936 ***TO*** 399,329,504)

NOTE! CHANGED Alone in the Dark, languages: Audio and text: English ***TO*** Audio and text: English. Text only: German, Spanish, French, Italian

NOTE! CHANGED Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death (Secrets of the Ark), languages: Audio and text: German, English, Spanish, French, Italian ***TO*** Audio and text: German, English, French. Text only: Spanish, Italian
Since I am for months in contact with Daedalic to get a new Blackguards patch I have to ask: is this a real update or just a Galaxy update? I contacted Daedalic yexterday but haven't received an answer yet.

On a side note: always nice to see more official German versions here :)
Post edited May 07, 2015 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Since I am for months in contact with Daedalic to get a new Blackguards patch I have to ask: is this a real update or just a Galaxy update? I contacted Daedalic yexterday but haven't received an answer yet.

[...])
I think it's just this.
high rated
MarkoH01: Since I am for months in contact with Daedalic to get a new Blackguards patch I have to ask: is this a real update or just a Galaxy update? I contacted Daedalic yexterday but haven't received an answer yet.

[...])
HypersomniacLive: I think it's just this.
Damn - so I guess there's no need to download it again and there is still a need to contact Daedalic again :(