It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
I'm sure it's being looked at, but for the record:

silent updates + tax season = teh suck
budejovice: I'm sure it's being looked at, but for the record:

Is "tax season" the period of time when it is legal to hunt tax accountants?
high rated

mrkgnao: Is "tax season" the period of time when it is legal to hunt tax accountants?
After getting fed 20 returns to process after 8pm last night, I'd personally open that option to people all year long. However rules may vary by your jurisdiction.
JudasIscariot: We haven't. sorry :(
ZaineH: I'll have to poke them about it on Steam then. :/
Already have. They've said three days ago that they will update it toomorrow or the day after which means it SHOULD have arrived here at least today. I'll wait until monday and if Judas then still have not received the update I'll push a bit harder.
Post edited March 27, 2015 by MarkoH01

mrkgnao: Is "tax season" the period of time when it is legal to hunt tax accountants?
Hehe, that would be fun! :P
Seriously, though: what does "tax season" mean? If it is simply a fixed, regular period of time when taxes are emitted (sorry, I don't know a better English word to fit the concept), then... well, it is ALWAYS tax season, here! :(
Post edited March 27, 2015 by Enebias
high rated
Enebias: Hehe, that would be fun! :P
Seriously, though: what does "tax season" mean? If it is simply a fixed, regular period of time when taxes are emitted (sorry, I don't know a better English word to fit the concept), then... well, it is ALWAYS tax season, here! :(
Well I work for accountants. In the US the filing deadline for most types of tax returns is April 15. At my office we have a vacation blackout from February 1 through April 15. And we work a LOT of hours in that time.

Luckily we'll extend enough returns to go through it all again in September and October. :)
ZaineH: I'll have to poke them about it on Steam then. :/
MarkoH01: Already have. They've said three days ago that they will update it toomorrow or the day after which means it SHOULD have arrived here at least today. I'll wait until monday and if Judas then still have not received the update I'll push a bit harder.
I guess that means we won't get the update until after the Steam version gets working achievements. It seems strange to delay 20+ bug fixes for almost two weeks for that.
budejovice: Well I work for accountants. In the US the filing deadline for most types of tax returns is April 15. At my office we have a vacation blackout from February 1 through April 15. And we work a LOT of hours in that time.

Luckily we'll extend enough returns to go through it all again in September and October. :)
I see, thanks! I hope your workload will be less brutal, soon! :)

Here in Italy taxes are so many and different that concentrating the deadlines over a limited time period would be suicide, so we are basically left in the dark and have to pay whenever we receive the bills (something that actually translates in "several times each month"). Also, the government has not very clear ideas on how to manage them: there are often unfications of already existing taxes under a different name, separations of the most significan ones and sneaky introductions of new ones. I certainly don't envy accountants.
Funny thing is that we have the highest esteemed tax evasion in Europe, so in the end the biggest sharks are always unaffected. Yay, another record! -.-'
From MaGog's logs for 27 March:

NOTE! CHANGED title: Witcher: Wild Hunt, The - preorder [Upcoming] ***TO*** Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, The - preorder [Upcoming]

NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, languages: Text only: English ***TO*** Text only: German, English, Russian
[Same for Complete Edition and DLC]

NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, file_size: 3.2 GB ***TO*** 3.3 GB

NOTE! CHANGED King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition Upgrade [DLC], file_size: 502 MB ***TO*** 264 MB

[The Complete Edition does not have a size field...]
Post edited March 27, 2015 by mrkgnao
Downloaded - thanks :)

However, with the update, at the bottom of the save/load screen in bright red letters is the phrase 'Steam Cloud is not available!' (see attached screenshot). Not a biggie but thought that would have been picked up by the GOG testers. There's nothing like getting a free name check/advertising every time you load or save a game bought from a rival company...
Attachments:
wotn.jpg (121 Kb)
Pajama: Downloaded - thanks :)

However, with the update, at the bottom of the save/load screen in bright red letters is the phrase 'Steam Cloud is not available!' (see attached screenshot). Not a biggie but thought that would have been picked up by the GOG testers. There's nothing like getting a free name check/advertising every time you load or save a game bought from a rival company...
Ouch!

Well, rest assured we'll look into this issue and get it resolved ASAP :)
From MaGog's logs for 27 March:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Journeyman Project 1: Pegasus Prime, The, downloadables, Windows installer, English (setup_the_journeyman_project_pegasus_prime_2.0.0.3.exe ***TO*** setup_the_journeyman_project_pegasus_prime_2.2.0.5.exe; Thu, 10 Apr 2014 08:52:48 GMT ***TO*** Thu, 26 Mar 2015 16:17:41 GMT; 1,841,947,160 ***TO*** 1,842,598,968)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE Journeyman Project 1: Pegasus Prime, The, downloadables, Mac OS X installer, English (pegasus_prime_1.0.0.4.dmg ***TO*** the_journeyman_project_1_pegasus_prime_2.1.0.11.dmg; Thu, 10 Apr 2014 09:24:33 GMT ***TO*** Thu, 26 Mar 2015 17:11:02 GMT; 2,238,766,707 ***TO*** 2,241,010,640)
From MaGog's logs for 28 March:

NOTE! CHANGED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Original game: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_2.0.0.1.exe ***TO*** setup_kings_bounty_wotn_2.1.0.2.exe; Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:49:27 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:18:08 GMT; 36,011,600 ***TO*** 36,075,328)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Original game: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_2.0.0.1.bin ***TO*** setup_kings_bounty_wotn_2.1.0.2-1.bin; Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:57:22 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:36:58 GMT; 3,410,920,092 ***TO*** 3,435,764,526)

NOTE! CHANGED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, DLC: King's Bounty: Warriors of the North - Complete Edition Upgrade: Windows installer, English (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_complete_2.0.0.1.exe ***TO*** setup_kings_bounty_wotn_complete_2.1.0.2.exe; Tue, 09 Dec 2014 11:51:01 GMT ***TO*** Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:20:54 GMT; 526,858,312 ***TO*** 277,250,288)

NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, German (part 1 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_german_2.1.0.2.exe; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:37:10 GMT; 36,076,328)

NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, German (part 2 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_german_2.1.0.2-1.bin; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:38:07 GMT; 3,423,086,205)

NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, Russian (part 1 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_russian_2.1.0.2.exe; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:38:18 GMT; 36,075,304)

NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, Russian (part 2 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_russian_2.1.0.2-1.bin; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:00:25 GMT; 3,436,152,449)

[Remarkable reduction of size for the DLC]
mrkgnao: NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, Russian (part 1 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_russian_2.1.0.2.exe; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 11:38:18 GMT; 36,075,304)

NOTE! ADDED FILE King's Bounty: Warriors of the North, downloadables, Windows installer, Russian (part 2 of 2) (setup_kings_bounty_wotn_russian_2.1.0.2-1.bin; Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:00:25 GMT; 3,436,152,449)
They finally added Russian language support. That took a while.
Post edited March 28, 2015 by Grargar
Wishlist: Add version number to GOG releases, e.g. Earth 2140 (release 1.2), hope springs eternal. Then again they may change it to only show the major revision.
Post edited March 29, 2015 by Gydion