It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Heroes of Might and Magic 1
This one is flagged as new on the shelf so everyone would see it anyway. Nice upgrade too with 16-bit stereo music! :D
dirtyharry50: This one is flagged as new on the shelf so everyone would see it anyway. Nice upgrade too with 16-bit stereo music! :D
People who did not buy it would not see it, besides, isn't this more about 'what exactly got updated in the release' than 'which release got updated'?;) I agree, a neat update.;]
dirtyharry50: This one is flagged as new on the shelf so everyone would see it anyway. Nice upgrade too with 16-bit stereo music! :D
Arteveld: People who did not buy it would not see it, besides, isn't this more about 'what exactly got updated in the release' than 'which release got updated'?;) I agree, a neat update.;]
Sorry, that is a good point - knowing what changed is always appreciated.

By the way, I am now off to vote for SWAT 4! Great game!
Post edited January 31, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Is there an app that checks new installers or I must click each one in browser so they get updated?
GOG downloader does that only if I add game to it from browser. It doesn't check download dir.
Madmate: Is there an app that checks new installers or I must click each one in browser so they get updated?
GOG downloader does that only if I add game to it from browser. It doesn't check download dir.
As far as I know, you must click one by one. That's what I do, but I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.
That's why there such clamour about GOG not flagging installer version changes.
SLP2000: Windows 7 incompatible:

Arx Fatalis
Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion
Gothic
Longest Journey, The
MDK2
Messiah
Sanitarium
I wonder what their issues are with these, they work fine on my Win7 64 bit machine.
Madmate: Is there an app that checks new installers or I must click each one in browser so they get updated?
mrkgnao: As far as I know, you must click one by one. That's what I do, but I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.
It would be cool if there was some kind of changelog for games, or a giant one for the site which lists any games that have had installer or bonus content changes.
mrkgnao: As far as I know, you must click one by one. That's what I do, but I'd be thrilled to be proven wrong.
mondo84: It would be cool if there was some kind of changelog for games, or a giant one for the site which lists any games that have had installer or bonus content changes.
I'm trying to maintain something of the sort here, maintaining file sizes/MD5s and noting games that have changed on a monthly basis for about a year now, but it is a losing battle. I really wish GOG had a proper changelog for the entire site.

P.S. Apparently there's already a wish for it here. Vote for it!
Post edited February 01, 2013 by mrkgnao
mondo84: It would be cool if there was some kind of changelog for games, or a giant one for the site which lists any games that have had installer or bonus content changes.
mrkgnao: I'm trying to maintain something of the sort here, maintaining file sizes/MD5s and noting games that have changed on a monthly basis for about a year now, but it is a losing battle. I really wish GOG had a proper changelog for the entire site.

P.S. Apparently there's already a wish for it here. Vote for it!
Cool, great thread you have there. And I voted for the wish list item as well. :)
Thank you for your answer.
That is what I want from GOG Downloader. I would like for it to check download dir and check for md5 or whatever it needs for updates. I'm not programmer so I don't know how hard it is to implement this.
I hope that someday they implement it and make GOG more perfect. :-)
I already asked for documentation for the API on the wishlist so we can do stuff like make tools to automatically verify you have the latest versions of everything. Here's hoping they decide to do it.
Poulscath: I already asked for documentation for the API on the wishlist so we can do stuff like make tools to automatically verify you have the latest versions of everything. Here's hoping they decide to do it.
Voted!
Don't know how long ago this happened, but MDK's installer updated slightly and now reads version 2.0.0.25. I had one rare crash to desktop when testing the previous version on Win 7 64-bit, perhaps this update might solve that and other issues i'm unaware of.
haydenaurion: Don't know how long ago this happened, but MDK's installer updated slightly and now reads version 2.0.0.25. I had one rare crash to desktop when testing the previous version on Win 7 64-bit, perhaps this update might solve that and other issues i'm unaware of.
I've downloaded this version on 2012-12-02. The biggest difference I've noticed was added Glide support although I'm not 100% sure if they didn't introduced this somewhere between 2.0 and 2.0.0.25.

Hell, I own 160 games and I'm so tired tracking all those changes by myself. GOG is a great service but sometimes it fails so badly on basic level...
Post edited February 02, 2013 by tburger