It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MarkoH01: I have a Steam account but I only use it if there is absolutely no way to get a game without DRM - which would not be the case for Cognition. I already told Phoenix that GOG still has not updated the game and asked them if they could push them a little. No answer from their side until now. I guess asking them for a steam key would result in the same "no answer" politics - but it may be worth a try. It seems like "no answer" is the new customer support ;)
DyNaer: For a Steam key , you are wrong, they provided one to me , i just sent them a copy of the gog receipt . About this i'm sure at 100%
You were right! I just received a mail from Phoenix with a Steam key. It still is sad that the GOG game is not updated yet but at least I can play now. Thank you for your suggestion.
MarkoH01: You were right! I just received a mail from Phoenix with a Steam key. It still is sad that the GOG game is not updated yet but at least I can play now. Thank you for your suggestion.
Well at least you can play with german subtites, till GOG updates the game ....

using the steam version isn't the best option since you bought the game here , but that's a backup plan.
MarkoH01: You were right! I just received a mail from Phoenix with a Steam key. It still is sad that the GOG game is not updated yet but at least I can play now. Thank you for your suggestion.
DyNaer: Well at least you can play with german subtites, till GOG updates the game ....

using the steam version isn't the best option since you bought the game here , but that's a backup plan.
I just finsihed downloading and tested the game. Guess what - even the Steam version is DRM free and starts without steam. Only downside here is that you need to install all Episodes at once but I can live with that.
DyNaer: ...
MarkoH01: I just finsihed downloading and tested the game. Guess what - even the Steam version is DRM free and starts without steam. Only downside here is that you need to install all Episodes at once but I can live with that.
I'd imagine most Steam games are technically DRM-free unless you count the Steam client as DRM.
From MaGog's logs for 26-29 November:

NOTE! CHANGED Chronology, cur_price: 9.99 ***TO*** 4.99

NOTE! CHANGED Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000, languages: Audio and text: German, English, Spanish, French, Dutch ***TO*** Audio and text: English

NOTE! CHANGED Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) and Mac OS X (10.7.0 or newer) and Linux (Ubuntu 14.04, Mint 17)
NOTE! CHANGED Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition, sys_req_linux: ***TO*** Ubuntu 14.04 / Mint 17, Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent, Memory: 1 GB RAM, Hard Drive: 2 GB available space, Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386, libasound2:i386, libasound2-data:i386, libasound2-plugins:i386 and, dependencies, Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only

NOTE! CHANGED Risk of Rain, file_size: 184 MB ***TO*** 183 MB

NOTE! CHANGED Witcher Adventure Game, The, file_size: ??? MB ***TO*** 587 MB

NOTE! CHANGED Empire Earth 3, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence, Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence, Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence)
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED Empire Earth 3, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Blood and Gore, Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 12+ (with Violence, Violence)

NOTE! CHANGED Mount & Blade, age_req: ESRB Rating: Teen (with Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence, Violence) ***TO*** ESRB Rating: Teen (with Alcohol Reference, Blood, Mild Language, Mild Suggestive Themes, Violence). PEGI Rating: 16+ (with Violence)
Lol, I guess you win some and lose some.
MarkoH01: I just finsihed downloading and tested the game. Guess what - even the Steam version is DRM free and starts without steam. Only downside here is that you need to install all Episodes at once but I can live with that.
tfishell: I'd imagine most Steam games are technically DRM-free unless you count the Steam client as DRM.
You're guessing wrong (or I misunderstand you). Most Steam games do require Steam to run for them to play them. If you start the executable steam is started. There are only a few games (mostly kickstarter and indie games) which start without any Steam at all. You can even copy the whole folder to another directory and/or HDD (I tested it). You only need Steam to download the game the first time or if you want to use the achievements.
tfishell: I'd imagine most Steam games are technically DRM-free unless you count the Steam client as DRM.
Wrong. When people refer to Steam games as DRM-Free, they refer to games that can be run without the Steam client, once they have been downloaded.
Post edited November 30, 2014 by Grargar
Crosmando: That and SVM is being actively developed and worked on, and I'm pretty sure Dosbox has ceased development since 0.74.
Dosbox is still being developed. There just hasn't been an official release since 0.74 (2010-05-12 according to SVN tag).
Here is the commit log http://sourceforge.net/p/dosbox/code-0/commit_browser
Here is a list of SVN builds http://www.dosbox.com/wiki/SVN_Builds
Post edited November 30, 2014 by jedi5002
MarkoH01: You're guessing wrong (or I misunderstand you). Most Steam games do require Steam to run for them to play them. If you start the executable steam is started. There are only a few games (mostly kickstarter and indie games) which start without any Steam at all. You can even copy the whole folder to another directory and/or HDD (I tested it). You only need Steam to download the game the first time or if you want to use the achievements.
Interesting. The length of the "DRM-free games on Steam" thread suggested to me that most games on Steam were probably DRM-free aside from some AAA titles.
MarkoH01: You're guessing wrong (or I misunderstand you). Most Steam games do require Steam to run for them to play them. If you start the executable steam is started. There are only a few games (mostly kickstarter and indie games) which start without any Steam at all. You can even copy the whole folder to another directory and/or HDD (I tested it). You only need Steam to download the game the first time or if you want to use the achievements.
tfishell: Interesting. The length of the "DRM-free games on Steam" thread suggested to me that most games on Steam were probably DRM-free aside from some AAA titles.
I just found the thread you are referring to. Actually in this thread you can only find a list with games that DO have DRM even though the OP has asked for a list of games without DRM. So this thread is misleading.
tfishell: Interesting. The length of the "DRM-free games on Steam" thread suggested to me that most games on Steam were probably DRM-free aside from some AAA titles.
You are right & wrong in fact .P

Grargar gave you the correct situation.
Post edited December 01, 2014 by DyNaer
http://www.gog.com/forum/the_longest_journey_series/dreamfall_chapters_has_been_updated_to_version_112
http://www.gog.com/forum/tales_of_majeyal/tales_of_majeyal_ashes_of_urhrok_dlc_is_now_at_version_101
I just wanted to say that Judas has now explained to me my "Cognition" problem. It seems as if the files GOG has received from the developer don't all work like they should and they have already contacted the developer. Now I understand why they couldn't give me an ETA for the patch and why it is delayed in the first time. Judas promised that they will update the game as soon as the technical issues has been sorted out. I am glad that this seemed to be a misunderstanding, maybe just not enough information but it was not that GOG doesn't care.