It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SLP2000: This isn't an update, but it's worth to mention that lately, over 50 games were marked as Windows 7 compatible, and apparently, this is not a mistake this time.

Only 20 games miss Windows 7 compatibility at this moment.
Could you make a list of incompatible games?

On the other hand it's still more or less arbitrary - I have disciples that are not supposed to be Win7 compatible and yet I never had any problems with it
Ghorpm: Could you make a list of incompatible games?
I checked them yesterday:

Windows 7 incompatible:

Arx Fatalis
Blood 2: The Chosen + Expansion
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold
Evolva
Freespace 2
Gorky 17
Gothic
Incredible Machine Mega Pack, The
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos
Interstate '76 Arsenal, The
Longest Journey, The
Manhole: Masterpiece Edition, The
MDK2
Messiah
Real Myst
Red Baron Pack
Sanitarium
Sensible Soccer 2006
Silent Hunter® 2
UFO: Aftermath

Windows 8 incompatible:

Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Atlantis 3: The New World
Battle Realms + Winter of the Wolf
BloodRayne 2
Comanche vs. Hokum
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord
Conquest: Frontier Wars
Creatures Exodus
Creatures: The Albian Years
Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive
Die by the Sword + Expansion
Disciples 2 Gold
Empire Earth 2 Gold Edition
F/A-18E Super Hornet
Gangsters: Organized Crime
Gorky 17
Gothic
Haegemonia Gold Edition
Incredible Machine Mega Pack, The
Independence War Deluxe
Interstate '82
Jagged Alliance 2
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time, The
King's Quest 7+8
Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader
MDK
Messiah
Might and Magic® 6-pack: Limited Edition
Might and Magic® 9
Patrician 3
Populous™: The Beginning
Post Mortem
Powerslide
Realms of Arkania 3
Return to Krondor
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood
Sanitarium
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator
Shogo: Mobile Armor Division
Silent Hunter® 2
Soulbringer
Speed Busters: American Highways
Still Life
Tex Murphy 1+2
Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
Worms 2
Zork: Grand Inquisitor
SLP2000: snip
Thanks a lot! A funny thing is I didn't experience any problem with Disciples, Incredible Machines, the Longest Journey even though they are not listed as Win 7 compatible. However, I had some problems with Sanitarium
Ghorpm: Thanks a lot! A funny thing is I didn't experience any problem with Disciples, Incredible Machines, the Longest Journey even though they are not listed as Win 7 compatible. However, I had some problems with Sanitarium
Well, the game cards say "compatible with" but that really translates to "we've tested and are able to provide support on these systems".

If the OS is not listed, it still might work, but GOG doesn't support it.
Ghorpm: Thanks a lot! A funny thing is I didn't experience any problem with Disciples, Incredible Machines, the Longest Journey even though they are not listed as Win 7 compatible. However, I had some problems with Sanitarium
Agreed. The games I own which are on that list work fine on my Windows 7 Pro SP1 machine - with the exception of FreeSpace 2, since I upgraded it with the latest FreeSpace 2 SCP (Source Code Project) release.
Yeah, I know that most of thsoe games should work. But still, official support is official.
Return to Krondor has an updated 2.x installer now.
dirtyharry50: Return to Krondor has an updated 2.x installer now.
Betrayal at Krondor pack as well!
dirtyharry50: Return to Krondor has an updated 2.x installer now.
Ghorpm: Betrayal at Krondor pack as well!
Yeah, that and a bunch of others were noted in a post on the previous page by DukeNukem so I checked again on Return to Krondor just to see and since then it had been updated.

Whew! I think I am current now on my backups. I can't bring myself to do comparisons on so many games this morning to be sure. I had just recently checked everything so hopefully the posts I just read and got more updates because of bring me current.
Post edited January 30, 2013 by dirtyharry50
Ghorpm: Betrayal at Krondor pack as well!
dirtyharry50: Yeah, that and a bunch of others were noted in a post on the previous page by DukeNukem so I checked again on Return to Krondor just to see and since then it had been updated.

Whew! I think I am current now on my backups. I can't bring myself to do comparisons on so many games this morning to be sure. I had just recently checked everything so hopefully the posts I just read and got more updates because of bring me current.
My bad! I'm trying to download new installers but somehow I missed DukeNukem post and hence the confusion...
dirtyharry50: Yeah, that and a bunch of others were noted in a post on the previous page by DukeNukem so I checked again on Return to Krondor just to see and since then it had been updated.

Ghorpm: My bad! I'm trying to download new installers but somehow I missed DukeNukem post and hence the confusion...
Oh, don't feel bad. I find this situation confusing as hell and it makes me cranky! lol
Decided to play through Lure of the Temptress, I don't know if it's just me, but the game's path-finding seems absolutely crippled in the version of ScummVM GOG is using for it.

People constantly bumping into you, resulting in text box rape. Your character runs in circles and gets lost when trying to talk to someone. It's maddening! I almost broke my fucking keyboard over my head! I thought there was no way that's how it should be so I downloaded the latest ScummVM version and now everything seems way, way better. Now my character doesn't act like a lost, confused idiot.

GOG might want to consider updating their ScummVM games.
Fuzzyfireball: Decided to play through Lure of the Temptress, I don't know if it's just me, but the game's path-finding seems absolutely crippled in the version of ScummVM GOG is using for it.
[url= http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version ] http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version [/url]

Have you sent a support ticket? You really need to if you want any hope of having this fixed. Wouldn't surprise me if it has been broken for the last 4 years. You could try harassing Judas. Sometimes that gets results.
Fuzzyfireball: Decided to play through Lure of the Temptress, I don't know if it's just me, but the game's path-finding seems absolutely crippled in the version of ScummVM GOG is using for it.
Alfie3000: [url= http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version ] http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version [/url]

Have you sent a support ticket? You really need to if you want any hope of having this fixed. Wouldn't surprise me if it has been broken for the last 4 years. You could try harassing Judas. Sometimes that gets results.
Yeah, I did. But I know some staff scan this thread too.
Alfie3000: [url= http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version ] http://www.gog.com/forum/lure_of_the_temptress/glitched_movement_in_this_version [/url]

Fuzzyfireball: Yeah, I did. But I know some staff scan this thread too.
Writing to Support about the aforementioned issue will be more effective than "harassing Judas" to quote Alfie3000 :D.