It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hm, I seem to remember that the new installers add Windows 8 compatibility, as well.
DyNaer: if i'm correct :

it's a repackaging :

- some games doesn't like the periods in the default path name (since gog.com has one ...)
- now games files are max 1.5GB (i guess it's for more compatibility)
- include a pdf reader (optional)
- some games using DOSBox , got the lastest version integrated

i surely i missed some points

anyway if a game works properly on your system , u don't need the new installer.

but of course u need the new installer , for future patches.
Antimateria: you made those all from hat right?
There were games which are 3 gigs and.. better love it, it your's for life. ^^

Future patches indeed but I would like to know if I should bother with it or just if i download a normal thing is itr the same and how come Stonekeep those 2 orcs are so hard?

Edit2: and with hard I mean, seems impossible
er ; no no , i just read those infos in some posts :)

i guess some games have been patched too , so maybe some areas could be harder (i don't own stonekeep )

yeah there's the compatibility with win 8 too, it s quite logical after all.

and i forgot all installer have a digital signature (easy to check if the installer is corrupt or not)
low rated
Three mega even ceedees once.. I made a hat. It's true.. I know.. It is hard to believe but there was a time, oh Jesus, there was a time other than over gigs.
My goes to some people who once not once but thrice but your neck in a rubber chicken.

*why won't you die* ..said hardly Gabriel knight, the adventurer, that once so sweet blonde hair, no usually is silenced with his own hair.. That horrible person.. Like Spiderman.. Can you like to have an that kind of assfuck in your face when you are Spider-man.. Evil. that blonde hair muffled with his own tears..
Please do not shit in the update thread. The drunk thread is this way. Thank you.
Starmaker: Please do not shit in the update thread. The drunk thread is this way. Thank you.
I made it full already? And what's the deal.. you all hate me suddenly? Take it easy. come on. Wasn't my point to make your teeth all yellow. =/

Edit: infact i use that link. thank you. =)

Edit 2: I was there 10 hours ago.. now i'm puzzled
Post edited January 20, 2013 by Antimateria
grviper: Are the v2 installers reliable? I feel kinda naked without the long integrity check of v1.
For single file installers, you can check the digital signature, if it exists and is ok, integrity check has passed with your file.
For multi file installers, there is still an integrity check in place as I recall.
grviper: Are the v2 installers reliable? I feel kinda naked without the long integrity check of v1.
JMich: For single file installers, you can check the digital signature, if it exists and is ok, integrity check has passed with your file.
For multi file installers, there is still an integrity check in place as I recall.
How do you check digital signatures (on Windows 7 64 bit) and how do I know if they're in good shape?
high rated
What did just update?

Maybe your game catalog if you redeem the following code for "Avernum: The Complete Saga"

Having a beer, cheers all!

Edit to remove code.
Post edited January 20, 2013 by Dischord
Dischord: What did just update?

Maybe your game catalog if you redeem the following code for "Avernum: The Complete Saga"

ULLQ-CDVL-7WEL-2KHP

Having a beer, cheers all!
Damn, not quick enough.
+1 regardless.

EDIT: Wait, what?
It worked now.
Well, thank you very much.
I've been interested in the Avernum games for a while now.
Really liked Geneforge, so I'm hoping these'll give me the same joy. :)
Post edited January 20, 2013 by saldite
Dischord: snip
Well, tempting, but decided to not redeem. :D Thanks anyway.
triock: Well, tempting, but decided to not redeem. :D Thanks anyway.
No problem friend, nice to see you!
saldite: Damn, not quick enough.
+1 regardless.
Try couple of minutes later, is only locked for now, cause I not redeemed it. ;)
Dischord: nice to see you!
Same here. :D
Post edited January 20, 2013 by triock
saldite: Damn, not quick enough.
+1 regardless.

EDIT: Wait, what?
It worked now.
Well, thank you very much.
I've been interested in the Avernum games for a while now.
Really liked Geneforge, so I'm hoping these'll give me the same joy. :)
I checked, it showed no redemption, now it is I guess :-)

Have fun!
triock: Try couple of minutes later, is only locked for now, cause I not redeemed it. ;)
Dischord: nice to see you!
triock: Same here. :D
You know how this works better than I do!
Dischord: You know how this works better than I do!
Fast learner, I am. :D
triock: Fast learner, I am. :D
Not greedy either, as you could have grabbed it and didn't! :-)

Edit: Not that grabbing a code is greedy, in any way, but triock has earned a few lately, and he just left the code in the water, for others to feed.