Update #20: Hot Fixes!
First of all: thank you everyone for the successful DYSMANTLE full launch! If you're reading this, you probably had something to do with it! Yay!
The transition from Early Access to Full Version went better than we anticipated. Nothing blew up! (Unless you ask macOS users who had some terrible crash issues for a couple of days, but all that is fixed now. Apologies.) The game is selling pretty well, which is a nice bonus for a small indie studio like us. It also means that it makes sense for us to continue developing the game longer. It's good for everyone!
So, the first hot fix update is here. This one is pretty straightforward reaction to all the feedback and bug reports you have sent. Keep those coming! There are also a couple of smaller new things such as the options icons, but mostly this is about fixing stuff like localizations, quest phases, and audio issues.
This is the Update #20 with build number 1.0.1.x. Wonder what happened to Updates #18 and #19? They didn't have a fancy Steam announcement like this, but #18 was the Release Candidate version and #19 the Launch Version 1.0.0. So we aren't as bad at counting as people are saying. We're just bad at spelling our game names properly. But that's fyne.
Anyway, without further stalling, here's the change log... CHANGE LOG ADDED
- Option screen tab icons.
- More resolutions visible in resolution selector (Windows and macOS). CHANGED
- UI tweaks.
- Both players now sleep when sleeping at the campfire.
- Changes to numerous object parameters, such as hp, dmg threshold and drops.
- Buffed katana "DMG to monsters" parameter.
- Initial Bandage invent cost raised a bit.
- Increased Lumberjack damage vs trees.
- Removed main quest Crown phase where you needed to visit the Collapsed Road to continue.
- Changed Crown Station Tomb puzzle to a simpler one.
- Slight Tomb Guard damage reduction.
- Adjusted the 'Displaced' quest.
- Stage sounds are suppressed while playing myth tablets. FIXED
- Localizations (still some strings waiting for translation).
- Audio crash (macOS).
- Fixed material magnet and retweaked modifier.
- Numerous open world fixes to graphical glitches.
- Slight optimisation to open world.
- The quest "Displaced" now only rewards xp upon completion.
- The main quest now correctly progresses to the "link relay" phase after scanning for relays.
- Monsters are able to traverse through opened drawbridges now.
- Power attack effects should not appear anymore during normal attacks.
- Player can now press the run button down while exiting the camp fire screen.
- Fixed saving game for Windows user names with special characters.
- Audio system falls back from XAudio2 to DirectSound if early initializations fail.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused wandering enemies to get stuck on obstacles.
- "Archaeological Expedition" quest phase fixes if the player has skipped portions of it by mistake.
- Releasing a combined running/dodge button while running and changing weapon at the same time does not start dodge rolling anymore.
- Potential fix for a bug where player's falling animation keeps playing forever.
- Material slots cannot hold negative amounts anymore. Up Next
We're working on three DYSMANTLE related things at the moment: 1) fixing stuff, 2) creating new content, and 2) bringing the game to other platforms. We're optimizing our engine for some of the performantionally (it's a word) challenged platforms, and all that will eventually benefit Steam users as well.
All this will keep us busy for at least the rest of 2021, so you can start expecting new stuff in 2022 Q1. We'll likely release more of these minor patches before that though. We're hoping to add Italian localizations before Xmas too.
Hot DYSMANTLING everyone!