Hustlefan: The Signifier Updated to The Signifier - macOS - v1.03 (Galaxy & Offline Installer) and The Signifier - Windows - v1.03 (Galaxy) Changelog from Steam: New Patch!
Hi! A new patch is incoming.
- Lots of work to reduce motion sickness. Camera is stable, better responsiveness when moving, option to disable motion blur in high quality settings (forced off in low quality). This required lots of work as it affected the player and all objects.
- Fixed short stutter when initiating and finishing interaction with objects.
- Fixed compatibility issue that made some players have a black screen after the first logo. (this one was hard to find!!)
- Fixed some compatibility issues with controllers / mouse detection that could break load/save and general UI selection on a very reduced number of setups. This was really hard to reproduce and we fixed it on the setups we could reproduce it, but it might still happen in some that we can't reproduce unfortunately. Will require more testing if it keeps happening to some.
- Fixed missing impression that blocked "collector" achievement.
- Added master volume control and improved mixing in general.
- Improved memory management to avoid potential crashes. These were reported by a few users on specific setups and were reported back fixed (Thanks Borys for the crash dumps and test on testing branch!)
-Fix probable bug that if you skipped a dialogue with Laura at the laboratory you couldn't click on items later.
- Lots of minor gameplay/UX fixes that could contribute to unintended confusion (example: using timewarp from the wrong angle in dog/avatar sequence, hitbox too small or distance too short, creature kickback on unintended moment even if not looking at it, changed password "guess 3 missing digits" to "choose 3 missing digits" as it was interpreted as a random guess for some, mask Raw Data collider too small, and a big etc)
- Tweaked some variable conditions that made too hard to get some of the different dialogue branches at the end of the game.
- Made Laura's ending dialogue a bit more consistent with choices, as in some cases she would swap emotional discourse when leaving the door if some corner case conditions where met.
- Small optimizations done and clipping issues fixed
- Lots of other minor fixes!
Also, sorry for the big download! As we had to do some memory management between scenes we had to upload a lot again.
Let's keep this thread open, we'll keep our eyes open, specially in case of those compatibility issues we haven't been able to reproduce!
Thanks for your patience and we hope you're enjoying the game!
Windows offline installer now updated as well.