It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Thiev: (no special characters in install path is a feature)
Oh, I figured that was the case. I just find it irksome that now the majority of games install to a default path with a period in it, but new games cannot be installed to the same place. Just a little more work for me to keep everything organized for now, but as you update more games to the new installers I'm sure this annoyance will go away.
de_Monteynard: Is this permanent? Because so far, I've never had any problems installing GOG games into a folder using non-English characters (such as č, š, ž) and it would be unfortunate if you suddenly decided to change your existing policy.
Alphanumerical unicode characters should be OK.
And some more installer updates for Interplay games:

Conquest of the New World 1.0.1.22 -> 2.0.0.45
Evolva 1.0.2.1 -> 2.0.0.3
Fallout Tactics 1.0.1.3 -> 2.0.0.8
Giants - Citizen Kabuto 1.0.1.1 -> 2.0.0.3
Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business 1.0.1.1 -> 2.0.0.5
Sacrifice 1.0.1.1 -> 2.0.0.3

Does the new installer have a check function for his files like the old one did? I did not see one. And I think it is a bit stupid that the new one does not support periods in the path as the old one had them. This means that I'll probably have to install all games new when all installer packages are updated.

P.S. Somehow I could only post this with IE, not Firefox or Opera Mobile.
Post edited October 31, 2012 by Gabelvampir
Gabelvampir: Does the new installer have a check function for his files like the old one did? I did not see one.
If you mean the integrity check then yes, but only for games divided into few .bin files.
Gabelvampir: And I think it is a bit stupid that the new one does not support periods in the path as the old one had them.
Actually it depends - there are games that can't handle commas in install paths.

BTW I'm still waiting for people to notice few little but useful things added to the installer by popular demand :-P
Gowor: BTW I'm still waiting for people to notice few little but useful things added to the installer by popular demand :-P
Give a list to JudasIscariot and link him here. Best way to give it a little publicity ;)
Yes I meant the integrity check, thanks for the information.
And i know that some games did not like the path with a period in gog.com in it, so I agree that the new path is a better solution, although it is a little bit annoying at the moment.

And sorry for not noticing the new features, my free time the last few did go into building a last minute Halloween costume as my friends spontaniously announce a party a week ago. So i had no time to test drive the new installer.

Edit: The only new features I can see in the new installer are
1) You can click now to the ads that play while a game install to get to that games' store page.
2) Support for showing installation progress over the icon in the taskbar in Windows 7
Post edited October 31, 2012 by Gabelvampir
Kingdom and Screamer have been updated to not have the integrity check option.
Fuzzyfireball: Kingdom and Screamer have been updated to not have the integrity check option.
I haven't received an update notification for any of those, but the following games also received updated installers during the last few hours:

MDK2, Evolva, Conquest of the New World and Invictus
Fuzzyfireball: Kingdom and Screamer have been updated to not have the integrity check option.
DoctorGOGgles: I haven't received an update notification for any of those, but the following games also received updated installers during the last few hours:

MDK2, Evolva, Conquest of the New World and Invictus
If you're talking about the new installers, those ones where updated a couple days ago.
Fuzzyfireball: If you're talking about the new installers, those ones where updated a couple days ago.
Well I've downloaded all above mentioned games this Tuesday around noon (less than 48 hours ago) and they've since received updated installers, but I haven't received an update notification for them.
edit: Fallout Tactics and Earthworm Jim 3D also got updated during the last 48 hours (they have the 2.0 installers now).
Post edited November 01, 2012 by DoctorGOGgles
Seriously - all those Interplay games received updated installers ONLY - that is games are not updated/patched and there is no need to redownload it?
Post edited November 01, 2012 by tburger
tburger: Seriously - all those Interplay games received updated installers ONLY - that is games are not updated/patched and there is no need to redownload it?
For the most part it would seem folders and files are cleaned up, I noticed MDK has nGlide now, DOSBox versions updated to 0.74, new icons. No major updates, no.
Fuzzyfireball: snip
EDIT:
Nevermind my post. Thx for the info.

EDIT2:
No, after a while I came to a conclusion that adding Glide to MDK is significant change and it should be clearly stated somewhere on gog.com pages. What is this - a everlasting contest for customers "download xx GB of our updated installers and see if we changed sth?"
tburger: What is this - a everlasting contest for customers "download xx GB of our updated installers and see if we changed sth?"
Agreed. And guess what - about a week ago I finished doing a full backup of my GOG library which took half a week. You have no idea how annoying it is knowing that GOG started doing lots of undocumented changes a couple of days later. :P
Post edited November 01, 2012 by F4LL0UT
F4LL0UT: snip
Well, glad we have GOGWiki with its "Updated on GOG.com". But why sometimes gog.com fails on such simple yet important things it is beyon me.