It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Crimsonland just updated:

Patch 1.3.0 (17 January 2018)

New Quest Chapter "Phoenix Calling" with 10 new levels!
New survival mode: Waves.
Firebullet damage is now scaled based on your experience points.
Plasma overload damage scales up slightly slower.
Splitter gun now reloads 20% faster.
Plasma Shotgun reloads 20% faster.
Boss monster HP scales up faster.
Jackhammer reloads 20% faster.
Jackhammer magazine size increased to 24 (from 16).
Rocket Minigun reload time increased 20% and clip size decreased to 6, but damage and splash radius increased 20%.
Properly saving gamepad vibration option.

Windows: setup_crimsonland_1.3.0_(17941).exe - 1.3.0 - 57MB
Mac: crimsonland_enUS_1_3_0_17942.pkg - 1.3.0 - 112MB
Linux: crimsonland_en_1_3_0_17945.sh - 1.3.0 - 56MB
Post edited January 17, 2018 by korell
HypersomniacLive: I didn't know about the censorship, but what you say got me thinking - does this mean that the German ScummVM version is no longer censored, or that the English one is also censored now?
Of course I already tried that and unfortunately the German version still is heavily censored (we are missing the Nimdok Storyline completely because of the Nazi background).

HypersomniacLive: Either way, if the CD/DVD image is no longer included in either language, why did only the size of the English installer decrease?
Because the DVD Images for different languages obviously had different sizes (I know that for sure comparing German and English - with otler languages at this point it is just an assumption). Using Galxy and rollback I could check this as well.
Post edited January 17, 2018 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Of course I already tried that and unfortunately the German version still is heavily censored (we are missing the Nimdok Storyline completely because of the Nazi background). [...]
That sucks. At least you can experience the game as it's intended to in English.

MarkoH01: [...] Because the DVD Images for different languages obviously had different sizes (I know that for sure comparing German and English - with otler languages at this point it is just an assumption). Using Galxy and rollback I could check this as well.
I don't dispute that the images differ in size, but are you saying that, assuming all things equal, removing a 740MB one (English) caused an installer size drop of a little over 100MB, and removing a 540MB one (German) caused a difference of 1MB?
MarkoH01: Of course I already tried that and unfortunately the German version still is heavily censored (we are missing the Nimdok Storyline completely because of the Nazi background). [...]
HypersomniacLive: That sucks. At least you can experience the game as it's intended to in English.
Luckily for us Germans some guys made a German text patch for the game for us to play it uncensored. :)

MarkoH01: [...] Because the DVD Images for different languages obviously had different sizes (I know that for sure comparing German and English - with otler languages at this point it is just an assumption). Using Galxy and rollback I could check this as well.
HypersomniacLive: I don't dispute that the images differ in size, but are you saying that, assuming all things equal, removing a 740MB one (English) caused an installer size drop of a little over 100MB, and removing a 540MB one (German) caused a difference of 1MB?
Like promised I used Galaxy to look into another language version. I chose the Spanish one and ... surprise - there is no image included in the DosBox version here.

I just reinstalled both DosBox versions (German and English) and attached a screenshot of the sizes (the subfolders are practically identical). Like I said in the new version both games are identical in size when they are installed.

Edit: Did another screenshot German/English ScummVM - subfolder is now only ScummVM and identical.
Attachments:
dosbox.jpg (242 Kb)
scummvm.jpg (280 Kb)
Post edited January 17, 2018 by MarkoH01
There isn't much one can do about regional censorship. It is a very bad thing artistically with little to no way of remedying it due to circumstances.

It would of been nice if they would of mentioned in the changelog that they were switching to ScummVM. It really would be great to be able to run the game on either DOSbox or ScummVM and not get stuck with just the ScummVM installer. Hopefully other people that know about it still have the DOSbox installer backedup. Otherwise the people that would rather use DOSbox or actual DOS are going to get the short end.
high rated
MarkoH01: [...] Like promised I used Galaxy to look into another language version. I chose the spanish one and ... surprise - there is no image included in the DosBox version here.

I just reinstalled both DosBox versions (German and English) and attached a screenshot of the sizes (the subfolders are practically identical). Like I said in the new version both games are identical in size when they are installed.
Sorry, I can't follow any more what point you're trying to make - the Spanish installer never included the image, so remains unchanged, the German one got 540MB removed so decreased by 1MB, while the English one had 740MB removed and dropped by 103MB; either a language barrier on both sides gets in the way, or our brains must work very differently, because I don't quite see how the combined info about the English, German and Spanish DosBox version installers support that it's the mere removal of the DVD image that led to the 100MB+ decrease of the English installer size (while leaving the German one unaffected).

Anyway, I'd appreciate it if Judas would shed some light. And if it turns out you were right (even though it doesn't make sense to me), I'll give you props.

EnforcerSunWoo: [...] It really would be great to be able to run the game on either DOSbox or ScummVM and not get stuck with just the ScummVM installer. [...]
GOG could provide the "retired" one in the game extras, perhaps with an "as is/no support" condition. Wonder if it's a licensing thing that they don't.

EDIT: formatting
Post edited January 17, 2018 by HypersomniacLive
high rated
korell: Crimsonland just updated:
And this is exactly all that was left for Legacy MaGog to report today:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Crimsonland

---------------------------

Crimsonland has changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Name *FROM* gog_crimsonland_2.1.0.4.sh *TO* crimsonland_en_1_3_0_17945.sh --- Size *FROM* 152.0 MB *TO* 56.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.3 (gog-4) *TO* 1.3.0

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Name *FROM* crimsonland_en_2.0.0.9.pkg *TO* crimsonland_enUS_1_3_0_17942.pkg --- Size *FROM* 128.0 MB *TO* 112.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.3 (gog-9) *TO* 1.3.0

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Name *FROM* setup_crimsonland_2.2.0.4.exe *TO* setup_crimsonland_1.3.0_(17941).exe --- Size *FROM* 75.0 MB *TO* 57.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.3 (gog-4) *TO* 1.3.0

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.3.0 (17 January 2018)

- New Quest Chapter "Phoenix Calling" with 10 new levels!
- New survival mode: Waves.
- Firebullet damage is now scaled based on your experience points.
- Plasma overload damage scales up slightly slower.
- Splitter gun now reloads 20% faster.
- Plasma Shotgun reloads 20% faster.
- Boss monster HP scales up faster.
- Jackhammer reloads 20% faster.
- Jackhammer magazine size increased to 24 (from 16).
- Rocket Minigun reload time increased 20% and clip size decreased to 6, but damage and splash radius increased 20%.
- Properly saving gamepad vibration option.
- Added No Blood mode.
- Minor tweaks and fixes.
(Full changelog)
HypersomniacLive: Sorry, I can't follow any more what point you're trying to make - the Spanish installer never included the image, so remains unchanged, the German one got 540MB removed so decreased by 1MB, while the English one had 740MB removed and dropped by 103MB; either a language barrier on both sides gets in the way, or our brains must work very differently, because I don't quite see how the combined info about the English, German and Spanish DosBox version installers support that it's the mere removal of the DVD image that led to the 100MB+ decrease of the English installer size (while leaving the German one unaffected).
I can't tell you more than showing you the completely installed files for both versions - which I did. I don't know why the differences in the installers don't corrspond with the non installed games in the way some would expect. I never tried to do any math here I just showed you the differences between all of the installed versions.
It seems the Crimsonland dev made it a habit to not update the Humble Bundle DRM-Free versions. Time to drop them an email :-)
high rated
SpellForce 3 got an update:

Changlog for Patch 1.26 (17 January 2018):

FEATURES:
- You can now manage the equipment and abilities of ALL your heroes while in Mulandir and on the World Map (if you are loading an existing savegame in the Nexus, you may need to exit to Mulandir once in order for the party management to be unlocked)

BUG FIXES:
- Fixed an issue that would prevent a chest in Everlight: Slaugtherhouse from being opened
- Fixed inspection texts on locked chests not being displayed
- Fixed several artefact-related issues on various maps
- Fixed possible crash in mp lobby
- Fixed no auto-saves being created in campaign coop
- Fixed workers not moving in some older savegames
- Fixed carriages looking in wrong direction when leaving sector centers
- Fixed XP distribution and loot drops for sacrificed creatures
- Fixed a potential issue that would cause players to not be able to leave the Scorching Desert: Oasis
- Fixed the Quest 'Holding a Grudge' at Farlorn's hope
- Fixed an inaccessible room at the Greykeep Barracks
- Fixed an issue in Liannon that caused the Heroparty being stuck after a dialogue
- Fixed an issue where you could not talk to Silverhand on Old-Haalayash
- Fixed a questline issue at The Eye
- Fixed '47 Blemishes' Side Quest
- Fixed reinforcements being hostile on The Golden Road

GENERAL:
- Drastically reduced delay when opening campaign/pause/load/save/replay menus when the player has a lot of savegames/replays
- Added a note revealing the final digit of the combination lock in Everlight in case you don't want to guess it
- Localization update: fixed missing translations and translation errors, lots of minor improvements

BALANCING:
- Campaign: The Eye 1 balancing changes regarding encounters and combat
deleted
high rated
MarkoH01: I can't tell you more than showing you the completely installed files for both versions - which I did. I don't know why the differences in the installers don't corrspond with the non installed games in the way some would expect. I never tried to do any math here I just showed you the differences between all of the installed versions.
*sigh*

I appreciate the effort, and got that bit in your initial reply to me, however it doesn't answer my question which never was about the installed game, be it in different languages, or DosBox vs ScummVM; did I really phrase my question so badly that it's not clear I'm inquiring about the installers themselves?

So, @JudasIscariot, could you, please, clarify?
HypersomniacLive: [...]
English .iso was 777MB. Actual content on that .iso was 644 MB.
Installer size change comes from that packed vs unpacked assets difference.
high rated
Thiev: English .iso was 777MB. Actual content on that .iso was 644 MB.
Installer size change comes from that packed vs unpacked assets difference.
Thanks, I assume this means that it's not the case for other languages.

And now that you're here, would it be possible for GOG to include the DosBox versions in the extras when officially switching to ScummVM?
MarkoH01: I can't tell you more than showing you the completely installed files for both versions - which I did. I don't know why the differences in the installers don't corrspond with the non installed games in the way some would expect. I never tried to do any math here I just showed you the differences between all of the installed versions.
HypersomniacLive: *sigh*
My apologies. I never wanted to annoy you. I was hoping that telling you the things that changed in the installed version could help you. Of course I could never tell you the difference in the installers myself - I guess I just got this wrong. Sorry again.