Age of Wonders III
also got an update yesterday:
Changelog for Patch 1.800 (added 02 May 2017):
- Added new Build a Water Fortress ability. This enables embarked Builder Units to create Fortresses on water and claim water structures more easily.
- Added new Oyster Reef structure. Oyster Reef generate gold and population within your domain.
- Fixed 2 issues where units could sometimes shoot through walls and other obstacles without a line of sight penalty. So your dudes and dudettes are safe behind their walls now.
- Fixed an issue where entering combat would wipe extra move points gained from Death March. Allowing you to use Victory Rush to the fullest.
- Mind controlled/ghouled units now always have 0 move points on the world map after battle. This is intended as nerf strategies based on unit acquisition in combat.
- Mind controlled units can no longer retreat from battle. No more cheap summon stealing, sorry.
- Chaos Rift, Great Immolation and Great Stoning now warn the AI that it needs to abandon siege defense during tactical combat. Charge!!!
- If a summoned unit evolves, then the summoning spell will be cancelled, and the unit will become a normal unit with a higher mana upkeep. The mana cost is based on the typical cost to summon a unit of the unit's new tier.
- Fixed a bug in the random map generator when generating a map with teams enabled. Teams would always be generated counter-clockwise around the map, making it possible to predict the location of other teams.
- Fixed a crash when clicking the 'center' button in the 'structure captured' popup after the structure was razed.
- Fixed a crash that would sometimes occur when releasing a city or a dwelling as a vassal.
- Fixed a bug where items being couriered would remain stuck in the hero inventory when an AI hero joins by surrendering.
- Fixed a bug where AI attacked vassal city of friendly player.
- Fixed a bug where unit buffs/debuffs from global spells would sometimes vanish without any reason
- Human Crusader now has the right impact sound.
Multiplayer and PBEM
- Fixed PBEM exploits that allowed a bodged turn to be replayed through save game manipulation.
- Fixed hang in PBEM when one human player remained. Now you can end the remaining AIs rightly.
- Fixed PBEM notifaction issue for other players turn.
- Fixed PBEM issue where player was not properly notified of defeat. This prevents a dead state that has you staring at clouds.
- Fixed PBEM issue when swapping slots in setup. So the host can now safely take slot 2.
- Fixed PBEM issue when PBEM settings where changed before the session was launched. This could prevent a game from being launched, etc.
Modding and Tools
- Fixed a crash when starting a map for which the first map layer was removed in the Level Editor.
- Added mod support for charging mana to build structures and roads on the world map
Graphics and Glitches
- Fixed popups being removed when they shouldn't be. Should help when reading damage popups for spells in combat.
- Changed the ‘Reaper Scythe’ AoW Item Visualization link from a spear to the ‘Necro_Scythe’ model.
- Fixed the Imperial Hand Cannon visualization in Tactical combat.
- Assassin's Stiletto of Silent Murder now has correct weapon displayed.
Text and Localization
- Removed the obsolete 'Vanquish Evil Player' and 'Vanquish Good Player' entries in the Tome of Wonders under alignment modifiers.
- Linked text to fix empty table entries in the ToW under relation modifiers.
- Fixed an incomplete description for the goblin military level 5 race governance skill. It now also states that the relevant unit types get +5 hitpoint.
- Fixed an issue where terrain penalties would still be listed, even through they were disabled by the Bolster spell.