It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DyNaer: Does the game install SecuROM ? or not (it's hidden drivers normaly) , if not it could be just a left over entry in the registry & the copy protection is inert. It's also possible this entry is a necessity for running the game (it doesn't mean the copy protection is in place). So don't be upset if you see this in the registry, the good question is : does the copy protection is active ?

your best bet is to fill up a support ticket (or try to PM a staff member )
I did send a support ticket, but I want other people who installed GOG's Crysis 1 to check their computers just to make sure. The fact that the SecuROM entries keep reappearing even after deleting it is very disconcerting. It's like FEAR all over again...
IronArcturus: I did send a support ticket, but I want other people who installed GOG's Crysis 1 to check their computers just to make sure. The fact that the SecuROM entries keep reappearing even after deleting it is very disconcerting. It's like FEAR all over again...
Do you have the hidden drivers installed ? if not , then it's inert, the entry could just be rewritten by the executable of the game at every launch. and it doesn't mean the copy protection is running.

Yeah it could disconcerting, i don't say the contrary , anyway the support will tell if just a left over or not.

They're plenty of games after the removal of the DRM some have left over files and / or registry entries and it's totally harmless , and in some cases, its just impossible to remove those ... some users should accept this. and no i'm not pro copy-protection (i'm just realist) .

just for the record, (check the 2 sections below) , yeah it concerns Steam, but it gives you an idea what could be left over

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#Inert_DRM

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#Removed_DRM

see the deus ex: invisible war entry : looks like a similar situation (it's even linked to the specific gog's sub-forum at the bottom of the page)
Post edited November 01, 2016 by DyNaer
DyNaer: http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#Inert_DRM

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Big_List_of_3rd_Party_DRM_on_Steam#Removed_DRM

see the deus ex: invisible war entry : looks like a similar situation (it's even linked to the specific gog's sub-forum at the bottom of the page)
"its just impossible to remove those ... some users should accept this."

I completely disagree with that statement. No game should leave any kind of file or folder that cannot be deleted by the user--especially after the game is uninstalled. I argue that's the definition of malicious DRM and it doesn't belong on GOG.
IronArcturus: I completely disagree with that statement. No game should leave any kind of file or folder that cannot be deleted by the user--especially after the game is uninstalled. I argue that's the definition of malicious DRM and it doesn't belong on GOG.
i don't think you understand ;

in some cases, it's just impossible to have the game running without some entries in the registry.

it doesn't mean the copy protection is active.

trust me,; i would like the contrary. :

some games were coded with the copy protection in mind unfortunately :-(

GOG does a good job with the old DRMs, but they're some specials cases & IF you want to play such games you should either not playing such games or make a compromise , but please don't be fooled by inert DRM. In any case that's your prerogative.... i'm not forcing anyone : i just tell you "be realist" and ask yourself ? does this remaining entries will cause any problem ? (which is a pretty valid question) or it's just because "oh it's an inert malicious DRM" and it doesn't belong to GOG"..

SecuROM has multiples uninstaller (i explained this in the dedicated sub-forum) and doesn't work on W10.
Post edited November 01, 2016 by DyNaer
DyNaer: some games were coded with the copy protection in mind unfortunately :-(

GOG does a good job with the old DRMs, but they're some specials cases & IF you want to play such games you should either not playing such games or make a compromise , but please don't be fooled by inert DRM. In any case that's your prerogative.... i'm forcing anyone : i just tell you "be realist" and ask yourself ? does this remaining entries will cause any problem ? (which is a pretty valid question) or it's just because "oh it's an inert malicious DRM" and it doesn't belong to GOG"..

SecuROM has an multiples uninstaller (i explained this in the dedicated sub-forum) and doesn't work on W10.
Well I still hope GOG can fix Crysis 1. Apparenty Crysis Warhead was having a similar issue as well. It was the rewriting of the Registry that drew my attention. If GOG has the source code they could make a small change in the game so it doesn't need to keep rewriting SecuROM back into the Registry over and over. I just hope it's not secretly installing any other part of SecuROM on the computer--this is why I need more people on GOG to look this issue over.
IronArcturus: If GOG has the source code [...]
We don't. We never do. And all Crysis is doing is creating an empty entry - which won't be fixed because there is nothing to fix.
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 31 October:

[Part 1 of 3]

---------------------------

Curious Expedition, The has probably changed

>>> Supported languages changed *FROM* Text only: English *TO* Text only: German, English

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- File size *FROM* 163.0 MB *TO* 155.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.4 (gog-17) *TO* 1.1.0.1 (gog-18)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (74.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0.0.4 (gog-16) *TO* 1.1.0.1 (gog-17)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.1.0.1 (31 October 2016)

- This update is for the Windows & Linux version of the game. The OS X version will be updated as soon as possible.

Support for translations

- Added full German translation of the game
- You can add more translations by following the intructions in the langs folder
- You may use http://forums.maschinen-mensch.com/viewforum.php?f=9 to announce new translations

Performance

- There should be considerably less frame drops while traveling over the map now.
- Also better performance in general.
- Added various new custom explorers

Tuning

- Polyglot perk removes standing cost for resting in villages, but it does not give sanity bonus anymore
- Increased chance of negative loyalty impact when ignoring joke night event
Tome page of random teleportation now only teleports to reachable areas

Bugfixes

- Volcano shrine aftermath effect would most often not trigger properly
- Fixed everybody becoming angry during sexist night event
- Fixed being able to trigger invalid tutorial actions using keyboard shortcuts
- Added proper icon for purple mushrooms
- Fixed gun kill night event was triggered even when player had no gun in inventory
- Fixed villages only having male inhabitants
- Simplified savegame creation, will not try to use the SavedGames folder in windows anymore and simply prefer the Documents folder instead
- Fixed exploit of being able to get negative travel costs
- Player progress was only stored when starting a new map, but not when finishing a map, resulting in potential progress loss of found item stats
- Triumph music volume is now controlled by music volume slider instead of sound volume slider
- Fixed various typos
(Full changelog)

Death Road to Canada has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (45.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-3

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- File size *FROM* 57.0 MB *TO* 48.0 MB --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (52.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

[CHANGELOG ADDED]
Halloween Update (31 October 2016)

- Cats are in. Evolutionary pressure in the apocalypse has caused them to revert back to something like a mountain lion. They're big and angry.
- Couple different ways to get cats recuirted to your team. They'll always be very rare, but we may add more ways to get them later.
- Special events for cats. Despair, car driving, and more.
- Cats don't give two poops about Canada or driving cars (pardon my French).
- Cats can't become Superdogs in the usual sense.
- Future support for more pet types. Currently in as failsafes, like if someone decides to try to make a pet mod.

- Losing a character in a CYOA event will now cause that character's weapons to drop into the trunk automatically!
- There are some events that will still eat cause you to lose your weapons, so beware. This mostly includes events where you're betrayed, or events where someone is completely obliterated off the face of the earth.
- Wielded weapon will drop to the trunk first. It will overwrite your trash slot if the trunk is completely full. If trunk is full, extra weapons will be lost.
- "No drop" weapons won't end up in the trunk. No getting L*NK's sword, for example.

- Halloween weirdness if you play the game tomorrow.
- Vampires like in the Twilight novels.
- Mummies? I don't know.
- Dancing skeletons.
- Death itself.
- Fancy new megaweapon.
- New graveyard location!
- New TERRIFYING trader in trader camps.
- New rare city building with the Would You Kindly stream team, based on the results of the Death Road to Canada pre-launch race that they utterly failed at.
- Some characters can float or even fly now.
- Improved broom type.

- New Scythe weapon, somewhere in between a machete and knight sword in the weapon tiers.
- Currently the scythe can be obtained a couple of ways in the existing farmer help event. We will add a couple more ways to get it in the next content update.

- Some NPC wandering behavior fixes.
- Starting food changed so that the Ultrafit food bonus finally works.
- Functionality added for checking if your current weapons could bash a door in, for events.
- Fixed a particle effect glitch.
- Greatly expanded the event handler for characters, allowing for fancier special abilities.
(Full changelog)

Desperados 2: Cooper's Revenge has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* Windows XP or Windows Vista, 1.9 GHz Processor, 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), 128MB 3D graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and T&L, 4 GB HDD, Mouse, Keyboard *TO* Windows XP or Windows Vista, Processor: 1.9 GHz, Memory: 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended), Graphics: 128MB 3D graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and T&L, Hard drive space: 4 GB, Mouse, Keyboard, Notice: AMD/ATI graphics cards are NOT supported

Kim has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- File size *FROM* 235.0 MB *TO* 201.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.0 (gog-24) *TO* 1.0.2 (gog-7266)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (170.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.0 (gog-25) *TO* 1.0.2 (gog-26)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.0.2 (31 October 2016)

- Fixed occasional failure of certain achievements to unlock
- Inconsistent rounding fixed, numbers ending in .5 are now always rounded up
- Houses will never keep their lights on during the day
- Removed extra page visible when viewing the Scores list after immediately after the tutorial
- Your latest score will always be shown when opening Scores
- Lightning now always displays correctly
(Full changelog)

(If somebody is reading this, I'd appreciate a thread bump so I can post the two remaining parts right away and go to bed. Thanks!)
Thiev: We don't. We never do. And all Crysis is doing is creating an empty entry - which won't be fixed because there is nothing to fix.
So Crysis 1 is basically just creating a dummy file? It's not creating any other SecuROM files on the computer?
high rated
IronArcturus: ...
Intentional or not, I appreciate the bump. Thanks! :)

[Part 2 of 3]

Obduction® has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- File size *FROM* 29.0 MB *TO* 28.0 MB --- Version *FROM* 1.2.0 (gog-6) *TO* 1.3.3 (gog-7)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.2.0 (gog-6) *TO* 1.3.3 (gog-7)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size has not changed (1.5 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.2.0 (gog-6) *TO* 1.3.3 (gog-7)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.3.3 (31 October 2016)
Brand new features!

- Oculus Rift VR headset support:
- VR version for Oculus Rift. Support for Oculus Remote and wide range of game controllers.
- nVidia Ansel and HDR Support:
- Also being added is NVIDIA HDR support and NVIDIA Ansel, which allows players to capture stunning 3D 360 panoramic screenshots in super resolution, customizable with post-process filters and shareable with friends. Details on how to view the screenshots can be found on the NVIDIA GeForce blog.
- Razer Chroma support:

- We are excited to announce that we have added support for Chroma-enabled products made by Razer into Obduction. If you own a Chroma-enabled mouse, mousepad, keyboard, or headset, you will notice that Obduction now lights up those peripherals according to events in the game. We have added the following Chroma effects to Obduction (minor spoilers ahead):

- Idling cyan + black breathing effect when in main menu
- Breathing effect between two prominent colors in the current world
- Linking effect between worlds (keyboard only)
- Picture-taking flash effect

- (If you have chroma-enabled peripherals and want to turn them off, open the GameUserSettings.ini file and change the value of bIsKeyboardLightingEnabled to "false" and restart the game. Options for this in-game will be coming in a future update.)

ART

- Millions of fixes and improvements to loading zones. This should help improve loading hitches in all areas.
- Fixes for license plates at different graphics settings/resolutions
- Marker signs should now be much easier to read at lower resolutions
- Eric knocked over a gravestone. That's bad luck Eric.
- Fix for the grills on the seed machine only being clickable on the top handle portion instead of the whole grill.
- Lots of little improvements and optimizations to art in Hunrath
- Improvements and optimizations to art in Kaptar
- Improvements and optimizations to fog and smoke effects on low quality settings
- fixes to video playback in Maray
- Fixes for some doors closing at the wrong time under some conditions in Maray
- Many fixes for various control panels

UI

- Fix for Back Button functionality in the menu not working.
- Better support for gamepad in photo viewer
- Fix for language changes not saving correctly under certain conditions
- Fix for "Load" text not fitting in the text area on the load screen for multiple languages.
- Increased scale of the surrounding box to allow for longer words to be shown.
- Fix for Delete and Copy dialogs not being localized correctly in Save Game Menu
- Misc fixes for localization issues
- Can now traverse through photo albums with keys.
- A dialog box pops up notifying the user when they are attempting to copy a game but already have 10 save games.

Technical things

- More nodes, node fixes, etc
- Auto Detect graphics on Startup.
- Fix for ViewDistanceQuality settings.
- Fixes for issues with entering and exiting the mine cart in both free roam and point-n-click
- Gamepad input adjustments

Audio

- Adjusted volume levels on some levers and doors in Hunrath
test
(Full changelog)

Owlboy [Upcoming] has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File removed: DLC: Soundtrack: soundtrack

* File added: DLC: Soundtrack: soundtrack (FLAC) --- File size: 547.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

* File added: DLC: Soundtrack: soundtrack (MP3) --- File size: 178.0 MB --- Version: [empty]

[NO CHANGELOG]

Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun [Upcoming] has probably changed

>>> System requirements for Windows changed *FROM* 7 / 8 / 10, Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K 3GHz, Memory: 8 GB RAM, Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti, Storage: 4 GB available space, Additional Notes: WARNING! THESE ARE PRELIMINARY SPECS, STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGES! *TO* 7 / 8 / 10 (64-bit), Processor: Intel i3 2nd-Generation 2.5GHz, AMD Quad-Core 2.5GHz, Memory: 4 GB RAM, Graphics: Nvidia GT640, AMD Radeon HD7750, 1GB VRAM, Storage: 13 GB available space, DirectX version: 10, Sound card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers, Additional Notes: WARNING! THESE ARE PRELIMINARY SPECS, STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGES!, Recommended system requirements: 7 / 8 / 10 (64-bit), Processor: Intel i3 4th-Generation 3.5GHz, AMD Quad-Core 3.9GHz, Memory: 6GB RAM, Graphics: Nvidia GTX 570, AMD Radeon HD 6950, 2GB VRAM, Storage: 13 GB, DirectX version: 11, Sound card: DirectX 9.0c Compatible Sound Card with Latest Drivers, Additional Notes: WARNING! THESE ARE PRELIMINARY SPECS, STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGES!

Tales of Maj'Eyal has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: DLC: Ashes of Urh'Rok: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name *FROM* dlc_tales_of_majeyal_ashes_of_urhrok_dlc_2.11.0.75.pkg *TO* dlc_tales_of_majeyal_ashes_of_urhrok_dlc_2.12.0.76.pkg --- Size has not changed (29.4 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:19:22 GMT *TO* Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:20:37 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.0.5 (gog-75) *TO* 1.0.5 (gog-76)

* File changed: DLC: Embers of Rage: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name *FROM* dlc_tales_of_majeyal_embers_of_rage_dlc_2.11.0.75.pkg *TO* dlc_tales_of_majeyal_embers_of_rage_dlc_2.12.0.76.pkg --- Size has not changed (153.2 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:19:33 GMT *TO* Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:20:45 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.0.3 (gog-75) *TO* 1.0.3 (gog-76)

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- File name *FROM* gog_tales_of_maj_eyal_2.12.0.15.sh *TO* gog_tales_of_maj_eyal_2.13.0.16.sh --- File size *FROM* 748.5 MB *TO* 1.4 GB --- Date *FROM* Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:19:08 GMT *TO* Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:15:21 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.4.8 (gog-15) *TO* 1.4.9 (gog-16)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- File name *FROM* tales_of_majeyal_2.11.0.75.pkg *TO* tales_of_majeyal_en_2.12.0.76.pkg --- Size has not changed (383.3 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:19:41 GMT *TO* Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:21:02 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.4.8 (gog-75) *TO* 1.4.9 (gog-76)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name *FROM* setup_tales_of_majeyal_2.11.0.13.exe *TO* setup_tales_of_majeyal_2.12.0.14.exe --- File size *FROM* 354.6 MB *TO* 354.5 MB --- Date *FROM* Wed 15 Jun 2016 17:17:54 GMT *TO* Mon 31 Oct 2016 13:12:36 GMT --- Version *FROM* 1.4.8 (gog-13) *TO* 1.4.9 (gog-14)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.4.9 (31 October 2016)
Release highlights:

- Security fixes. This should have no impact on your gameplay obviously, but if you notice something strange please report it ASAP, some things may have been too restricted with regards to addons.

Expanded changelist:

- Write path can be (and is) now restricted to certain game related folders at birth, any others will generate an error
- OS functions to access disk and processes are now unaccessible
- Particles lua threads cant access OS functions anymore
- Fixed multiplying npcs so that they do not act upon splitting
- Bone Shield displays current and max charges on the icon
(Full changelog)

(A further bump would also be appreciated...)
*cough*
high rated
darkangelz: *cough*
And thanks to you to! ^_^

[Part 3 of 3]

Zombie Night Terror has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- File size *FROM* 518.0 MB *TO* 519.0 MB --- Version *FROM* Patch 2 (gog-1) *TO* 1.1 (gog-2)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- File size *FROM* 530.0 MB *TO* 532.0 MB --- Version *FROM* Patch 2 hotfix (gog-7) *TO* 1.1 (gog-8)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File size *FROM* 601.0 MB *TO* 603.0 MB --- Version *FROM* Patch 2 (gog-5) *TO* 1.1 (gog-6)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.1 (31 October 2016)
Improvements:

- Improved jump preview to take zombie sizes into account & added an icon to preview death from high jumps
- Improved spit preview to avoid it from being blocked by stairs when the spit projectile can go through
- Added a notifications when the challenge is completed or failed before level completion
- Levels now wait for a challenge to be completed before displaying the end screen
- Levels now autocomplete when there is no more zombies present and objectives is complete
- Escape key can now be used to close menus, popups & tutorial screens
- Credits can now be skipped & won't close automatically
- Improve decors across all levels
- Improved run in background option, now works properly in full screen
- Added an option to limit frame rate, (default: 120 fps, min: 60 fps)
- Added an option to skip levels intro (cutscenes & tutorials)
- Added colorblind settings
- Added brightness and gamma settings
- Slightly increased bloom and grain to be more visible

Fixes:

- Added some invisible boundaries to levels to prevent characters from leaving the game area
- Fixed main menu tool-tips
- Fixed tool-tips appearing during cut-scenes
- Fixed tank stuck when mutating it while decelerating
- Fixed invalid overlord orientation after cancelling spit
- Fixed crawler run while playing start climb after a jump
- Fixed crawler able to climb out through doors
- Fixed crawler attack loop when jumping out of a vent shaft
- Fixed door being opened & closed instantly by a human when stating fleeing
- Reduced some glitches when placing 2 overlords too close from one another in opposite directions
- Fixed incorrect filtering with some tutorial icons, resulting in blurry icons
- Fixed start alert animations not playing
- Fixed pushed characters not playing fall animations
- Fixed some character playing damage animation while moving
- Fixed bonus barrel physic settings, they now rebound when hitting a surface
- Fixed a crash when accessing settings while in a level
- Allowed multiple game instances, this should fix Chrome preventing the game from launching on Linux
- Fixed some resolution issues, the game should not change resolution when opening settings anymore
- Fixed some characters being pushed back by some explosions and physic objects
- Fixed humans facing zombies behind them when attacking someone in front of them
- Fixed Tank unable to break some wall parts in rare conditions

Levels:

- Fixed Terror in The Elevator first generator wires not assigned to the correct target
- Fixed Prison Break indestructible door being closed by a cop, preventing zombies to go through
- Fixed an exploit in The Living Horde allowing an easy way to complete the level
- Replaced stairs platforms by water in Railway to Hell
- Reworked & fix boss 4 part 1 to reduce tank attack exploit
- Added an animation in boss 4 part 2 to hint which body part the player needs to attack
- Tweaked Fast & Ravenous to be easier & fixed car sprite sometimes replaced by the lawn mower
- Fixed a bug in Stadium Massacre allowing zombies to go in human spawn zones
- Fixed a visual glitch in Murderous Cortege pool
- Added a missing decor & improved secret room lighting in Pitch Black

Balance:

- Reworked character damage model to be more predictable (no more random) & reduce some human damages
- Tweaked some chapter 4 levels to slightly reduce difficulty
- Tweaked some characters timing in Deadlock, it should be easier to get from the barn to the main building
- Reduce the Sniper rate of fire by 20% (doesn't affect "This is not The End" level)
- Slightly reduced Bouncer's HP, normal zombies will need one less hit to kill him
- Increased Tank spit damage radius
- Slightly Increased Boss 1 damages
- Boss 2 is now more reactive when hit multiple times in a row
(Full changelog)

And to hit the sack I go! Have a good night... mare. :P
Thiev: We don't. We never do. And all Crysis is doing is creating an empty entry - which won't be fixed because there is nothing to fix.
Do you have the code for the games which you bought, like Pacific General and Fantasy General? If yes, did you compile them or not because of old code vs. newer compilers?
The-Business: Do you have the code for the games which you bought, like Pacific General and Fantasy General? If yes, did you compile them or not because of old code vs. newer compilers?
I already said too much and tomorrow will be a hell to pay, so I'm sorry but I'm leaving topic as it is.
I know about nothing.
The-Business: Do you have the code for the games which you bought, like Pacific General and Fantasy General? If yes, did you compile them or not because of old code vs. newer compilers?
Many old codes could not be compiled smoothly in new toolchain/compiler.
Even if they could, finding new bugs and debugging will be very difficult.

Keep the old published binary code is much much more reasonable.
Post edited November 01, 2016 by kbnrylaec