It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ZaineH: I've been meaning to get TRI. Its nice to know it still gets updates.

Thanks again to all who help maintain this thread!
cecil: IMHO Tri is worth a try ;-) I really like the soundtrack [sadly gog lacks special edition option though]
I didn't even like the game, maybe I should Tri again.
skeletonbow: Ouch, sorry to hear that. :) That you're gaming on a laptop that is, not the Intel part. :oP
apparition: For a good few years I had a laptop that was far superior to my desktop for gaming. I loved that thing! It was great because I was able to lend it to my girlfriend so she could play games while I was busy.
In general, though, the cards in laptops aren't as well supported, so I sometimes had issues with that. :(
Aye, stuff with the videocard not being detected, using the onboard stuff instead etc.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by omega64
omega64: Aye, stuff with the videocard not being detected, using the onboard stuff instead etc.
The tiny screens on laptops would drive me batty with video games for the most part. It depends on the type of game too I suppose. I have a utility laptop but I'd never game on it. If I were to buy a laptop I'd want one with the largest screen available as I'm not a fan of miniature things overall. Go big or go home is my motto. :)
No updates today so far, only new games.

From MaGog's logs for 30 September:

---------------------------

A game has probably been added: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons

A game has probably been added: Last Leviathan, The [In Dev]

A game has probably been added: Masquerada: Songs and Shadows [Upcoming]
skeletonbow: Aaaand.... still no word from GOG on the details of what changed in the last Witcher 3 1.31 to 1.31 update. Looks like they're leaving it to us to figure out with innoextract. <sigh>
That is easy to explain. They simply changed the language pack handling. The language pack now contains languages for ALL game parts (meaning base and both expansions) so in order to have the language available in the expansions the only language pack now has to be installed at last. Afaik thex didn't change anything game specific - that is probably why the version no has not changed.
omega64: Aye, stuff with the videocard not being detected, using the onboard stuff instead etc.
skeletonbow: The tiny screens on laptops would drive me batty with video games for the most part. It depends on the type of game too I suppose. I have a utility laptop but I'd never game on it. If I were to buy a laptop I'd want one with the largest screen available as I'm not a fan of miniature things overall. Go big or go home is my motto. :)
I definitely depends on the type of game.

My OpenPandora (Nintendo DS-sized pocket laptop) has a tiny little 5" 800x480 screen... but that's perfect for console-esque games, like Cave Story (via NXEngine) or Commander Keen or Challenge of the Ancient Empires or Jetpack or the various SEGA Genesis/Megadrive games I dumped from the classics packs I bought on DotEmu.

It's hard to upscale those comfortably on a big monitor and even my the 19" 1280x1024 LCDs on my desktop are difficult to find a good upscaler for when I'm sitting this close.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by ssokolow
MarkoH01: That is easy to explain. They simply changed the language pack handling. The language pack now contains languages for ALL game parts (meaning base and both expansions) so in order to have the language available in the expansions the only language pack now has to be installed at last. Afaik thex didn't change anything game specific - that is probably why the version no has not changed.
Well, I see that they removed the separate language packs, but what makes no sense is that one of the two expansion packs got significantly larger, and the other expansion pack got significantly smaller at the same time. I just want to hear some kind of official explanation directly from GOG for why that happened. I'm not accusing them of anything or anything like that, I just want to understand what was present in the expansion that shrunk by almost a gigabyte that was considered removable. Was it a gigabyte of temp files that someone accidentally left in a previous build, or was it language files which were duplicated and they removed some duplication, or something else. At the moment all we know for sure is that the separate language packs were removed, and various people believe that the increase in size of the one expansion is because they included that into the expansion itself, but there is no official verification of that, and no explanation at all for why the other language pack shrunk.

Aside from that, there is no changelog about any of it, and the package version never changed. Additionally there are a few people who said they installed it and encountered problems with the game that they did not encounter with the prior build that had the exact same version number, so I'm nervous to download a possibly broken version of the game that is missing one gigabyte from an expansion pack with zero explanation as to why, which some people are saying is causing problems for them.

If the changes are truly minor in nature and easy to understand, all they need to do is probably make a 4 line post here in the forums explaining it and all is good. I mean, I trust there are good reasons for it all, I just would like to know what they are and hear it right from them directly. Any of us can guess and make assumptions, and we might be right, but we might be wrong also, and we might be missing details and the details might matter.
Titan Quest Anniversary Edition has been updated:

Patch 1.31 (26 September 2016)

Added support for Borderless window mode. Use -borderless as command line parameter
Added more detailed crash reporting
Reduced amount of files and size for save games by 80%. Steam cloud should work much faster now,
Fixed possible startup crash related to missing system fonts
Fixed bug in "Double Standard" achievement
Fixed "xtagMenuError1" when using Editor
Improved some deatils in european languages
Fixed chinese Onslaught description
Bigger UI for 3k resolutions when using High scale option
Fixed bug, where actual server name could be different than the one displayed while creating a game.
Fixed bug, where Eye of Chaos was not dropping when game speed was above normal
Creeping Slimes now absorb 75% Piercing Damage rather than having 80% Resistance
Fixed residual poison resistances on Undead
Gorgon Queens flee less and move at increased speed when they do
Gorgon Queen Stheno occasionally charges
Lowered Elemental Resistance on Bandari
Lowered Mana Regeneration on Alastor
Tweaked Alastor AI
Changed Typhon's Life/Mana Leech skills to not hit behind him
Changed Typhon's fire breath to use a wave effect
Improved effect on Typhon's poison bolt and added a 1m explosion radius
Halved Bleeding Duration on Yaoguai's individual Gore combo hits
Lowered Sickle of Kronos level requirement to 73
Added a new type of wraith
Fixed missing sound on Sepulchral Wyrms' new fire breath
Lowered volume of Battle Rage activation
Tweaked Limos life stealing range
Circle of Power now also grants +100% to Bleeding Damage
Reduced cast range of Herbalism
Increased cast range of Lay Trap
Minkah (Shadow Stalker Hero) does not teleport quite as much
Vince is now a champion rather than a quest monster and casts more often
Boar Riders have a chance to drop Boar's Hide
Boar's Hide now grants only half as much armor but 10%/20%/30% Bleeding Resistance
Suffix "of the Wilds" now also grants 24% Bleeding Resistance
Fixed some element resistances being too low on high level amulets
Amulets can now drop with Poison Resistance prefixes
Added new Relic: Aegis of Athena (Vitality and Petrification Resistance for Shields)
Increased Vitality Resistance on Crystal of Erebus charms
Numerous Relics and Charms can now get Vitality and Bleeding Resistance completion bonuses
Increased Epic/Legendary XP bonus to 12% and 25%

Got to love the Steam cloud improvements.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by Grargar
Grargar: Titan Quest Anniversary Edition has been updated:
I also got the flag. Because of the 26 September I was curious if it's a red flag mistake or just a wrong date. Regarding this post the patch was already released four days ago, but I don't remember that I got a flag back then. So yeah, seems that some of us got informed later.

Patch 1.31 (26 September 2016)
Cool, it's all caught up to The Witcher 3 now. :)

Grargar: Got to love the Steam cloud improvements.
Hehe, I would imagine that they are using a single code base, and the changelog pertains to the entire codebase and not a binary build intended for one single distribution platform. :)
DukeNukemForever: I also got the flag. Because of the 26 September I was curious if it's a red flag mistake or just a wrong date. Regarding this post the patch was already released four days ago, but I don't remember that I got a flag back then. So yeah, seems that some of us got informed later.
Oh well...
And again, no patch for Titan Quest, gotta download the whole thing.

Hey GOG,

Fuck You!

I joined this place because I don't have the bandwidth to use other distributors. I buy over 800 of their games, I continue to curse anyone out who speaks ill of them or considers shopping elsewhere, and how do they thank me? They fuck me!

In order to download this again I need to buy an extra 5GB or bandwidth which is going to cost me $32, so now Titan Quest has become a $40 game.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by tinyE
DukeNukemForever: I also got the flag. Because of the 26 September I was curious if it's a red flag mistake or just a wrong date. Regarding this post the patch was already released four days ago, but I don't remember that I got a flag back then. So yeah, seems that some of us got informed later.
Grargar: Oh well...
Gimme 4 hours and I'll be able to tell you whether the update flag was legit (i.e. some file has actually changed) or not (i.e. Judas' fingers slipped). :P
tinyE: And again, no patch for Titan Quest, gotta download the whole thing.

Hey GOG,

Fuck You!

I joined this place because I don't have the bandwidth to use other distributors. I buy over 800 of their games, I continue to curse anyone out who speaks ill of them or considers shopping elsewhere, and how do they thank me? They fuck me!

In order to download this again I need to buy an extra 5GB or bandwidth which is going to cost me $32, so now Titan Quest has become a $40 game.
Patches would be nice, that's true. In your case with limited bandwith I would recommend the oldskool way - update only if there is a gamebreaking bug. As long as there are only minor improvements and the game is playable, it's not worth the money. Also you can bet the next update is around the corner. That's unfortunately the good and bad thing about new releases.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by DukeNukemForever
skeletonbow: Well, I see that they removed the separate language packs, but what makes no sense is that one of the two expansion packs got significantly larger, and the other expansion pack got significantly smaller at the same time.
The latter would make sense if the expansion which got smaller would be heart of stone since this contained the language pack before the update. But I agree that I cannot see the logic in the fact that the other expansion has become even bigger.

Of course I also do agree that GOG should simply tell us what they changed.

Got to love the Steam cloud improvements.
I am still excited about all the achievements of the game we can enjoy on GOG because we have Galaxy ... oh, wait - we cannot. Whatever the reason.
skeletonbow: Hehe, I would imagine that they are using a single code base, and the changelog pertains to the entire codebase and not a binary build intended for one single distribution platform. :)
An here I am thinking that it is just lazy copy and paste (without actually reading the content) working. Wouldn't have guessed that the reason for this are so technical - shame on me ;)
tinyE: And again, no patch for Titan Quest, gotta download the whole thing.

Hey GOG,

Fuck You!

Oh TinyE, haven't you realized yet that all you'll have to do is to use the absolute totally OPTIONAL (because GOG hates to force you to anything) great but often broken and slow Galxy Client?
Post edited September 30, 2016 by MarkoH01
Seems to have been updated again, yesterday.

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post14467 Post: 14467
This post talk about GOG-6 archive.
Now, direct download links are related to 1.31 TXT GOG-7 archive, , digitaly signed on 29th.
Post edited September 30, 2016 by ggzx12