It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
skeletonbow: My only real concern is when something changes in a way that is not documented or explained somewhere to find out explicitly what the changes are and potentially why. Not to judge it, but rather to understand to be able to justify whether or not to re-download new backups. Also, to ensure that an accidental change didn't happen to which they didn't intend.
You'll love this updates report, then. :P

From MaGog's logs for 24 September:

---------------------------

A game has probably been added: Space Rogue Soundtrack [DLC]

A game has probably been added: Vikings - Wolves of Midgard [Upcoming]

Freedom Planet has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name has not changed (setup_freedom_planet_2.4.0.5.exe) --- Size has not changed (319.9 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 13 Apr 2016 16:10:23 GMT *TO* Fri 23 Sep 2016 14:30:39 GMT --- Version has not changed (1.21.4 (gog-5))

[NO CHANGELOG]

Zenith has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (33.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size has not changed (2.3 GB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

[NO CHANGELOG]
high rated
MarkoH01: Because of the (again) missing update flag for W3 did titally miss this but I looked at my library and obviously they now integrated the language packs from Blood and Wine into the expansion the way it already was with Hearts of Stone. Still the base game needs the additional language pack. A little step further towards the GOTY release in which you don't need any language pack or expansion to install at all. Unfortunately CDPR does not seem to care a bit and is ignoring all my questions and requests to update this to GOTY if you already own all content. 360 votes on the wishlist but no reaction. Seems like this whole wishlist is not worth anything.
oh you will "love" the answers i got from CDPR's support :

first answer :

"I'm sorry but we're the developer of the game, and we don't have any influence over the game installers, and how are they listed on gog.com

However I advise installing the game not via installers, but via gog galaxy, this way the game will install and patch itself without any problems."

i mentioned your inquiry & answer you got , the whishlist entry, the post from Thiev, Galaxy is still in beta stage & optional etc...

second answer :

"I'm sorry that I can't give you more information, but one thing that I can say is that differences between GOTY and early versions are caused because not all people who bought the early version, bought all or one of the expansions. If we'd create an unified installer for early buyers all of those people wouldn't be able to patch the game to newest version."

i proposed an alternative ; exchanging the base game + expansion pass to the goty version for those who requesting this (basically a switch to one version to another).

third answer :

"I've asked around and only information that I can give you is that from my information there won't be any changes to patching/installation process in first or goty editions."

to sum up, they wash their hands of the situation ; for them the only responsible is GOG -_- and didn't provided any answer to my suggestion...sigh....
Post edited September 24, 2016 by DyNaer
skeletonbow: My only real concern is when something changes in a way that is not documented or explained somewhere to find out explicitly what the changes are and potentially why. Not to judge it, but rather to understand to be able to justify whether or not to re-download new backups. Also, to ensure that an accidental change didn't happen to which they didn't intend.
muntdefems: You'll love this updates report, then. :P

From MaGog's logs for 24 September:
<snip>
Fortunately, I don't own any of those. :oP
high rated
DyNaer: snip
That is such a shame. Basically it would be so easy. They could simply add the GOTY release to the library for everyone who already owns base and all expansion packs. They did suich things in the past so it being impossible or difficult would be a flat out lie. What really annoys me here is that CDPR said that GOG is responsible and GOG said that CDPR is responsible. This is even more annoying knowing that GOG is a subsidary of CDPR.

In the end somebody is lying here and for me this means that W3 was the last CDPR game I bought at full price. I really don't understand GOG here. Being a DRM-free platform THEY of all people should know that people who really want the GOTY release will get it one way or another. But instead of showing respect for all the early buyers they kick their customers in the face. Sad politics - we'll see how this will influence how much I buy here in the future...
Post edited September 24, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: Because of the (again) missing update flag for W3 did titally miss this but I looked at my library and obviously they now integrated the language packs from Blood and Wine into the expansion the way it already was with Hearts of Stone. Still the base game needs the additional language pack. A little step further towards the GOTY release in which you don't need any language pack or expansion to install at all. Unfortunately CDPR does not seem to care a bit and is ignoring all my questions and requests to update this to GOTY if you already own all content. 360 votes on the wishlist but no reaction. Seems like this whole wishlist is not worth anything.
skeletonbow: If you look closely, the one expansion shrunk significantly, while the other one grew substantially. They may have somehow integrated language packs into the main installers but it doesn't make a lot of sense to me for the DLC to shrink so massively if they are adding additional language support. Personally I never download language packs or language specific backups as I'll never use them, but it doesn't bother me much at all if they incorporate all that stuff into main installers. Sucks to waste some disk space for something I'll never use, but it's not a huge deal to me at all.

My only real concern is when something changes in a way that is not documented or explained somewhere to find out explicitly what the changes are and potentially why. Not to judge it, but rather to understand to be able to justify whether or not to re-download new backups. Also, to ensure that an accidental change didn't happen to which they didn't intend.

It does make some sense to me if they integrate the language packs into the main installers though, as that makes it less hassle for people who need/want/use other languages, which is probably a lot of people so it's not unreasonable to integrate it. Still, it would be nice to get an official GOG explanation of the changes whether it is terse or more detailed (preferred) just because more info is better than less info. :)
It seems as if the newest update broke additional languages for Blood and Wine:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_break_thread_20/post350
Edit: and to make the mess complete - the old language pack does not work anymore. Kudos, GOG! :(
Post edited September 24, 2016 by MarkoH01
high rated
MarkoH01: That is such a shame. Basically it would be so easy. They could simply add the GOTY release to the library for everyone who already owns base and all expansion packs. They did suich things in the past so it being impossible or difficult would be a flat out lie. What really annoys me here is that CDPR said that GOG is responsible and GOG said that CDPR is responsible. This is even more annoying knowing that GOG is a subsidary of CDPR.

In the end somebody is lying here and for me this means that W3 was the last CDPR game I bought at full price. I really don't understand GOG here. Being a DRM-free platform THEY of all people should know that people who really want the GOTY release will get it one way or another. But instead of showing respect for all the early buyers they kick their customers in the face. Sad politics - we'll see how this will influence how much I buy here in the future...
I will try my luck with GOG's support, since now i have some answers from CDRP, and obviously one of the party is lying here (probably not intentionally). I still don't really understand what's the problem with CDRP; it's in their best interest to not mess up with GOG's customers, since they receive a good chunk of the money from GOG's sales.
MarkoH01: That is such a shame. Basically it would be so easy. They could simply add the GOTY release to the library for everyone who already owns base and all expansion packs. They did suich things in the past so it being impossible or difficult would be a flat out lie. What really annoys me here is that CDPR said that GOG is responsible and GOG said that CDPR is responsible. This is even more annoying knowing that GOG is a subsidary of CDPR.

DyNaer: I will try my luck with GOG's support, since now i have some answers from CDRP, and obviously one of the party is lying here (probably not intentionally). I still don't really understand what's the problem with CDRP; it's in their best interest to not mess up with GOG's customers, since they receive a good chunk of the money from GOG's sales.
I could not agree more. Good luck!
high rated
muntdefems: [...]

Freedom Planet has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- File name has not changed (setup_freedom_planet_2.4.0.5.exe) --- Size has not changed (319.9 MB) --- Date *FROM* Wed 13 Apr 2016 16:10:23 GMT *TO* Fri 23 Sep 2016 14:30:39 GMT --- Version has not changed (1.21.4 (gog-5))

[NO CHANGELOG]

Zenith has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 2) --- Size has not changed (33.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 2) --- Size has not changed (2.3 GB) --- Version *FROM* gog-1 *TO* gog-2

[NO CHANGELOG]
I thought perhaps these are another case of late updates to standalone installers with the changelog having been added earlier, but it's not.

@Judas, a word on what these are about?

And TW3 situation is steadily becoming a big fat mess. Got to love the constant bouncing of the ball between courts.
DyNaer: to sum up, they wash their hands of the situation ; for them the only responsible is GOG -_- and didn't provided any answer to my suggestion...sigh....
This sort of BS is one of several reasons why I usually don't risk buying games until the developers have moved on to their next projects.

At least then I can know what I'll be getting.
Post edited September 25, 2016 by ssokolow
high rated
It's Changelog Updates Day today! Including a Halcyon 6 log for changes that are presumably already available on Galaxy, but not in standalone form, and the No Man's Sky log that failed to properly appear 9 days ago. :P

From MaGog's logs for 25 September:

Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.0.0.4 (24 September 2016)

- We meet again, space travellers...

- In case you missed it, v1.0.0.3 was released last week, with some quick changes to the end-game.

- That makes this update v1.0.0.4! Let's get to the goodies: SPACE CHORES NO MORE! While resource automation was always part of the mid-game, we hear you. It was a little later than some of you would have liked. We'd like you to meet Satellite Drones...

What's New + Important Changes:

- Introducing New Satellite Drones that can be researched, built, and deployed to automate resource gathering. (NOTE: you'll see these for saved games in Act 1 and new games only. Existing games in Act 2 will have the "old" version of automation.)
- Act 2 no longer automates resource generation, it must be established using Satellite Drones (games in Act 1 and new games only).
- You can now Upgrade a Facility's storage capacity and resource generation (new games only).

General Bug Fixes and Enhancements:

- Fixed bug with Acolyte Predator Ship Upgrade not registering after research.
- Random aliens no longer attack colonies too early in Act 1.
- Pirate Mining Fleet disappears correctly when returning to Grus.
- Alien colony rescue missions are still clearable after the Mothership appears or the faction is killed.
- Pirate base assault can no longer fire at the same time as the Admirax battle.
- If a colony is destroyed by the pirates or the Voraash instead of the Chruul, any pending rescue missions are now removed from that sector.
- Lt. Starstabber's arrival is now hinted to after killing all three pirate commanders.
- Added additional check to prevent unresponsive colony edge case if a raider fleet is destroyed at the same time as a colony rescue mission expires.
- Fixed a bug with ruined colonies not stopping time when first discovering them.
- Fixed an improper event dialogue type on the way to fighting the Admirax.

UI, Art & Animation:

- Created new animation for the tactical cloaking power.
- Fixed ground combat background that had foreground asset overlapping officers during combat.
- Fixing the speed and status effect timing of various animations (currently 39 animations affected)!
- Added new tab hot key to allow players to cycle through their fleets on the starmap.
- Quitting the game now prompts for a save.
- Upon entering ground combat, squadmates are prepopulated for convenience. #GreenShirtWorldProblems
- You can now cancel ship constructions for a full refund.
- Quick Save (F8) and Quick Load (F9)
- Fixed an issue where the artifact rooms had light peeking out above their room frame.

Quests/Missions & Economy:

- Prevented Spire from interrupting fleets passing through the sector.
- Chruul Portal Defense fleets now scale in strength.
- Expired missions clear immediately from the mission list.

Ships/Officers & Powers:

- Saving Cmdr Xiao - fixed bug with retreating from first contact, and she now gets the proper level as given by Officer Academy Upgrades.
- No more Empowered Systems effects in ground combat.
- Fixed a bug where max levelled powers would sometimes not appear in combat.
- Status effects that add up to over 100% damage reduction are now capped at 100%.
-
Lowered costs for T1 and T2 Ship Upgrades.

- There are some much-requested features in this one, folks and there is still more to come. Be sure to let us know your thoughts! Good luck out there, commanders.
(Full changelog)

No Man's Sky has probably changed

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.09 (16th September 2016)

- The game is now much more robust at recovering corrupted save files.
- It was possible for players to circumnavigate obtaining the Antimatter blueprint using very specific steps, leaving some players stranded in their second system. This is no longer possible.
- PC and PS4 galaxy generation more robust during compiling.
- Exosuit messaging system no longer confuses “on planet” and “docked in station” visor notifications, removing all doubt as to the location of the player’s Starship.
- Improved framerate when scanning colossal structures such as Space Stations or Outposts.
- Fix for some terrain resources being indestructible and therefore unmineable.
- Exosuit messaging system now able to correctly differentiate between resource types. Deposits discovered by scans will now display as the correct element.
- Gek Factory door manufacturing standards have been improved; they no longer take critical hits from Grenades.
- Drone vandalism detection improved. Wanted level now increases when destroying Factory doors however powerful the players Multitool may be.
- Pulsedrive systems now fully offline during warping.
- Players are no longer able to open crates of any type if their inventory is full, no matter the contents, preventing loss of resources.
- When interacting with a Terminal, it will print out the players Journey progression. Some strings in this print out where cut-off in Asian languages, these now display correctly in all supported languages.
- Fixed an occasional bug within the Exosuit system that caused controller prompts to display the wrong button.
- Changes to player Standing with the Gek, Vy’keen and Korvax now display correctly within the stats menu.
- Fix for loss of resources when transferring fully stacked items between the player’s Starship and Exosuit in a specific order.
- Fix for stacking products exploit. Resources salvaged from dismantled technologies now fill inventory slots as expected.
- Exosuit and Starship messaging system now always displays the correct number of collected resources.
- Discovery menu improvements, including fixes for incorrectly displayed planet names and creatures displaying as their molecular structure.
- Discovery menu now supports planets with an abundance of life. Specifically, planets featuring 15 creature types can now reach 100% completion.
- Multitool Beam Coolant and Exosuit Aeration Membrane upgrades now increase their respective stat wheels as expected.
- The player can no longer buy multiple products when they do not have enough slots to do so, preventing loss of both the unit cost and the extra products.
- Japanese localization fixes. Including: scrolling text issues, overlapping prompts in the ship messaging system and Multitool names displaying incorrectly.
- Fixed clipped text on save game restore buttons in all supported languages.
- Fixed errant title bar on the menu screen.
- Player Standing now updates in real time when interacting with members of the Gek, Vy’keen and Korvax races.
- Minor fix for saves of a duration less than 2 minutes displaying as “1 minutes”.
- Improvements to various settings within the options menu, including advancements in mouse smoothing and refined gamma settings allowing for increased tenebrosity.
- Fix for creature generation crash.
- Fixes to prevent FPS spikes when encountering momentary performance bumps on PS4.
- Fixed a rare issue where pressing and holding a button would cause the game to crash under specific circumstances.
- Creature footfall now audibly echos within caves.
- Fix for perpetual day time if the player updated in a specific order.
- Bump shader version numbers for patch 1.09
- Fix for a rare situation where a player’s save could get stuck in a crash loop due to saving at very specific point in planet generation.
- Improved detection of available PC CPU cores and optimised settings for low-end CPUs with few CPU cores.
(Full changelog)
MarkoH01: . .. In the end somebody is lying here ....
DyNaer: ... and obviously one of the party is lying here (probably not intentionally). ....

Thought you all might be interested in Hanlon's razor:
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity,"
deleted
Post edited September 25, 2016 by Fairfox
high rated
rmyers: MarkoH01: . .. In the end somebody is lying here ....
DyNaer: ... and obviously one of the party is lying here (probably not intentionally). ....

A lie is a lie no matter what the reason for this is or could be.
high rated
rmyers: MarkoH01: . .. In the end somebody is lying here ....

The end result is still a big fat mess though.
high rated
From MaGog's logs for 26 September:

A game has probably been added: Cossacks II Anthology

8-bit Armies has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (1.3 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.73.620572 (gog-31) *TO* 0.73.621884 (gog-32)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 0.73.621884 (26 September 2016)

- Final translations have been completed for all languages. This mostly affects Polish and Hungarian - but other languages were updated too.
- Subtitles added for Hungarian and Polish.
- News Wizard died in battle. Long live the Cranioid
(Full changelog)

8-bit Hordes has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (1.3 GB) --- Version *FROM* 0.73.620572 (gog-8) *TO* 0.73.621884 (gog-9)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 0.73.621884 (26 September 2016)

- Final translations have been completed for all languages. This mostly affects Polish and Hungarian - but other languages were updated too.
- Subtitles added for Hungarian and Polish.
- News Wizard died in battle. Long live the Cranioids!
(Full changelog)

Titan Quest Anniversary Edition has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 1 of 3) --- Size has not changed (33.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-5) *TO* 1.31 (gog-6)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 2 of 3) --- Size has not changed (3.9 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-5) *TO* 1.31 (gog-6)

* File changed: Windows installer, English (part 3 of 3) --- Size has not changed (1.7 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3 (gog-5) *TO* 1.31 (gog-6)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.31 (26 September 2016)

- Added support for Borderless window mode. Use -borderless as command line parameter
- Added more detailed crash reporting
- Reduced amount of files and size for save games by 80%. Steam cloud should work much faster now,
- Fixed possible startup crash related to missing system fonts
- Fixed bug in "Double Standard" achievement
- Fixed "xtagMenuError1" when using Editor
- Improved some deatils in european languages
- Fixed chinese Onslaught description
- Bigger UI for 3k resolutions when using High scale option
- Fixed bug, where actual server name could be different than the one displayed while creating a game.
- Fixed bug, where Eye of Chaos was not dropping when game speed was above normal
- Creeping Slimes now absorb 75% Piercing Damage rather than having 80% Resistance
- Fixed residual poison resistances on Undead
- Gorgon Queens flee less and move at increased speed when they do
- Gorgon Queen Stheno occasionally charges
- Lowered Elemental Resistance on Bandari
- Lowered Mana Regeneration on Alastor
- Tweaked Alastor AI
- Changed Typhon's Life/Mana Leech skills to not hit behind him
- Changed Typhon's fire breath to use a wave effect
- Improved effect on Typhon's poison bolt and added a 1m explosion radius
- Halved Bleeding Duration on Yaoguai's individual Gore combo hits
- Lowered Sickle of Kronos level requirement to 73
- Added a new type of wraith
- Fixed missing sound on Sepulchral Wyrms' new fire breath
- Lowered volume of Battle Rage activation
- Tweaked Limos life stealing range
- Circle of Power now also grants +100% to Bleeding Damage
- Reduced cast range of Herbalism
- Increased cast range of Lay Trap
- Minkah (Shadow Stalker Hero) does not teleport quite as much
- Vince is now a champion rather than a quest monster and casts more often
- Boar Riders have a chance to drop Boar's Hide
- Boar's Hide now grants only half as much armor but 10%/20%/30% Bleeding Resistance
- Suffix "of the Wilds" now also grants 24% Bleeding Resistance
- Fixed some element resistances being too low on high level amulets
- Amulets can now drop with Poison Resistance prefixes
- Added new Relic: Aegis of Athena (Vitality and Petrification Resistance for Shields)
- Increased Vitality Resistance on Crystal of Erebus charms
- Numerous Relics and Charms can now get Vitality and Bleeding Resistance completion bonuses
- Increased Epic/Legendary XP bonus to 12% and 25%
(Full changelog)