It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mrkgnao: Part of MaGog is a script that runs daily and collects new information from GOG in order to build its local database. A side-effect of this script is that it emails me any changes that have occurred on GOG in the last 24 hours. Most changes are trivial (e.g. new games, more ratings and reviews, games going in and out of sale), but some are slightly more interesting, so I thought I'd share them with you in this thread.
Cool stuff. Please keep it coming! (+1)
The FTL installer was updated today, but I can't find any info about it here, and ftlgame.com seems to be down. Does anyone have any idea what was changed?
Post edited June 03, 2014 by farlark
farlark: The FTL installer was updated today, but I can't find any info about it here, and ftlgame.com seems to be down. Does anyone have any idea what was changed?
This.
From MaGog's logs for June 3-4:
NOTE! CHANGED Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six®, os: Windows (XP, Vista, 7, 8) ***TO*** Windows (XP, Vista, 7)
NOTE! CHANGED FTL: Advanced Edition, file_size: 203 MB ***TO*** 205 MB
NOTE! CHANGED Arx Fatalis, stars: 4.5 ***TO*** 4
NOTE! CHANGED Dracula Trilogy, stars: 4 ***TO*** 4.5
NOTE! CHANGED Risen 2: Dark Waters, stars: 4 ***TO*** 4.5
NOTE! CHANGED Story About My Uncle, A, stars: 4.5 ***TO*** 4
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for June 3-4:
Hey! Who downrepped this! But ok. 4 stars is realistic. The game has it's flaws.
mrkgnao: From MaGog's logs for June 3-4:
toxicTom: Hey! Who downrepped this! But ok. 4 stars is realistic. The game has it's flaws.
Still, more than half the games on GOG have 4.5-5 stars, so 4 is pretty low.
mrkgnao: Still, more than half the games on GOG have 4.5-5 stars, so 4 is pretty low.
So this either means GOG has only quality games or the ratings are inflated like in the corrupted gaming press.
mrkgnao: Still, more than half the games on GOG have 4.5-5 stars, so 4 is pretty low.
toxicTom: So this either means GOG has only quality games or the ratings are inflated like in the corrupted gaming press.
I just think goglodytes are pretty easy on the 5-star button.
Post edited June 04, 2014 by mrkgnao
The rating system, review system are gameable just like rep score is gameable. Not sure if it's even possible to do anything about that really without requiring DNA for authentication and a purchase receipt for a game and an over the shoulder video playthrough from each reviewer. :)
skeletonbow: The rating system, review system are gameable just like rep score is gameable. Not sure if it's even possible to do anything about that really without requiring DNA for authentication and a purchase receipt for a game and an over the shoulder video playthrough from each reviewer. :)
Well, the big players will have this already up their sleeves. Think XBox.
GOG Galaxy! Woohoo! Looking forward to it!
1954 Alcatraz has been updated to version 1.3!
From MaGog's logs for June 5:
NOTE! CHANGED 1954 Alcatraz, languages: Audio and text: English, German. Text only: French, Russian ***TO*** Audio and text: English, German. Text only: French, Russian, Italian
NOTE! CHANGED 1954 Alcatraz, sys_req_patch: ***TO*** Patched to version 1.3
NOTE! CHANGED 1849, stars: 2.5 ***TO*** 2
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED 1849, stars: 2.5 ***TO*** 2
The lowest rating on GOG (together with Master of Orion 3, Slender: The Arrival, Omerta and Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition). If anyone will succeed falling below 2 stars?
mrkgnao: NOTE! CHANGED 1849, stars: 2.5 ***TO*** 2
The-Business: The lowest rating on GOG (together with Master of Orion 3, Slender: The Arrival, Omerta and Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition). If anyone will succeed falling below 2 stars?
Actually there is one more two-star on GOG: Omerta's Japanese Incentive DLC.
As for dropping below that, there was one game who managed to get all the way down to 1.5 stars, but was quickly removed: Dark Matter.

[url=http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=131&scp=gdr&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyv&ord=s9&flt=sat~1~snm~2]http://www.an-ovel.com/cgi-bin/magog.cgi?ver=131&scp=gdr&dsp=ipgfsorlcmbaxyv&ord=s9&flt=sat~1~snm~2[/url]~
Post edited June 06, 2014 by mrkgnao