This 1.2.0 update has been 6-months in the making and features a full-UI re-design by Jamie Churchman, the artist from Mini Metro, including the much requested Dark Mode and UI scaling. We've also brought our own cross-platform leaderboards online with downloadable ghosts, which means that they'll be starting from fresh.
More highlights are updated AI times, better low-end torque on all cars and better performance.
We've been working full-time on the game since it launched in September and are continuing onto more locations even after Kenya!
We hope you enjoy this update and stay tuned for the Kenya Update dropping later this Summer! Check out the exciting Polacolour update trailer by clicking here features
- huge re-design of the UI and also dark mode and UI scaling
- cross-platform leaderboards with downloadable ghosts of anyone you see on the leaderboard
- car physics body collider is less bouncy
- lowered the maximum torque rpm for all cars.
- raised the rev limit for group 2 cars and vans.
- updated baseline ai times
- rain ai times use faster times from the wet leaderboards
- dynamic resolution scaling when running the game in DX12 (need to use this launch option: -force-d3d12) Setting Game Launch Options Disclaimer: DX12 may not be fully stable, which is why the default is DX11 improvements
- optimized grass shader
- optimized vegetation cutout shader
- lighting for all times-of-day have only one light instead of multiple lights for better performance.
- stages now use ambient light from the skybox instead of a gradient, which gives equal or better lighting to the previous multiple directional lights and also doesn't tint the dust/smoke blue.
- updated localization for new terms and also fixed some existing terms
- road bumps have been toned down as they were throwing the car at high speeds
- last used cars and liveries are now saved between runs so you no longer need to cycle through and pick your favourite every time fixes
- the pebble v1 now has 5 gears
- dirtiness should now be correctly carried over from each stage.
- fix hammer v3 light position
- fix hammer v3 red livery
- fog lighting doesn't cast shadows and they weren't noticeable before anyways, which gives a performance boost
- fixed class video compatibility issues
- fixed missing transmission sfx on some cars
- time attack last played settings now load correctly
- possible fix for changing song during a race causing a skip in gameplay
- fix bug where using photo mode after changing language mid race could lead to a crash
- fix for controller vibration issues with multiple controllers plugged in
- fix screen fades not working correctly on super wide monitors
- fix bug where one weather type would be applied to all stages of the same name in custom rally
And if you've enjoyed the game and can spare a moment for a review it's much appreciated!