It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Pidgeot: I don't have the game, but I think I can explain:

Normally, if you press Alt-Tab on Windows, you switch between running programs. For a fullscreen game, it would normally minimize and it continues when you open it on the taskbar again.

However, some games - especially old games - don't handle this very well, so to avoid issues, you might want to disable the shortcut - and that's what this update is doing.
HypersomniacLive: Ok, I know about the general use of "Alt-TAb" on Windows, just wanted to be sure it's not a specific in-game shortcut.

@Judas
If that's the case, why the major change in the installers release version? I was under the impression that the version numbering increased significantly only when the game itself got some major or accumulative changes/ patches/ updates.
Not really sure, I guess it took a few attempts before we could finally make it stick :)

Also:

http://www.gog.com/forum/avernum_series/avernum_saga_mac_has_been_updated
http://www.gog.com/forum/smugglers_v/smugglers_v_pc_mac_has_been_updated_to_12b
Did the Windows installer get a silent update?
Gydion: Did the Windows installer get a silent update?
well , last silent update for this one is from the end of january (2014) , otherwise the windows installer should have been marked (recently) as " updated" by mistake as far i know (happends sometimes....) --> checked the installer with the downloader (same hash). Judas should be able to confim this.
Post edited March 21, 2014 by DyNaer
Hi DyNaer :)

After my GOG update (probably tomorrow), any chance you can run some checks and make sure I've got all those 'banner' updates, etc. sorted?

I ask 'cos I know you've a lot of games myself and the folk that help me don't have.
TIA :)
ConnieThunder: Hi DyNaer :)

After my GOG update (probably tomorrow), any chance you can run some checks and make sure I've got all those 'banner' updates, etc. sorted?

I ask 'cos I know you've a lot of games myself and the folk that help me don't have.
TIA :)
i redownloaded all those games : list here -> http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post2337 (except Jade Empire); all have a timestamp from 2014

Since i didn't get any response from gog about others games i own (250+) -> basically a list, and since it causes troubles with the downloader to check them in the case if the hash has changed i won't do that again . (sorry :( )

all 3 others games safe (timestamp from 2014)

* defender's quest
* shadowrun return
* smugglers v

if i would have a faster connexion , i would probably be more helpfull with your request.

in other hands, if you ask me to compare your spreadsheet with the current list , i could eventually do that. (but probably not before monday)
Post edited March 22, 2014 by DyNaer
Any help will be appreciated :)

Yeah, a D.S.T. comparison check would be as good as anything else, I don't know of a case were a silent update also retained the same timestamp.

...and you never know, it might help you find something you've missed updating ;)

TIA
ConnieThunder: Any help will be appreciated :)

Yeah, a D.S.T. comparison check would be as good as anything else, I don't know of a case were a silent update also retained the same timestamp.

...and you never know, it might help you find something you've missed updating ;)

TIA
as far i could tell, i never saw a silent update with a same timestamp, however in those cases , almost all the time the same internal build number is used.

i will compare your spreadsheet with the current list (to be sure). as far i can remember all those timestamps have a date from mid-january to end january (2014), maybe a few in the start of february. When it will be done , i'll send you a PM.

i can't do much more in my end , i had some hope GOG, got some more considerations about my request , but i gave up. Thiev & Judas didn't even care to respond if this was possible to get a such list or not (an answer was the minimum i expected) . And since nobody have the professionalism to answer me, i made this public instead through a PM.
Post edited March 22, 2014 by DyNaer
DyNaer: checked the installer with the downloader (same hash).
Ah, thanks. That's more than good enough for me.
Gydion: Did the Windows installer get a silent update?
It was probably from the time when we were removing the billboards for the Fallout games if the timestamp is from January of this year.

@DyNaer:

I really don't know what kind of a list you are looking for. Do you want us to list all of the minuscule silent updates that are really something so trivial that people don't need to know about them? It's not because we are keeping secrets but because we figure no one is going to care that an installer got a billboard change or some slight configuration change that has no effect on the game and how it plays has been added or removed.

Believe me, if we update a game we notify everyone if it as a fix either to the game or a fix on our side to the installer because some script got messed up as per the latest Mac version of the Avernum Saga.

Let me know if I can be of further help :)
JudasIscariot: Do you want us to list all of the minuscule silent updates that are really something so trivial that people don't need to know about them? It's not because we are keeping secrets but because we figure no one is going to care that an installer got a billboard change or some slight configuration change that has no effect on the game and how it plays has been added or removed.
That is exactly what some people want, though. The changes may be trivial, but it provides confidence that you didn't forget to notify about some important update (so it should be an automatic process when files get changed). It also allows for a way to verify downloads are correct by making it possible to maintain a master database of checksums (MD5, etc.); when installers get updated - even for a billboard change - the MD5 changes, so such a database needs to be updated, and right now, that requires manually re-downloading everything.

It would probably also help with finding out whether seperate update installers have been integrated in the "main" download; something which can be quite confusing right now. (Examples: Pid has a higher installer version than the patch, while Legend of Grimrock has a higher patch number - which ones would I need to download and install if I just bought them?)
Post edited March 24, 2014 by Pidgeot
JudasIscariot: Do you want us to list all of the minuscule silent updates that are really something so trivial that people don't need to know about them? It's not because we are keeping secrets but because we figure no one is going to care that an installer got a billboard change or some slight configuration change that has no effect on the game and how it plays has been added or removed.
Pidgeot: That is exactly what some people want, though. The changes may be trivial, but it provides confidence that you didn't forget to notify about some important update.

It would probably also help with finding out whether seperate update installers have been integrated in the "main" download; something which can be quite confusing right now. (Examples: Pid has a higher installer version than the patch, while Legend of Grimrock has a higher patch number - which ones would I need to download and install if I just bought them?)
Whenever I put out an update that requires that ALL buyers of a said game need to know about it, I put out a forum post immediately after testing to see if a download is in working order and after flagging the said update. Doing so ensures I don't forget an update that is critical such as a patch.

http://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher/the_witcher_1_flac_ost_has_been_fixed
Post edited March 24, 2014 by JudasIscariot
JudasIscariot: Whenever I put out an update that requires that ALL buyers of a said game need to know about it, I put out a forum post immediately after testing to see if a download is in working order and after flagging the said update. Doing so ensures I don't forget an update that is critical such as a patch.

I just wonder - shouldn't this thread be a sticky one?
Thank you and the rest of the gang at GOG very much for your continued efforts providing improvements and other updates to games like this, it's very much appreciated.
skeletonbow: Thank you and the rest of the gang at GOG very much for your continued efforts providing improvements and other updates to games like this, it's very much appreciated.
Well, I shouldn't have let it go out like it was in the first place so mea culpa on that one :/
JudasIscariot: Whenever I put out an update that requires that ALL buyers of a said game need to know about it, I put out a forum post immediately after testing to see if a download is in working order and after flagging the said update. Doing so ensures I don't forget an update that is critical such as a patch.

zeffyr: I just wonder - shouldn't this thread be a sticky one?
You can always favorite this thread or are you talking about the Witcher thread I posted in the game's forum?
Post edited March 24, 2014 by JudasIscariot