updated from version 2.8.1
for Windows, Mac and Linux Changelog
for version 3.0.1
(part 1 of 8) Features
* Added several new diplomatic messages for Becoming the Crisis empires Balance
* A wormhole now connects Scions to their Fallen Empire overlords.
* Aetherophasic Engine now grants increasing amounts of energy, minerals and Naval Capacity with each upgrade.
* Scaled down the Unity rewards of various espionage events which now award a value based on existing, monthly Unity income.
* Imperial Security Directorate updated such that it now offers the Emperor +2 to Decryption and +4 to Encryption only.
* Reverted change to special resource edicts' one-time costs: their costs now increase with empire sprawl as well as overextension, as opposed to just overextension. Also clarified the tooltip a bit. Performance and Stability
* Fixed potential CTD when partial failure to connect to host in MP view.
* Stopped research_all_technologies console command from crashing the game.
* Right click unassign a spymaster envoy no longer desyncs the game in MP.
* Improved efficiency of the code for picking what to build via planetary automation scripts.
* Reduced the “destroy galaxy” performance impact by not destroying each pop individually.
* Remade destroy colony so it is destroying any pops before changing owner/controller to no country just to reduce the amount of per pop calcs. UI
* Filter out ill suited empires from the top right target Empire drop down in the Diplomacy view. E.g. The Shroud and Curator Enclaves.
* Galactic focus selection window is now hidden when changing tab in the galactic community.
* Rename Build ship and Build Defensive Platforms buttons on Starbases and Megastructures to Open catalog, which better describes the actual action.
* Disable newly renamed Open catalog buttons in Starbase and Megastructure ship builder UI when they have no effect.
* The Special Deposit tooltip now lists the effects that the special deposits have.
* UX rehaul of the MP Game Lobby making it clearer what to do and who's ready.
* Excavation sites are now greyed out when fully excavated.
* Remade planet view locked building slot tooltip to refer to actual capital building name and district with highest building slot add modifier
* Details for fleet, pops, economy, and techonology is now hidden in the breakdown of diplomatic weight if you don't have enough intel
* Tidied up the tooltip for a planet's habitability in the planet's interface to clearly state what each number is.
* Intel value text should now be displayed better in all languages.
* Hide espionage operation categories filter if there is less than 2 with any potential operations
* Only show espionage operation category filters for potential and/or ongoing operations
* You can now use "go to capital" on Marauders in the Contacts menu (it will take you to their home system).
* If you have sufficient intel, hovering over the button to form or cancel a research agreement will now tell you how many technologies you and the other country may learn from it.
* Hovering over the button to form or cancel a commercial agreement now tells you how many credits you will gain from it (rather than you having to propose the agreement to find out).
* When you are offered a commercial agreement, you will now hear about the energy credit benefits. AI
* AI war strategies are now recalculated more often to make it respond better to changes in ally fleets.
* The AI now better accounts for the value of different resources when deciding what to buy on the market.
* Allow the AI to trade with Living Metal, Dark Matter, and Zro on the market.
* Added cooldown before AI considers responding to a proposal, set in define DIPLOMACY_RESPONSE_COOLDOWN_DAYS
* Increased randomness when AI responds to proposals, will still do a daily roll if it should but chance for responding starts at none and then rapidly increases each day until proposal expiration date.
* The AI now better take into consideration that Federation and GDF ships have no upkeep when deciding which ships to build.
* The independent GDF AI will now remember which capital systems it has visited upon reloading a save file. Modding
* Added on_army_killed_in_combat / no_combat on_actions.
* Using "pop" scope change in army scope now takes you to the pop that spawned the army.
* Added export_resource_income_to_variable effect.
* Added export_trigger_value_to_variable_effect.
* Added trigger is_current_first_contact_stage.
* Fixed various issues with setting species archetype restrictions for government elements (civics, authorities) so that it is now checked in every case and can be used safely.
* Enabled triggered descriptions and gametext ([ ] commands) in espionage operation descriptions.
* Fixed a bug in scripted effects/triggers that meant that you'd get weird startup errors if you ever used more than one "[" in a scripted effect/trigger.
* Added is_total_war trigger.
* Fixed issue where owned_species and enslaved_species scope script lists would not always work in planet events.
* Added abort trigger on espionage operation type for killing of an active operation.
* Added has_active_building trigger (checks if a planet has the building in a non-ruined and non-disabled state).
* Added effect for postponing modifier calculations, usefull when executing alot of effects where individual result of them is not important. Bugfixes
* Fixed rare case of frontend background not covering the entire screen.
* Fixed crash on Linux when joining a game through steam friends while the game was running.
* Fix occasional fullscreen flickering when running with the -dx11 flag.
* Zro Distillation now always becomes a tech option if Extradimensional Experimentation resolution is enacted.
* Removed superfluous information about default country types in the tooltip for forming a research agreement.
* Event "The Fumes Lie Thick" now tells you about the scientist's new trait.
* Fixed an issue where habitat auto-designation would not pick energy specialisation when that was clearly the right choice.
* Fixed some grammar errors in "Wind Back and Proceed" archaeology event.
* Molluscoid Integration event now no longer refers to "tiles" (what on earth is a tile?? :) ). It now also only gives you 6 new pops.
* Fixed an issue where the special project fail event "Smuggler Weapons Trade" would talk about a spaceship rather than a planet.
* Fixed Machine Synchronicity Traditions lacking a line break at the end, causing it to be fairly unreadable.
* Fixed an issue where you could break the Necrophage origin by having your prepatent species as a subspecies of the main species
* Random Spy Network event "An Operative Resurfaces" no longer refers to the empire's leader getting hands-on in extraction of operatives, and preparing security reports.
* Added a missing tooltip from random Operations event "Excess Noise".
* Corrected a missing tooltip from Spy Network event "Hostile Infiltration Detected".
* Leaving federations through events no longer generates opinion penalties unless we deliberately want those penalties set.
* Resolutions to repeal the banning of slave trade now have their correct icons.
* Corrected Fallen Empires in their mistaken assumption that they have 16 building slots instead of 12 on their starting planets.
* Added various government types which were not fully recognized by VIR during the first stage of the tutorial.
* Selecting an Oligarchic authority type with the Death Cult civic is now consistently recognized as a Grim Council government.
* Fixed several cases where Alloy Mega-Forges and other similar buildings providing +X jobs per Y district would sometimes be unspecific or wrong about how many jobs they'd get from you building which district.
* Fixed several fallen empires lacking housing due to having no city districts.
* You can no longer get the Scandalous Insult event on yourself.
* Improved tooltip for when a Spy Network has become overextended.
* Subjects that are in a federation with their overlord should now be able to declare a war for independence on them.
* Make diplo action positive/neutral/negative background shown in UI again.
* Reanimated Armies is now fully incompatible with Synthetic Ascension, rather than just quietly doing nothing as before.
* Cosmic Nudge arc site now no longer gives you 10% progress on a habitability tech way beyond what you have researched (essentially useless as it costs so much), but instead gives you progress on the next tech in that line that you can research
* First Contact event "A Terrible Sight to Behold" no longer shows a happy handshake as its event picture
* Guarantee independence now displayed properly in the diplomacy view (them guaranteeing our independence does not make it work the other way around).
* The tooltip for Society Management now correctly mentions the Crisis tab if the player has Nemesis installed.
* Fixed a reference to the "Traditions and Relics" interface in the tutorial (it is now "Society Management").
* Fixed AIs unintentionally spawning Advanced Empires through the Lost Colony origin even when Advanced AI Starts have been disabled by the player.
* Galaxy Generator now uses correct starbase types for marauders and FE when it needs to connect the empire through a non owned system.
* Fixed the AI sometimes having sectors with no planets in them.
* Operation Arm Privateers may only be conducted against the same target once every 3 years. The operation will conclude early if another empire has successfully armed the brigands before you have.