It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Yes, it got updated yesterday at Humble and the files added to Read Only Memories, but now the files of the new version have been removed or moved somewhere else, but it can't find them. There are now 2064: Read Only Memories and Read Only Memories. The first one only has the Seam key, the latter one the files for the legacy version.
The-Business: Yes, it got updated yesterday at Humble and the files added to Read Only Memories, but now the files of the new version have been removed or moved somewhere else, but it can't find them. There are now 2064: Read Only Memories and Read Only Memories. The first one only has the Seam key, the latter one the files for the legacy version.
I just checked my yesterday downloaded DRM-free Win64 version. It says in fact 2064 ROM and starting the game shows the same in title. It also shows a voice over slider. I did not understand what you mean with "files being removed" ecactly. Are they removed from store oder from the library?
The-Business: Yes, it got updated yesterday at Humble and the files added to Read Only Memories, but now the files of the new version have been removed or moved somewhere else, but it can't find them. There are now 2064: Read Only Memories and Read Only Memories. The first one only has the Seam key, the latter one the files for the legacy version.
MarkoH01: I just checked my yesterday downloaded DRM-free Win64 version. It says in fact 2064 ROM and starting the game shows the same in title. It also shows a voice over slider. I did not understand what you mean with "files being removed" ecactly. Are they removed from store oder from the library?
The DRM-free installers have indeed been removed from the library. I also saw yesterday's update for this game, and there were the two versions (the old one, about 100MB in size, and the new one ~500MB) available for download at least for Windows. Now there's only the old versions, and the game entry in the library has been renamed as 'legacy'. What gives?
MarkoH01: I just checked my yesterday downloaded DRM-free Win64 version. It says in fact 2064 ROM and starting the game shows the same in title. It also shows a voice over slider. I did not understand what you mean with "files being removed" ecactly. Are they removed from store oder from the library?
muntdefems: The DRM-free installers have indeed been removed from the library. I also saw yesterday's update for this game, and there were the two versions (the old one, about 100MB in size, and the new one ~500MB) available for download at least for Windows. Now there's only the old versions, and the game entry in the library has been renamed as 'legacy'. What gives?
Oh that is a shame. So they plan to sell the "new" version again even for people who already bought the game? Now I am glad that I already downloaded it yesterday. But given the fact that it says in the library "legacy" maybe just something went wrong and the links will come back?
MarkoH01: Oh that is a shame. So they plan to sell the "new" version again even for people who already bought the game? Now I am glad that I already downloaded it yesterday. But given the fact that it says in the library "legacy" maybe just something went wrong and the links will come back?
Who knows? I think I'll contact the devs, because the Linux version was also updated yesterday, but only the 'legacy' one. I'll ask what exactly was updated, and whether the '2064' versions will be available for owners of the game or not.
MarkoH01: Oh that is a shame. So they plan to sell the "new" version again even for people who already bought the game? Now I am glad that I already downloaded it yesterday. But given the fact that it says in the library "legacy" maybe just something went wrong and the links will come back?
muntdefems: Who knows? I think I'll contact the devs, because the Linux version was also updated yesterday, but only the 'legacy' one. I'll ask what exactly was updated, and whether the '2064' versions will be available for owners of the game or not.
Already did that on facebook and steam (although I only asked why 2064 DRM-free was removed) :)
Post edited January 18, 2017 by MarkoH01
Let's hope not, but wonder if Read Only Memories will be another case of Downfall.
HypersomniacLive: Let's hope not, but wonder if Read Only Memories will be another case of Downfall.
At least "Downfall" would be the correct word if they really want buyers to pay for an upgrade again (it's no new game by all means - even with the voice acting and th eother improvements). Never played or bought Downfall Redux after playing (and enjoying) their legacy version for free.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: At least "Downfall" would be the correct word if they really want buyers to pay for an upgrade again (it's no new game by all means - even with the voice acting and th eother improvements). Never played or bought Downfall Redux after playing (and enjoying) their legacy version for free.
Heh, didn't make that connection, but that's exactly why Downfall came to mind. Except that I had purchased the original Downfall, and was given a discount code for the upgraded version, a discount code that came with an expiration date.
high rated

Starbound

Patch 1.2.2 (18 January 2017)

Fix a bug causing frequent save file corruption on Windows after power loss
Fix generated monsters not using their special attacks
Fix kill achievements not unlocking properly
Fix several materials being erroneously tillable or tilling with the wrong tile mod
Fix a dungeon piece in underwater Hylotl cities occasionally failing to place
Fix a dungeon piece in ice vaults occasionally failing to place
Fix airship dungeon sometimes spawning without a clue object
Fix Dreadwing not properly dying when killed with Doomcannon
Fix Mazebound64 game
Disable Outpost return gate to prevent several potential exploits
Miscellaneous bug fixes
Santa has gone ho ho home, to return another Christmas!
high rated
Thanks! However, this doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna provide DRM-free installers, though. In fact, our Humble accounts already have a '2064 R.O.M.' Steam key, so maybe that's their way of upgrading the game. I'll wait for their confirmation.

Apart from that, here are the first and last updates from MaGog's logs for 18 January:

---------------------------

Games included in this batch:

· Cossacks 3
· Sexy Brutale, The [Upcoming]
· Starbound

A game has probably been added: Sexy Brutale, The [Upcoming]

Cossacks 3 has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (1.1 GB) --- Version *FROM* 1.3.0.60.4440 (gog-10) *TO* 1.3.0.60.4444 (gog-11)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.3.0.60.4444 (18 January 2017)

- bug fixes
(Full changelog)

Starbound has probably changed

[FILE UPDATES]

* File added: Patch 1.2.2 [Windows] --- File size: 48.0 MB --- Version: gog-13

* File changed: Linux installer, English --- Size has not changed (703.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.2.1 (gog-11) *TO* 1.2.2 (gog-12)

* File changed: Mac OS X installer, English --- Size has not changed (678.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.2.1 (gog-17) *TO* 1.2.2 (gog-18)

* File changed: Windows installer, English --- Size has not changed (845.0 MB) --- Version *FROM* 1.2.1 (gog-12) *TO* 1.2.2 (gog-13)

[CHANGELOG UPDATED]
Patch 1.2.2 (18 January 2017)

- Fix a bug causing frequent save file corruption on Windows after power loss
- Fix generated monsters not using their special attacks
- Fix kill achievements not unlocking properly
- Fix several materials being erroneously tillable or tilling with the wrong tile mod
- Fix a dungeon piece in underwater Hylotl cities occasionally failing to place
- Fix a dungeon piece in ice vaults occasionally failing to place
- Fix airship dungeon sometimes spawning without a clue object
- Fix Dreadwing not properly dying when killed with Doomcannon
- Fix Mazebound64 game
- Disable Outpost return gate to prevent several potential exploits
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
- Santa has gone ho ho home, to return another Christmas!
(Full changelog)
MarkoH01: ... Never played or bought Downfall Redux after playing (and enjoying) their legacy version for free.
Downfall Redux is not just an improved version of the original Downfall, but a different experience with a bit different view on the story. It's definitely worth playing, even when you've already played the original. Still, a proper discount for owners of the original should be a given, imo.

It's games like Sorcerer King - Rivals I'm a bit angry about.
Post edited January 18, 2017 by DeMignon
high rated
muntdefems: Thanks! However, this doesn't necessarily mean they are gonna provide DRM-free installers, though. In fact, our Humble accounts already have a '2064 R.O.M.' Steam key, so maybe that's their way of upgrading the game. I'll wait for their confirmation. [...]
[emphasis added]

But they can't just give you a Steam key on GOG, and be done with it, can they now?

DeMignon added the Cossacks 3 and Starbound changelogs to the respective game fora.
HypersomniacLive: But they can't just give you a Steam key on GOG, and be done with it, can they now?
I hope they don't dare to. That would be a pretty bad move. Well, we'll see.