It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

HypersomniacLive: So, no login captcha today - bug, or fix?
skeletonbow: or... working cookies! :)
No, it has nothing to do with cookies. I always clear all my cookies, when I close my browser and today there was no captcha at login. But we already had this situation on the 23rd, when the cpatcha was gone and it returned on the 24th. Maybe we get a day off on friday.
stryx: ... Maybe we get a day off on friday.
It's casual Friday, so GOG doesn't tie us up ;-)
high rated
adaliabooks: I would go with the third option; neither, it's a conscious design choice to keep you on your toes.
This is Gog, why would you expect it to be consistent? ;P
Because there's nothing more consistent on GOG than bugs randomly showing up, then randomly fixing themselves, then bugging again, and so on?

DeMignon: It's casual Friday, so GOG doesn't tie us up ;-)
Nice, have a +1!

And it would appear that we may have also gotten the weekend off, or at least Saturday.

*performs a "don't-jinx-it" ritual*
HypersomniacLive: And it would appear that we may have also gotten the weekend off, or at least Saturday.
Yep, no reCaptcha on my end either! ***fingers crossed***
Let's hope it stays that way. Damn things are really annoying.
To be honest, I don't especially hate them per se: after all, they only require a couple of mouse clicks.

What drives me nuts is that sometimes it would seem they're not there (just the username and password fields to fill in), only to appear all of a sudden after clicking the login button, and requiring me to introduce my password again! Aaaaargh!!!!
The original GOG downloader broke for me today, it wont let me log in despite already being logged in to the website and Galaxy. This is not intended to provoke a Galaxy/downloader debate, just answering the thread question.
Ian: The original GOG downloader broke for me today, it wont let me log in despite already being logged in to the website and Galaxy. This is not intended to provoke a Galaxy/downloader debate, just answering the thread question.
I tried to test mine just now to see and it wouldn't connect at first either, but I manually updated my login info and it now appears to have logged in ok. Going to see if it will download something now...

Update: Ok, I just successfully downloaded some small manuals with it (Star Trek 25th) to test it. It's possible the game you tried to download might have broken links or something perhaps as they appear to be having web-rot increasingly over time.

If you're sure you're using the right password, might want to try making a new one perhaps. Oddly though, my Downloader shows a red icon in the systray but green in the taskbar, and downloading is working. It shows "1 NEW" and "1 message" even though there are no new messages, and that wont go away.
Post edited October 01, 2016 by skeletonbow
Ian: The original GOG downloader broke for me today, it wont let me log in despite already being logged in to the website and Galaxy. This is not intended to provoke a Galaxy/downloader debate, just answering the thread question.
Just checked and for me the downloader is working fine.
moonshineshadow: Just checked and for me the downloader is working fine.
I just reinstalled using the same .exe and it let me in now - thanks for checking for me.
high rated
HypersomniacLive: Because there's nothing more consistent on GOG than bugs randomly showing up, then randomly fixing themselves, then bugging again, and so on?
GOG should have a new slogan : "we are proud of our bugs" :P
HypersomniacLive: Because there's nothing more consistent on GOG than bugs randomly showing up, then randomly fixing themselves, then bugging again, and so on?
DyNaer: GOG should have a new slogan : "we are proud of our bugs" :P
I like it, you should make a Wishlist entry for it. I'd vote for it. :)
Nice, +1.

And who knows, it may make it to front page status with the next revamp of the fresher, better GOG.
I accidentally read that as "we are proud of our logs", and was about to say "I left a log I was rather proud of tonight also!", then I realized...

:)
high rated
skeletonbow: "I left a log I was rather proud of tonight also!"
Aaah, too much information!! ;-P

I don't know what you're talking about. There are no bugs on GOG ;-)
Attachments:
search.jpg (23 Kb)