It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

shmerl: You are missing one point. When Aspyr were releasing it on Steam, they negotiated that with Apple. I.e. they listed all stores they planned to release it in. Apple agreed. Now to release it on GOG, Aspyr probably have to re-negotiate with all distributors which includes Apple (at least I suspect they have to, that depends on how the contract was written). And Apple being Apple can just jerk out and say "we don't want any more stores added, get lost'.
I highly doubt that.

Apple never asked us if we plan to release our apps on another platform and this is also not a valid reason to get rejected on the App Store. Granted, we don't do games, but the rules are the same for all categories.

Sometimes, if a developer is part of a big Apple keynote, e.g. during WWDC, they secure some timed-exclusive apps and it also helps you to get stage time if you're using cutting-edge features of the latest iPhone or macOS.

But in general, even the biggest iOS titles like Monument Valley have been ported to Android after some time.
blackfeld: I'm pretty sure the only reason for them not releasing ports on GOG (self-published titles like Layers of Fear or Observer being the exception) is money. GOG is a relatively small and European-centric storefront,
As far as I know, US is the biggest market for GOG.

blackfeld: and it's DRM-free. There's no way to "protect" a relatively expensive Mac/Linux port of an older game.
Aspyr aren't that dumb to think that DRM protects anything. Or are they?

blackfeld: I highly doubt that.
See my update above. Apple weren't pointed out directly, but distributors in general were.
Post edited November 26, 2017 by shmerl
high rated
>observer_ seems to be finally available for macOS.

The changelog mentions some problems with this version, though:
PLEASE NOTE - there is a known bug for macOS regarding the game not correctly starting in fullscreen mode, native resolution. We are aware of the issue and are working with the developer to resolve. For now, this can be resolved in the following ways:

· maximise the game window manually by clicking associated button on window titlebar, after doing so game will resume and will work fine, until next restart. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
high rated
Battle Chef Brigade is now available for Linux too. :)
We've got another prospect for this thread. :)
Corpse Party officially released for Linux on Steam. Loooong stare on GOG...
high rated
Redfern: Corpse Party officially released for Linux on Steam. Loooong stare on GOG...
Hopefully it will arrive here in a few days...

Meanwhile, here's some good news for Mac users: Dream Pinball 3D is now supported on macOS:

Update (05 December 2017)

- Added the Mac version of Dream Pinball 3D to everyone's accounts.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by muntdefems
Redfern: Corpse Party officially released for Linux on Steam. Loooong stare on GOG...
muntdefems: Hopefully it will arrive here in a few days...

Meanwhile, here's some good news for Mac users: Dream Pinball 3D is now supported on macOS:

Update (05 December 2017)

- Added the Mac version of Dream Pinball 3D to everyone's accounts.
muntdefems:
Its, at least partially, up to developer. Fox example there is still no Coma build here yet and Signal of Tolva teleported here pretty quick.
muntdefems: Meanwhile, here's some good news for Mac users: Dream Pinball 3D is now supported on macOS
Unfortunately, it's the crappy Runesoft port. The Windows copy I have installed through Wineskin runs perfectly smooth, while this subpar Mac version runs pretty badly on the exact same settings.
Post edited December 05, 2017 by Mr.Mumbles
shmerl: ...
With regards to Aspyr being dumb, yes, I fully expect them to be as dumb about DRM-free games as much as any other publisher. Perhaps even more so, due to cost of Mac-native ports still being relatively expensive to produce and support, and given their lower general potential for profit.

With regards to Apple, I highly, highly doubt that they're causing the hold up with Aspyr's Mac-native ports coming to GOG. I don't see any clear benefit for them (I highly doubt that games like KOTOR/KOTOR II being available on GOG are going to seriously affect the popularity of games on the App Store). Just because Apple is mentioned as a distributor doesn't necessarily mean that they have control over where the game can be sold. Does Steam have that same power over publishers and developers?

The only way I could see that actually happening is there was some kind of Bayonetta 2-type situation, where Apple signed some kind of exclusivity agreement with Aspyr in exchange for Aspyr getting funding for their Mac games. It's not impossible, and it's not without precedent, but without any hard evidence it's difficult to say. As noted earlier, historically, the only recent times Apple have ever gotten directly into gaming on OS X was when they needed titles to show off at public events. (It is possible that Apple may have paid EA to do their in-house ports of BF2142 and C&C3 way back when, though.)

My own personal guess -- and it is just a guess -- is that we haven't seen Aspyr or Feral's ports due to the reasons why we haven't seen other major publishers on GOG; a combination of apathy towards DRM-free games, fear of piracy, and a general level of comfort with Steam. Add to that that the ST/SW games are licensed properties, and that adds another layer of complexity. Sure, GOG has an agreement with Disney/LA, but there's probably another level of negotiations that need to be worked out with Disney/LA and Aspyr or Feral, too.
Post edited December 06, 2017 by rampancy
high rated
If they bothered to do a public announcement in the front page, they could've mentioned they added a macOS version of King of Dragon Pass as well.
high rated
Soon™

Via @JudasIscariot:

We've already reached out and should have it available sooner rather than later if all goes well :)

EDIT:

Bump https://www.gog.com/game/corpse_party
Post edited December 07, 2017 by linuxvangog
linuxvangog: Soon™

Via @JudasIscariot:

We've already reached out and should have it available sooner rather than later if all goes well :)

EDIT:

Ooooh yes, that that i call impressive. If only all "getting port on GOG" situation would be that fast and easy.
BTW, it seems that GOGmixes is not updating correctly - https://www.gog.com/game/the_signal_from_tolva is still listed for "Games that have native linux ports...elsewhere" but i removed it like weeks ago...
Post edited December 07, 2017 by Redfern
linuxvangog: Soon™

Via @JudasIscariot:

EDIT:

Thanks, both for the port and the heads-up! I added it to the first post.

I must say, November was a terrific month with regards to macOS and Linux additions, and so far December is definitely off to a good start. Let's keep them coming, guys! :)
Another one to appear here soon!