It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get Mystery Games in Leprechauns’ Hats • 300+ deals up to 90% off

UPDATE: The Sale is coming to its end and Daedalic's catalog joins in for the final stretch, alongside steampunk dungeon-crawler Vaporum. Make sure to snatch your Leprechaun hats and sweet deals until March 19, 11pm, everyone!

Oh, Paddy, dear, an' did ye hear the news that's goin' round? It's the start of the GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale, lasting the whole week, I found!

Come join the festivities - we’re launching with 300+ deals up to -90%, and Leprechaun Hats full of great Mystery Games!

Since we’re all Irish this week, how about having some fun, and checking what the GOG Leprechauns have for us, hidden in their mystery Hats! Every Leprechaun Hat contains a Mystery Game that you don't own yet – it's a great way to discover something new and broaden your horizons. What's more, those Mystery Games that are also on sale cost more than the cost of a Hat, so you know you’re getting a great deal with every Hat you open. Check the FAQ for details.

And if you don’t trust in what the mischievous GOG Leprechauns will pick for you, choose from more than 300 deals, with discounts ranging up to -90%. We’ve selected for you some all-time classics, as well as the best games from recent years including Little Nightmares (-50%), Ys SEVEN (-25%), ABZU (-50%), Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-75%), Pillars of Eternity: Hero Edition (-40%), STAR WARS: Knights of the Old Republic II (up to -75%), Yooka-Laylee (-66%) and many more.

The GOG.com St. Patrick’s Day Sale will last until March 19, 11pm UTC.
Breja: Isn't the simplest thing to just open your wishlist and see there what's on sale? It's what I do.
i do, in fact, do this.

but that's not a way for gog to get impulse buys.

i might browse the sale and see, "oh, this game i'm only nominally interested in has a cheap price. i'll snag that." but with the tile layout, it's a great, big mess. with a list layout, this'd be much easier. [though, of course, you'd perhaps lose the visual element of the "box" for the tile. that's something you could work into a list, though.]
bigblueogre: ...
ciemnogrodzianin: I agree... Look at the price of Syberia games. They cost three times more than during one of the last sales. The reason is obvious - current price is above mystery box's price, which allows GOG to include the game in boxes without violating one of their rules ("you'll always find better deal than regular discount).

Do you know what that means?
The Mystery Boxes result in worse discounts in regular sale!

I'm fine with this kind of fun (even if I'm not interested in gambling), but this is the reason I really don't like the idea :(
+ games that people get from this roulette isn't impressive.
high rated
Breja: Isn't the simplest thing to just open your wishlist and see there what's on sale? It's what I do.
Simple in theory, but in practice I got spam because of the wishlist. And by spam I mean I got notifications for sales that didn't exist. After a few of these e-mail I just removed everything from my wishlist and I only come here from time to time to see what else is new.

It's sad, that the Good Old GOG is dead. Whoever works there now is irrelevant, but the result of the development shows - it's a lot of crap. There's a long list of things we can't do that we must do with scripts if we want a reasonable experience on this site. It's strange that nowadays I feel better about how Steam develops their platform compared to how GOG does it. And I don't like Steam, which should say a lot about GOG these days.

Even a thing as simple as a counter is not fixed on GOG. In the drop-down menu on top of the site I have 257 games listed, and when I get in my collection it says 258 - and it's an old one. The Community Wishlist comments have nl2br enabled but then the comments are converted back to non-html to prevent having clickable links from spammers. And there's no effort to take care of that spam, and the comments with HTML look butt-ugly.

The Community Wishlist is a forever-beta wasteland. Even the HTML line breaks are rendered as XHTML, which is not the DOCTYPE of the GOG website. Because the developer responsible for changing nl2br($comment) to nl2br($comment, 0) would probably have to do a lot of explaining to the bosses if they did such a ludicrous thing.

Seriously, I can't believe there's no developer (at GOG) with even a tiny passion for bug fixing who would take care of at least the small bugs every once in a while. But this doesn't seem to happen and it makes you wonder why. Does GOG have careless developers or horrible bosses who hold their devs accountable for anything else outside the assigned daily work? Both cases are terrible, which would make GOG a very un-cool workplace. About 2 years ago I thought "what if I'd move to Poland and work at GOG?" I'm glad I didn't make an effort to make that move.

I really miss the Good Old GOG. It bums me out to see the website as it is. Their DRM-free policy "adapted" to allow some exceptions, the website cries for attention all over the place, and it looks like more and more stuff is broken these days.

Regarding this sale, has anyone found a title discounted by 90%? I didn't, because nothing on this website is discounted by 90%. I see no point in making a headline for such discounts when they don't exist. So was it intentionally fake advertisement? Or are the marketing and development departments out of touch?

I'm sure the explanation will look like "throughout the sale we will have -90% discounts, so make sure you come back to see the deals, as this is just the first day". But it's still bullshit marketing done on the shadow of a once great website.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by kneekoo
kneekoo: Simple in theory, but in practice I got spam because of the wishlist. And by spam I mean I got notifications for sales that didn't exist. After a few of these e-mail I just removed everything from my wishlist and I only come here from time to time to see what else is new.
Or you couldj ust turn off the wishlist alerts :P
Breja: Or you couldj ust turn off the wishlist alerts :P
You know, this and your previous suggestion are like "Dumb and dumber" - and I mean the ridiculous movie. We wouldn't have to become "creative" if the website worked properly. Even the notifications show HTML tags in them. This website looks more and more like something done by amateurs.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by kneekoo
Breja: Or you couldj ust turn off the wishlist alerts :P
kneekoo: You know, this and your previous suggestion are like "Dumb and dumber" - and I mean the ridiculous movie. We wouldn't have to become "creative" if the website worked properly. Even the notifications show HTML tags in them. This website looks more and more like something done by amateurs.
I'm not saying everything works as it should, I'm just saying that if you want to avoid wishlist related spam, turning off the wishlist alerts makes way more sense than deleting everything from your wishlist.
Post edited March 12, 2018 by Breja
I just thought I would pop in with a question to the GOG staff and other community members. It seems that whenever I browse the site from my phone (Android), the main page includes a section marked "Ending Soon" among the other categories under "Browse Deals."

Is this some sort of bug or oversight, or are there going to be games that will be periodically removed from the sale?
low rated
this is gay
Breja: I'm not saying everything works as it should, I'm just saying that if you want to avoid wishlist related spam, turning off the wishlist alerts makes way more sense than deleting everything from your wishlist.
I used the wishlist mostly to let me know when something I want is on sale. So disabling the notifications would make it close to useless for me.
kneekoo: Regarding this sale, has anyone found a title discounted by 90%? I didn't, because nothing on this website is discounted by 90%. I see no point in making a headline for such discounts when they don't exist. So was it intentionally fake advertisement? Or are the marketing and development departments out of touch?

I'm sure the explanation will look like "throughout the sale we will have -90% discounts, so make sure you come back to see the deals, as this is just the first day". But it's still bullshit marketing done on the shadow of a once great website.
Deadly Premonition Director's Cut is 90% off
high rated
GOG sale: Return of the lootboxes.
high rated
4 games, 3 repeats, 0 warnings. Screw this, I'm out.
No one had done up a running list of what games folks are getting in their Hats/ Stars/ Lucky Charms/ whatever so I compiled one in the tracking thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/what_mystery_game_did_you_get_from_the_hat/post45

Hope this helps
high rated
lostwolfe: (...)
Chamb: Let's get one thing straight: no promises were made here. :)
And even if promises were made...
Chamb: Let's get one thing straight: no promises were made here. :)
Lemon_Curry: And even if promises were made...
Harsh! :P