It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Last chance to browse 500+ deals up to 90% off and explore our handmade Collections!

UPDATE: There's still time to join in our early spring celebrations! You need to hurry, though, because our fully blossomed Spring Sale will be going away after Sunday. It would be a real shame to miss these deals - they're just so neatly stacked and packed inside our hand-made collections. Oh, and if you're having trouble finding the one for you, feel free to take our perfectly reliable <span class="bold">Quiz</span> first.

--Original announcement follows--

Hey look, spring is coming! We can tell by the birds, and the bees, and all these games on sale: all tidy and organized in handmade collections by your friendly crew at GOG.com – the digital game store with a spring in its step.

Indeed, The Spring Sale has come with 500+ deals and handmade collections up to 90% off!

The spirit of vernal discovery and neatness shines through our spring collections: get straight to Our Favorite RPGs or Our Favorite First Person Shooters; see a breakdown of 10 Games With Wacky Gadgets; take a timid glance at our Games You Should Play At Night – there's bound to be a collection for you, there's one for every kind of gamer!

This week over half a thousand deals spring up at once, including our favorites like Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines (-75%), Darkest Dungeon (-50%), The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – GOTY (-40%), Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun (-10%), and way more in the 6-day Spring Sale.

Time to make your collections blossom!

The Spring Sale ends on March 12, 11:00 PM UTC, 3:00 PM PST, 6:00 PM EST.
Painted_Doll: Should i waste money on games from this sale ?
Is any of the games you want now on sale? Will you play it now if you buy it? Is the price for it one you feel comfortable paying?
If the answer to all of the above is yes, buy that game. If the answer to any of them is no, skip the sale. Same as every sale really.
JMich: Is any of the games you want now on sale? Will you play it now if you buy it? Is the price for it one you feel comfortable paying?
If the answer to all of the above is yes, buy that game. If the answer to any of them is no, skip the sale. Same as every sale really.
Thanks for the suggestion .
Painted_Doll: Thanks for the suggestion .
Don't listen to him.

BUY BUY BUY BUY

Throw 'em on the pile and forget 'em!
joshdad: You're right that I do have quite a few of these games, but I think that's the point. The best way for GOG to get me buy more games (games that I might not normally buy) is by making it worth my while to do so. When I'm trying to unlock a free game, I end up buying other games that I might not normally buy, but I want get enough points to qualify for the freebie. Or when GOG has bundles that require 10 of the games in the bundle for a better discount, I find myself getting 2 or 3 "other" games that are part of the bundle in order to get a bigger discount.
It just seems that this Sale is not very special. I looked the first day, saw a few games I wanted, got them, and then had no reason to check back any other day - nothing new was being offered.
I prefer this type of sale, without any of the gimmicks. I've passed on games before that were in a bundle that required additional games to get the bigger discount. I have too many games to clutter things up with games I don't want, and I won't pay more for a game that would be cheaper if I also bought games I don't want. I also rarely, if ever, benefit from the free game incentives since I almost always have the free game already.

Thanks GOG for a straight forward sale.
joshdad: Probably one of the worst SALE promos that GOG has had in a long time. Normally I end up buying a lot of games trying to earn enough points to get that cool FREE game that is unlockable - not this time.
IwubCheeze: Just a thought, but maybe the reason you aren't buying as much now is because you already bought a lot in the past?

When I first joined GOG, I also bought a lot of games in the first year, but then the number dwindled in the following years. The reason being is I've already picked up the "must own" games and nearly all the games in my wishlist are in the "interested - slighty interested" category. There was also the backlog issue which has helped restrain my purchases.
That is exactly the case for me as well. In the GOG "honeymoon" period I bought all the classics (Sanitarium, System Shock ... ), and after that I was very quick to collect the kind of games I enjoy the most. GOG are quite fast in adding more games to the store, but the vast majority of them are in genres that don't interest me.

It's also a result of GOG having more or less same games on sale whenever these big sales come around. Some games are rarely on sale while others often are on sale.That's just my impression.

I actually buy more games from the sales that occur in-between the big ones, because they tend to feature games that are less frequently on sale.
IwubCheeze: Just a thought, but maybe the reason you aren't buying as much now is because you already bought a lot in the past?

When I first joined GOG, I also bought a lot of games in the first year, but then the number dwindled in the following years. The reason being is I've already picked up the "must own" games and nearly all the games in my wishlist are in the "interested - slighty interested" category. There was also the backlog issue which has helped restrain my purchases.

Here's my purchase history (freebies not included)

2013: 52
2014: 46
2015: 34
2016: 28
2017: 3

When you buy all your high priority games in the past, buying less over the years really doesn't seem that strange
That's exactly how it is for me personally. I didn't start shopping here until Oct 2012 but between then and the Winter holiday sale I went apeshit buying stuff. In fact I broke their shopping cart software by having more than 50 games in one purchase, they told me nobody had done that before. In 2013 I kept up with indulgences in the sales each round pretty much. I'm not sure when I slowed down but I more or less vacuumed up all of my nostalgic game history or a good chunk of it, plus newer titles and highly desired ones over time.

I still have a tonne of games wishlisted, but my existing haul has satiated me somewhat and I purchase in a more refined manner these days rather than buying the whole store out. LOL

I like the new sale format and think this sale was decent, but I didn't make any purchases this time around because even though many games on my wishlist are on sale, not quite at prices low enough to beat my will power for my desire to have them. A few came close though, but unfortunately the games that would have been definite instabuys for me in this sale - I already bought in a previous sale here. :)

mintee: while I dont think its the worst sale I do have to agree that its not attracting my attention like the old ones with daily points to unlock free games. I have put off a few major purchases in prep for one of those sales and have no urge to waste points and squander those few titles i still want to add to my library, only to see that type of sale come up next. if they give a heads up those kinds of sales are over Ill go ahead and just buy what I want in regular sales. on a side note, I find the whole bundle thing confusing, I never see a change in sale discount even if I select all the games that I dont have in that bundle.
That's why they're called collections instead of bundles. Subtle but different.
Post edited March 10, 2017 by skeletonbow
Has anyone tried Dragon Age: Origins? Does it always use the "top-view" camera? Or does it use a third-person perspective?
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried Dragon Age: Origins? Does it always use the "top-view" camera? Or does it use a third-person perspective?
You can get in closer but as top view.You zoom in with mouse wheel.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by Tauto
Chandoraa: It might seem like I've been actively trying to hate on GOG lately, which is not really the case. Good Old GOG gave me enough joy for «New» GOG not to fear my wrath unless they come to screw up royally. My attitude might veer towards apathy/indifference at worst, I'd say. Still, I was curious to see how many games were actually at a 90% discount, so I checked MaGOG and it turns out the answer is five. Make of that what you will.
From that 5 I already have 4. Got myself Alien Breed. Cheapest sale for me yet.

Smannesman: I hope some Connect titles get added tomorrow.
ciemnogrodzianin: Abandon hope all ye who thinks the same. The only reason of turning GOG Connect on is to increase the sales. What would be the reason to make it now, when:
a) sale comes to its end,
b) perhaps some people have just paid to get the games, which would be now available for free?
How would it increase the sales?

joshdad: Probably one of the worst SALE promos that GOG has had in a long time. Normally I end up buying a lot of games trying to earn enough points to get that cool FREE game that is unlockable - not this time.
Normally I check back every day to see what NEW (or different) games are on sale for the day - not this time.
Normally I click on the different bundles to see if a game is perhaps part of a bundle that might make it cheaper (and in the process end up getting a couple of games that I might not normally get) - not this time.
Normally I look forward to seeing what new games might be added to GOGconnect - not this time.
This time I pretty much looked at what games were on sale on day 1, ended up buying 2 or 3, and that was it. No reason to come back every day.
I know it's GOG's choice on how they want to put on a sale, but just looking at my own purchases this time compared to what I usually purchase, this was one pretty lame sale.

Here's my purchase history (freebies not included)

2013: 52
2014: 46
2015: 34
2016: 28
2017: 3

When you buy all your high priority games in the past, buying less over the years really doesn't seem that strange
Well there are a few titles I'm personally really interested in but they either don't have good discounts or if they do it's newer titles that are still somewhat expensive. An XP sale or bundled discounts would be an incentive to purchase some and even others I'm not very interested in. This is a rather mediocre sale and there isn't even something to come back to with everything revealed on day 1.

The "free" games are usually decent ones that are on the more expensive side so there's always been one or two I don't have. It's interesting how many people like the format of this sale yet didn't purchase anything or purchased less this time. It's not always what people like the most but what works best and it seems the old formats were good compromises for everyone. I think this is a failed experiment.

Oh and then there are people who have most games but buy the rest for someone else.
Post edited March 11, 2017 by PromZA
deleted
Haven't bought anything during this sale. Though I am in the middle of switching credit cards so it's not by choice not getting anything.
IronArcturus: Has anyone tried Dragon Age: Origins? Does it always use the "top-view" camera? Or does it use a third-person perspective?
Tauto: You can get in closer but as top view.You zoom in with mouse wheel.
I was doing my gaming primarily on consoles when Origins came out but I remember being very jealous that PC users had the additional classic PC iso / Baldur's playstyle. Was seriously bummed it wasn't included in the console version (I'm guessing due to controller limitations?).

When it released here, I couldn't believe 1) how great the Baldur's Gate style interface was and 2) how absolutely gorgeous the game looked. I was seriously tempted to dive into it again, but I'd already sunk just an obscene number of hours of my life into this game ;)
joshdad:
jalister: I prefer this type of sale, without any of the gimmicks. I've passed on games before that were in a bundle that required additional games to get the bigger discount. I have too many games to clutter things up with games I don't want, and I won't pay more for a game that would be cheaper if I also bought games I don't want. I also rarely, if ever, benefit from the free game incentives since I almost always have the free game already.
I agree with most of what you said. Where we differ is that I do like the opportunity to get free games when I spend enough.
Tauto: You can get in closer but as top view.You zoom in with mouse wheel.
Ixamyakxim: I was doing my gaming primarily on consoles when Origins came out but I remember being very jealous that PC users had the additional classic PC iso / Baldur's playstyle. Was seriously bummed it wasn't included in the console version (I'm guessing due to controller limitations?).

When it released here, I couldn't believe 1) how great the Baldur's Gate style interface was and 2) how absolutely gorgeous the game looked. I was seriously tempted to dive into it again, but I'd already sunk just an obscene number of hours of my life into this game ;)
Both great games,no doubt.I think I aged about three years playing these games and to come to think of it,must go back for the umpteenth time after I get sick of what I am currently playing (again for the umpteenth time).Console versions of some games differ slightly but still a lot of fun.
jalister: I prefer this type of sale, without any of the gimmicks. I've passed on games before that were in a bundle that required additional games to get the bigger discount. I have too many games to clutter things up with games I don't want, and I won't pay more for a game that would be cheaper if I also bought games I don't want. I also rarely, if ever, benefit from the free game incentives since I almost always have the free game already.
oldgameryeah: I agree with most of what you said. Where we differ is that I do like the opportunity to get free games when I spend enough.
I like free stuff too. :)
It's just been disappointing that I usually have the free offerings already. :(