It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The most haunted night of the year draws near, and we’re getting ready for it at GOG. Beware – you’re in for some scary fun! We’re taking you on a weird adventure full of creepy creatures lurking in the dark, but don’t worry, as we’re also treating you to more than 1200 deals, new releases, and recommendations from the team!

First, let’s take a look at the new releases on GOG:

· Dagon: by H.P. Lovecraft (FREE)
· The Shore (-40%)
· Just Cause 1 (-75%)
· Just Cause 2 - Complete Edition (-75%)
· Tormented Souls (-10%)
· Agony

The above list of spooky stories is just a fraction of the Halloween theme on GOG. Expect more eerie and frightening games coming this week!

Of course, what would be a Halloween Sale without gaming deals, and we have tons of them, including:

· Elvira’s Horror Bundle (-10%)
· Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines (-50%)
· Mundaun (-30%)
· Arkham Horror: Mother’s Embrace (-50%)
· Gamedec (-10%)
· The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt GOTY (-80%)
· Diablo + Hellfire (-15%)
· GRIME (-15%)
· Phantasmagoria (-35%)
· BloodRayne: Terminal Cut (-35%)

We know that going on such spooky and creepy adventures alone is not an easy feat. That’s why a few of the GOG team members have decided to join you on this trip by preparing their own game recommendations that you can find among the well-known Halloween collections:

· Check the collections from GOG Team members, where they share their favorite horror games
· In the Tricks collection, you’ll find all the scary titles
· The Treats collection offers you more cute and funny titles
· The Scariest Discounts collection features the Halloween Sale’s best deals.
· The Bestellers collection features GOG's all-time hits.

Join the creepy Halloween Sale adventure from GOG before the creatures scurry back into the dark on November 3rd, 2021, at 2 PM UTC, when the sale ends.
MarkoH01: Nope, it is GOG - all it would take is a valid age verification. Such games aren't banned in Germany at all.
novumZ: Is this the same case as within Australia?
Since people complained from there too about the same issue.
I don't know the laws in Australia so I can't tell you and can only speak for Germany. But somebody from Australia probably will be able to answer this question.
NuffCatnip: How much is Agony?
...fucking geo-locks... :/
novumZ: I don't put a blame on GOG, it's simply your government.
In this case the government has nothing to do with it.

I thougt so too before, but these titles aren't banned in germany, Steam, gog and co are just overly careful.
Post edited October 27, 2021 by NuffCatnip
Is nice to see more of Square Enix (Western Side), wonder what can be next: Soul Suspect?
high rated
GOG.com: ...
GOG, discount code for Outlast II gives exactly the same discount % as the regular one available on sale without any code – is that correct?

Added:
• $7.49 • -75% • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
• $8.99 • -55% • Brigador: Up-Armored Edition
• $12.89 • -57% • Brigador: Up-Armored Deluxe
• $17.99 • -10% • Drox Operative 2
Post edited October 27, 2021 by ciemnogrodzianin
NuffCatnip: I thougt so too before, but these titles aren't banned in germany, Steam, gog and co are just overly careful.
Technically we only have very few games that are actually "banned" in Germany - indexed <> banned as you probably know. Unfortunately many still don't understand the difference though.

(And yes, this probably still is the work of the Medienanstalt SH and not the government)
Post edited October 27, 2021 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Medienanstalt
Ugh...

But yeah, the amount of actually indexed games isn't that big.
novumZ: I don't put a blame on GOG, it's simply your government.
NuffCatnip: In this case the government has nothing to do with it.

I thougt so too before, but these titles aren't banned in germany, Steam, gog and co are just overly careful.
It's not about being careful. In Steam's case it's a violation and they were fined for it earlier this year. In GOG's case it's a mere nuisance that I can't choose "in which country to shop" without a VPN. Hey, GOG, why can't you set up easily accessible regional shops? All these hoops we have to jump through.

Edit: for clarification: The German laws you're talking about only take effect within German borders. If we had simple (wink wink nudge nudge) ways of shopping outside of Germany we wouldn't need those verifications.
Post edited October 27, 2021 by GrizzledLone
henriquejr: Is there a thread monitoring all Halloween Sales' Flash Deals?
ciemnogrodzianin: With "48 or 72h" interval we're going to have no more than 2-4 changes, so I guess no need for a separate thread. I'm not monitoring flash deals separately, but I'll run my script every day to find all changes in the sale, which means all new deals will be also reported here – you can just follow this thread, if it's enough for your needs.
Thank you so much! I'll follow this thread then.
NuffCatnip: I thougt so too before, but these titles aren't banned in germany, Steam, gog and co are just overly careful.
MarkoH01: Technically we only have very few games that are actually "banned" in Germany - indexed <> banned as you probably know. Unfortunately many still don't understand the difference though.

(And yes, this probably still is the work of the Medienanstalt SH and not the government)
I would say, that the problem lies in law in general. Probably Trade Laws or similar such.

It's gonna be a lot of extra hussle for any company to learn about German laws just to publish a few games. You have to be certain that you always operate perfectly legally adhereing to a given country's law, and also probably have some legal representatives if something bad happens. Otherwise you get some law or rule wrong, and you face a potential lawsuit, risking paying a hefty fine, or in some really unreasonable cases – being banned from selling games in that country altogether. All of this is just not worth it to sell a few controversial titles to German players.

Don't get me wrong – I think that this should not take place and preferably all of world's culture should be freely available to anyone, but I understand GOG has a lot to risk and would have to invest a lot of resources just to see this happen.
Post edited October 28, 2021 by pazZzurro
Dogmaus: A cliff-hanger ending is not an unfinished game IMHO. It's the beginning of a saga, if sequels are released for real it's a different matter. An unfinished game for me is a game sold full of bugs and unpolished. Anyway I haven't played Stygian yet so I can't say who is right.
phaolo: Some people say it's not a proper cliffhanger tho.
You start various quests (main and side) and you can't finish them.
And the game doesn't seem bug-free either.
sure, I was just summing up what the devs claimed in that old Steam thread, that they were working on making the game better. So it didn't say that the game was half finished, but that for the devs is finished.
Again, i don't mind being trolled by a game with a sudden change or ending.
Mr.Mumbles: Nice to see the first two Just Cause games here and Squeenix releasing more of their (Western) back-catalog on GOG. I'm curious though: Is there any reason to pick up the first game? As far as I can recall, the sequel is supposed to be a much superior game.
TheGrimLord: So is there any real reason at all to play the first Just Cause, or can I skip it and go to the second?
Not really imho. There is no story or lore to speak of imho, I found 1 confusing (goal not always clear), the driving isn't great in either game but worse in 1, there are very few mods for 1, graphics are obviously better in 2, both can run on a potato with Intel graphics.

For JC2 I highly recommend BOLOPatch (don't know if it works on the GOG version): allows you to enable infinite health, infinite ammo, unbreakable ropes and multiple ropes. In short it can make you a god who creates spider webs out of enemy jeeps and soldiers.

Also get No Blackmarket Cutscenes v2 because those Blackmarket scenes get old real fast.

I personally also like Free Ragdoll, No Stunt, No CAC Combined (disables Camera Auto Centering and stunt cam) and original Parachute Thrusters as DEFAULT so you don't have to re-buy them from the blackmarket every time you start the game or die.
Post edited October 28, 2021 by W3irdN3rd
Thanks a lot for Dagon, Bit Golem & GOG!
GrizzledLone: Edit: for clarification: The German laws you're talking about only take effect within German borders. If we had simple (wink wink nudge nudge) ways of shopping outside of Germany we wouldn't need those verifications.
If you are within Germany's borders at the time when you buy a game, then those laws are applicable to your purchase of that game.

The suggestion in that quoted statement, for GOG to facilitate a way for its German customers to break Germany's law, doing that would be a very horrible move on GOG's part, and open them up to all sorts of terrible liability.

But I'm sure the bosses at GOG know that already, and hence would never do something that foolish.
Post edited October 28, 2021 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Thanks for the freebie, GOG and Bit Golem.
Nice batch of releases. Tormented Souls to me looks particularly promising.