It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Alright. So a more than a week has passed since I messaged Judas and he never messaged back. I messaged him more than once as well. Never mind that. I will proceed to contact the song writer of the OST and research the rights myself. Do you think PMing another blue could help?
HijacK: Alright. So a more than a week has passed since I messaged Judas and he never messaged back. I messaged him more than once as well. Never mind that. I will proceed to contact the song writer of the OST and research the rights myself. Do you think PMing another blue could help?
I've had that situation on occasion. I think the blues are especially swamped with all that's going on. I'd just go ahead and try to get in touch on your own.
HijacK: Alright. So a more than a week has passed since I messaged Judas and he never messaged back. I messaged him more than once as well. Never mind that. I will proceed to contact the song writer of the OST and research the rights myself. Do you think PMing another blue could help?
tfishell: I've had that situation on occasion. I think the blues are especially swamped with all that's going on. I'd just go ahead and try to get in touch on your own.
I'll get to doing that then. No sense in losing the small free time window that I got.
All right! I have emailed Mr. Houge about the OST of Arcanum. I'm waiting for a reply, which might as well never come, but in the meantime I will work on researching the owning rights for Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls.

For those of you who are interested in what I have written to Mr. Houge, here's a copy of the email.

Hello, Mr. Houge.

I am writing this email to you to request information about who owns the rights to the soundtrack of Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura. As you may know, the game has been released on a digital distribution service called GOG. Through the purchase of the game, buyers are also given a few nice bonuses in the form of avatars, concept art etc. However, the soundtrack is not provided. Given the fact the soundtrack was released as a free download, I was wondering if there would be any problem if the GOG staff would add it to the bonus section of the game, considering the fact many people don't know about the free release of the soundtrack. Furthermore, I would like to ask if you posses any information of who exactly owns the rights to Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls. The module has been very limited in its physical release due to it being only a pre-order bonus, but to this day there are many people who would like to purchase it at a reasonable price and play it. This information would be very useful towards bringing this module on gog.com. Please consider my questions.
Post edited October 08, 2014 by HijacK
HijacK: *snip*
Ohhh, interesting! I hope you get an answer!

When contacting people I normally try to point out that I'm merely a fan and not a member of the GOG staff - just to avoid confusion. And I then offer to get them in touch with the GOG staff.

TurrnipSlayer is in charge of "recruiting" old games for GOG. If you get an answer, pass on the information to him and he'll tell you what the next steps might be.
At least that's how it happens to me.
This is probably a noob-ish question since I didn't actually read all the threads concerning this subject, but do you guys know this list (offsite), and does it possibly have any interest for finding targets for GOG?
For those interested in bringing more Arcanum goodies to the website, there may be another way of contacting Mr. Houge, though I wouldn't normally recommend it since this is his cell phone number, but PM me for it if you want to try that way.
Tannath: This is probably a noob-ish question since I didn't actually read all the threads concerning this subject, but do you guys know this list (offsite), and does it possibly have any interest for finding targets for GOG?
Interesting site, but it seems like it's promoting "abandonware" as it claims games like Call to Power 2, Doom, and Freespace 2 "Free, legal games for download". Some are certainly freeware, however.
tfishell: Interesting site, but it seems like it's promoting "abandonware" as it claims games like Call to Power 2, Doom, and Freespace 2 "Free, legal games for download". Some are certainly freeware, however.
I think you should read the About section to better understand what the site is about.

And here's for example the page for Doom.
About the Legend Entertainement point 'n' click adventure games, I've got an old interview of Bob Bates (2011) were he states that rights belonged to Atari at that time so maybe we could dig in this way... See attached picture for the interview bits.

EDIT: I don't have LinkedIn but here's what could be Bob Bates profile (he worked at Zynga those last 4 years so that explains the casual/mobiles,etc. tags) to get more infos if possible:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bob-bates/0/186/b91
Attachments:
Post edited October 09, 2014 by catpower1980
Tannath: This is probably a noob-ish question since I didn't actually read all the threads concerning this subject, but do you guys know this list (offsite), and does it possibly have any interest for finding targets for GOG?
tfishell: Interesting site, but it seems like it's promoting "abandonware" as it claims games like Call to Power 2, Doom, and Freespace 2 "Free, legal games for download". Some are certainly freeware, however.
Actually, it doesn't promote abandonware, but you're right something is wrong: they don't clearly mark the games where the source code is available but not game data. Like in Doom, Quake and Freespace 2. Those are "open source" games, but the data is still copyrighted and not freely available. For example: you can compile quake binary from the source, but you still need the game data (maps, engines, models) from the original game (shareware or commercial).

Hope that clears the confusion. :)
But there are also games that are completely (source and data) "liberated" (ie: published under OSI compatible license). For example: Warzone 2100. I know there are more examples, just my memory is a bit rusty.
Post edited October 09, 2014 by astropup
catpower1980: About the Legend Entertainement point 'n' click adventure games, I've got an old interview of Bob Bates (2011) were he states that rights belonged to Atari at that time so maybe we could dig in this way... See attached picture for the interview bits.

EDIT: I don't have LinkedIn but here's what could be Bob Bates profile (he worked at Zynga those last 4 years so that explains the casual/mobiles,etc. tags) to get more infos if possible:
I can send a LinkedIn request to connect if you like. Do you have a set of questions you'd like to run by him if he responds?
catpower1980: About the Legend Entertainement point 'n' click adventure games, I've got an old interview of Bob Bates (2011) were he states that rights belonged to Atari at that time so maybe we could dig in this way... See attached picture for the interview bits.

IAmSinistar: I can send a LinkedIn request to connect if you like. Do you have a set of questions you'd like to run by him if he responds?
The main question would be: where are the rights of Legend Entertainment various games right now? If some rights haven't expired and are still with Atari then I guess it would be easy to get some contact between them and gog staff. Of course with all the ups and downs of Atari, we have to guess which entity to adress (Atari Inc?/Atari SA?/Infogrames?)

If it was a Belgian studio like Larian or Appeal, I would have surely taken the matter at hand around a cup of coffee with the devs, it would be much simpler ;)
catpower1980: The main question would be: where are the rights of Legend Entertainment various games right now? If some rights haven't expired and are still with Atari then I guess it would be easy to get some contact between them and gog staff. Of course with all the ups and downs of Atari, we have to guess which entity to adress (Atari Inc?/Atari SA?/Infogrames?)
Okay, I've sent a contact request on LinkedIn, I'll let you know what I hear back. If the request is accepted, I'll ask about the above.