It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SCPM: I mentioned DOSBox to him, as well as the possibility of producing a freeware license if he would like the game to be made officially freeware, but he didn't respond. I'm sure he would know better than most what the original legal arrangements were, but I don't know if he has, or cares to look for, any proof.
Ugh, how frustrating! I love D/Generation and truly believe it deserves a re-release. Maybe GOG could be encouraged to reach out to him directly, since if they are interested in the game they could show him that a re-release means Real Money?

Piranjade: Sorry, that I'm not giving out details but I'm waiting for a response from Arek about this "last" rights holder.
As soon as everything is sorted out one way or the other I'll tell you the tale of what happened to the Thalion rights.
The secrecy is understandable, and I'm sure we're all looking forward to the whole story when you are able to release it! I really hope you get a positive response, as it would be so lovely to have Ambermoon here.

I've been talking with Arek about another title, one in which GOG seems to have an existing arrangement with the publisher. He's passed it along to the person at GOG who deals with them, so hopefully there will be some progress to report in that regard. More details when I can talk about it publicly.
I want to contribute to this project of getting games with scattered rights on GOG as well. Any indication how I would be of help?
HijacK: I want to contribute to this project of getting games with scattered rights on GOG as well. Any indication how I would be of help?
Some basic recommended steps, though not rigid guidelines:

1) Find a game you are passionate about that would make a good release on GOG, ideally one which isn't already well-known and unlikely to need (or respond to) a third-part effort to secure. So NO on Diablo, and YES on Ambermoon, for example.

2) Mention the game here, to see if anyone else has already researched it. Even if not, they can possibly provide information about the developer or publisher, which will let you know if there is somewhere to start looking, or if you are chasing a known dead-end. (In the case of some publishers they have been acquired via mergers and buyouts by large companies which either have an established relationship with GOG, or which appear not to want one.)

3) If your game clears those hurdles, start researching it. Sites like Mobygames can provide developer and company information on many titles, and these can give a place to start. Sometimes it's a matter of finding the developers' names and doing a web search on that. That's how I got in touch with Mev Dinc from Vivid Image, for example.
SCPM: I mentioned DOSBox to him, as well as the possibility of producing a freeware license if he would like the game to be made officially freeware, but he didn't respond. I'm sure he would know better than most what the original legal arrangements were, but I don't know if he has, or cares to look for, any proof.
IAmSinistar: Ugh, how frustrating! I love D/Generation and truly believe it deserves a re-release. Maybe GOG could be encouraged to reach out to him directly, since if they are interested in the game they could show him that a re-release means Real Money?
I let Arek know. Here's Robert Cook's Twitter account if anyone wants to persuade him, but it's been inactive since June:
https://twitter.com/robert_a_cook/
This one's from a while ago, but I forgot to ever post it here. Bill Appleton, former founder of Cyberflix stated on Twitter that he still owned the rights to the company's catalog of games, most notably Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. I sent him a message asking if he'd consider re-releasing them, but I never got a response.

More info on Cyberflix:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberflix

Bill's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/bill_appleton
pezhead53: This one's from a while ago, but I forgot to ever post it here. Bill Appleton, former founder of Cyberflix stated on Twitter that he still owned the rights to the company's catalog of games, most notably Titanic: Adventure Out of Time. I sent him a message asking if he'd consider re-releasing them, but I never got a response.

More info on Cyberflix:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyberflix

Bill's Twitter:
https://twitter.com/bill_appleton
I asked him about that some time ago:
https://twitter.com/bill_appleton/status/483251521161682944

It's one of those cases where I wonder: Why NOT do a re-release?
Post edited September 26, 2014 by Piranjade
tfishell: But I congratulate those still doing research rights, and Piranjade for really getting somewhere after so long. :)
Piranjade: *glows*
I still kind of cannot believe it, and now I have to wait for the final confirmation of the current rights holder. And I'm really afraid that they won't answer me. Or don't have any interest in using or selling the Thalion rights.

Sorry, that I'm not giving out details but I'm waiting for a response from Arek about this "last" rights holder.
As soon as everything is sorted out one way or the other I'll tell you the tale of what happened to the Thalion rights.
Oh wow, I can't believe you did it after all this time! Best of luck!
Piranjade: *glows*
I still kind of cannot believe it, and now I have to wait for the final confirmation of the current rights holder. And I'm really afraid that they won't answer me. Or don't have any interest in using or selling the Thalion rights.

Sorry, that I'm not giving out details but I'm waiting for a response from Arek about this "last" rights holder.
RaggieRags: Oh wow, I can't believe you did it after all this time! Best of luck!
I also cannot believe it! :-D

I kept trying and trying but either got no answer at all or people didn't know anything about the rights.
And then I tried an angle that I was sure would be a dead end (that's why I hadn't tried it before) - and it worked out. That lead me to the previous to last rights holder who answered me very nicely and told me where the rights went and where they should still be.
Fingers crossed that we have now really reached the end of the chain and the rights owner is interested in using the rights.
All right! I want to start a project, albeit maybe too ambitious for a beginner like me, to complete the Arcanum game that we have on GOG. I have done a bit of research, and apparently Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls was a bonus disk given to the people that have pre-ordered the game through EB games. (This information is what I was able to read from unofficial forums since there appears to be no official information on the module), so I was thinking, after so many years, surely they can release it as a small add-on or DLC similar to the DLC Sword of the Stars has here on GOG. Did anyone do any research on the rights of this before, or do I have to start from scratch?
HijacK: All right! I want to start a project, albeit maybe too ambitious for a beginner like me, to complete the Arcanum game that we have on GOG. I have done a bit of research, and apparently Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls was a bonus disk given to the people that have pre-ordered the game through EB games. (This information is what I was able to read from unofficial forums since there appears to be no official information on the module), so I was thinking, after so many years, surely they can release it as a small add-on or DLC similar to the DLC Sword of the Stars has here on GOG. Did anyone do any research on the rights of this before, or do I have to start from scratch?
Sounds like a lost case just like Diablo: Hellfire, which is available nowhere because it was a Sierra product made for one of Blizzard. It's a shame, because the new dungeons were really nice.

Offtopic: By searching for it on battle.net I didn't even found the Diablo 1 or 2 base games but instead stuff like this:
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-service-character-boost
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-warforged-nightmare
What the....?
HijacK: All right! I want to start a project, albeit maybe too ambitious for a beginner like me, to complete the Arcanum game that we have on GOG. I have done a bit of research, and apparently Arcanum: The Lost Dungeon of Souls was a bonus disk given to the people that have pre-ordered the game through EB games. (This information is what I was able to read from unofficial forums since there appears to be no official information on the module), so I was thinking, after so many years, surely they can release it as a small add-on or DLC similar to the DLC Sword of the Stars has here on GOG. Did anyone do any research on the rights of this before, or do I have to start from scratch?
I don't think there has been a search for those, but it would indeed be a nice addition to GOG. so great idea!
The scenario was written by Jason Anderson for Troika, so if the rights aren't with what is left of Troika (or the guys who made Wastelands 2) or with Activision, he might maybe know something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Anderson_%28artist%29
Post edited September 26, 2014 by Piranjade
Klumpen0815: Sounds like a lost case just like Diablo: Hellfire, which is available nowhere because it was a Sierra product made for one of Blizzard. It's a shame, because the new dungeons were really nice.

Offtopic: By searching for it on battle.net I didn't even found the Diablo 1 or 2 base games but instead stuff like this:
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-service-character-boost
https://us.battle.net/shop/en/product/world-of-warcraft-warforged-nightmare
What the....?
Interesting. Since Sierra is owned by Activision, and the whole Activision-Blizzard deal is owned by Vivendi, you'd think it would be quite easy to make the whole packet available. This being said, DIablo 1 is not available on any DD service that I've seen. It may have been available on Battle.net once, but it's not anymore. However, I have seen physical copies of Diablo Hellfire and compilations of Diablo + Diablo Hellfire, so I think it is quite possible for such a project to be completed, given that GOG signs a deal with Blizz and people are lucky enough that Blizz listened to them.
Piranjade: I don't think there has been a search for those, but it would indeed be a nice addition to GOG. so great idea!
The scenario was written by Jason Anderson for Troika, so if the rights aren't with what is left of Troika (or the guys who made Wastelands 2) or with Activision, he might maybe know something.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Anderson_%28artist%29
Thanks for the info. I'll start working on it once Fall Break begins.
Now that's something I'd play right after finishing Wasteland 2 if it came here. Hell, I'd even pay for it as an expansion pack for original Arcanum.
And a disc picture
Maybe InXile would know a little more about it?
I agree with Piranjade, give it a go. It would be a nice addition here on GOG, to be able to expand a classic release with more content!